Totally messed up! :(

Tanya c

Hey all,

Just feel so rubbish. Was doing so well and lost 5lb in my first week. This is my 2nd week and since my weigh in on sat, I've just gone off track. It started with my scales not working properly so couldn't weigh accurately... Am an all or nothing type person so felt like a failure as i wasn't 100%. This had led to picking and then on Monday i ordered a pizza. So mad with myself:( have weighed myself since and looks like I've put on a couple of pounds. Is this water weight?

Hey all,

Just feel so rubbish. Was doing so well and lost 5lb in my first week. This is my 2nd week and since my weigh in on sat, I've just gone off track. It started with my scales not working properly so couldn't weigh accurately... Am an all or nothing type person so felt like a failure as i wasn't 100%. This had led to picking and then on Monday i ordered a pizza. So mad with myself:( have weighed myself since and looks like I've put on a couple of pounds. Is this water weight?

Hello lovely, don't worry! You can yourself right back on track now! :) Sometimes we have blips, even if you have put on a couple of pounds you're still down from your start date which is a real achievement!! :) Not sure about the water weight as never quite sure how it works but your weight is still going in the right direction :) Keep going and keep smiling. We're trying to get the SF forum a bit more talkative so there's a few of us now who are regular posters. Put the last couple of days behind you, you can move forward :)

Aah thanks Beth! Thanks for the encouragement. Hope to be on track tomorrow! How's your weight loss going?

Aah thanks Beth! Thanks for the encouragement. Hope to be on track tomorrow! How's your weight loss going?

You CAN do it :) Come straight back to Minimins if you're having a bit of a low moment, please! :) I started SF on Monday and by Weds morning had lost 3 and a half pounds, not near any scales now until Saturday morning so excited to see!

Oh Tanya, I know that feeling, I've spent months falling off the wagon and I'm finally feeling like I'm back on track and know you can do it too, start fresh again tomorrow, sometimes a slip up can make me feel more determined, tomorrow's a new day, good luck, we are here if you need support x

Thanks for the support swee-tooth. I guess it's hard as I'm unemployed at the mo and spend most of my time in the house so food is in easy reach! Have started off well today and hope to continue. How is your weight loss going?

That's fab Beth! I bet you're really pleased! Keep going, u'll be at goal in no time x

That's fab Beth! I bet you're really pleased! Keep going, u'll be at goal in no time x

Hey Tanya, great to hear from your other post that all is well today so far. I can understand the being at home thing - I'm a student and spend a lot of time at home either at uni or back home. There is a tendency to want to eat whether you are hungry or not. I guess before a reward for me was popping to Tesco for chocolate and crisps etc EVERY day. Is there some way you can take your mind off it? :)

I would like to reach goal before I go to Mexico but I will carry on losing after I get back! :) Got a 4 week job at end of summer and it involved assisting a group of young people at an outward bound centre... I want to be able to get involved rather than struggling to push myself physically! :)

Hi Tanya, hope you've had a better day and managed to stick with it,to keep on track I keep telling myself that the good feeling i get from stuffing myself with food only last for a few minutes but the good feeling i get from sticking to the diet and being good, lasts a lot longer, it's keeping me going at the moment!

Good luck, you can do it x

The dreaded exercise...ATTACK IT HEAD ON!

If you knew me as 'Beth11' does, (sister :p), you'd know I'd always hated exercise. However, just before Christmas 2012, I decided to get up early at half six and go to my local swimming baths. I've been everyday since - I love it. I always hated exercise because I never felt I was good at anything enough to stick at - I am now swimming 118 lengths a day (2 mile) and feel great for it, I have built muscle tone but I'm now on SF to get rid of the fat! I now love the exercise, it surpresses hunger and by setting myself targets for swimming it takes my mind of all the food I'd usually be thinking about :p plus, the monthly membership entitles me to use the sauna/steam room...YAY! By swimming early in the morning it boosts my metabolism which is usually slow. I did a lot of research into swimming and the benefits of it and now I love it. I've never been a runner or the star in the PE class back when I was in school but I've found something I really enjoy doing and it's a great way to meet other people too. Make a promise to yourself and get out there...I just need to sort out my eating habits - so far, so good! Lets motivate each other!

K xx

Hi Kirsty, Beth said she was doing it alongside her mum and sister thats great that you are on here too.

That is so fantastic to read that about your swimming, it's really wonderful that you have found something you love and are obviously good at, it's a real inspiration to me to hear that, I do enjoy running but don't feel I'm that great and it, my main sporting love is horseriding, I go every week and love it, it's a nice break from work and house work and the stresses of being a mum!

i totally agree with you about getting out there, if I feel hungry the best distraction is a walk and the fresh air is great too.

keep up the good work and words of motivation x

Hi Kirsty, Beth said she was doing it alongside her mum and sister thats great that you are on here too.

That is so fantastic to read that about your swimming, it's really wonderful that you have found something you love and are obviously good at, it's a real inspiration to me to hear that, I do enjoy running but don't feel I'm that great and it, my main sporting love is horseriding, I go every week and love it, it's a nice break from work and house work and the stresses of being a mum!

i totally agree with you about getting out there, if I feel hungry the best distraction is a walk and the fresh air is great too.

keep up the good work and words of motivation x

Wow, horseriding sounds amazing! Yeah, its a family affair - just trying to rake Dad in now, haha! It really helps by supporting each other - and so does MiniMins :)

Last edited:
Thanks kirsty. That's really encouraging. It's strange as i have so much exercise equipment but hardly touch it! My bike is my clothes horse at the mo lol .my hubby and i are going to start going for long walks now that the weather is better... Hopefully Will begin to enjoy it more! X

Back