Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Totally O/T Rant re: maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 26 April 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Ok so I go into my local town (Enfield) to get some maternity trousers as am huge this time.

Enfield has all the High St shops & a shopping centre but all of them have stopped doing maternity clothes, New Look, DP's, Top shop to name a few. The only place is Mothercare & I really can't afford to pay their prices.

I ended up in tears as was so looking forward to getting some comfortable fitting clothes. Everyone must've thought I was crazy as I just stood & cried.

It just made me so so angry. Why can't they do small sections of mat wear? I seen loads of pregnant ladies.

PS Anyone got maternity clothes size 18 to sell please send me a message

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    hey hun, they all still do their maternity clothes.. (i know this because i accidently bought a maternity top in new look last week haha )

mothercare really is over priced so i appriciate that, but i dont understand why it is only your retail centre that doest seem to stock the maternity wear anymore, i can assure you all others still do and you can also reach them online (albeit more hassle, not being able to try on etc) xxxx

4. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks Fern, I know that they do them still in their other stores my bug bear is why not in my town. It's not small.

I'll have to trek on the bus with a 16mth old to the town which does which is half an hour away which I don't fancy. I may have to do some online shopping :)

Just peed off that they've all stopped locally as they did them about a year ago not sure when or why they stopped. :mad:

5. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I found excatly the same thing when I was PG, couldn't find anything anywhere!!!

Do get yourself some bump bands though (like these: 3Pack Bump Band - Maternity - Womens | New Look) means you can wear some of your old (non-mat) tops, they just go underneath to make it look like you're wearing a longer top under :) and get a belly belt kit - I was wearing normal jeans the whole time, just used these to extend the flies a bit.... saved me a forune!!!! :D

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Is there an Asda near you that stocks the George range? My sis got a beautiful pair of maternity trousers there for about £8.

7. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    There are 3 George's near me & none of them do maternity.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.