Step 1 Sole Source Wake up call

Jo1989

Gold Member
So, I'm back again. Been on plan on and off all year to lose weight for my wedding (which I more or less managed) but since then have slipped back into appalling old habits. I do have another diary but I'm starting again as I want this to feel like a totally fresh start, rather than another restart.

I weighed in this morning at 14st 6, 2st 5lbs higher than my lowest weight on plan, and 2st higher than where I got to earlier this year before my wedding.

I'm feeling pretty upset with myself tonight, as my partner has just gone out to a wedding reception I was supposed to be going to, but have cried off from as I feel way too fat and will only spend the whole night feeling like a total embarrassment, to him and to myself. I feel so so sad that I'm not there enjoying the night with him. I know its an odd time to restart with Christmas coming up, especially as we're off to his family for three days over Christmas, but I know in the 5 days before then I can start to properly shift some bloat, hopefully control what I have those few days and come back and give the plan a really good go throughout January and February.

I can't keep doing this. I'm in a horrible cycle of 4/5 days on plan where I lose 8 lbs or so of water and a teeny bit of fat, and then feeling more comfortable and bingeing it all back on. I need to get down to 12st 1 (a BMI of 24 for me, and the weight at which I feel really good and have tons of nice clothes to fit me) and then start the rest of my life being more controlled, and potentially doing 5:2.

So the plan is as follows:

From now til 30th Jan on SS with 3 days off for Christmas. In those six weeks I should get down to about 12 and a half stone.

Then I want to do 2 weeks on step 2 (hopefully getting to 12st 1) and start going to the gym - I'll aim for 3 times a week of light cardio.

After that I'd like to gradually increase my calories while going to the gym til the point where I'm eating normally.

I really really really hope this is the last time I'm here, because all I can think about all the time is my weight, and I can't carry on like this anymore.

All the best for your journey. I know how u feel. I would cancel and make excuses all the time not to go out coz I felt fat and looked it. Never had nothing to wear, always felt people were looking at me.

So I've done something about it:) plus a holiday to look forward to in June alot slimmer.

So far I've lost 23lbs and a 17 inch loss in total. I feel so much happier. I still would like to lose 4 stone. I'm being 100% now with Xmas day off plan. I may even go back on boxing day and just have 1 day off not sure yet.

So when's your first weigh in

Hi Berry!

Sounds like you're doing really really well, and the time it'll take you to lose that 4 stone is nothing compared to the rest of your life! How long have you been going for?

I'm going to weigh next Sunday I think. I really would prefer not to be eating over Christmas but I don't want to make a massive deal of it when we're with my partner's family.

I'm feeling quite positive about a fresh start.

My last weigh in was my 6th week. So into my 7th week now. Not seeing my CDC until new years eve now to weigh. I must try my hardest not to let myself go over Christmas. I just don't want to put on. But then it will be like a fresh start again after Xmas.

The changes happen so quickly.

Made it through day 1.

On to day 2. Feeling positive and hopeful. I wont keep feeling like all people think when they look at me is that I'm a fat mess.

6 weeks on SS / 2 weeks Step 2 / 4 weeks building up my carbs/cals and exercise. 12 weeks out of my life that'll go so quickly if I'm in the right mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

First shake and first litre of water down and I'm feeling really positive.

Bit frustrated about Christmas though - we drive up late Christmas Eve which is fine as I can stay on plan all that day. Christmas Day and Boxing Day will try to stay with meat and veg and not nibble (I don't really drink anyway so no temptation there). Trouble is, I wanted to come back Boxing Day night which would've meant I could definitely get back on track all of Saturday and Sunday but he wants to come back Saturday midday which if I'm realistic, means service station food and huge temptation to eat crap as I find being good on half days once I've had an off plan meal really really hard.

I think I just need to settle three days off in my mind, and just see those as planned rather than cheats. I also need to learn to minimise damage on off days but unfortunately, if I know I have to have a lunch/dinner I absolutely can't get out of (usually a client one at work) I just think bugger it, I'll make the most of it.

Can only try my best I suppose.

i've signed up for a two month trial gym membership starting on Saturday 31st January, which gives me a great goal to work towards, as I want to be starting the gym after 6 weeks of SS at a BMI of 25. The membership will cover my weeks of working up cals and starting to exercise, and after that once I've successfully stuck to my plan I can sign up for a longer membership.

On another note (maybe slightly contradicting what I've written above about my target) I read a great article I want to make a note of here so I don't forget. The article talked about having no goals as such, but to work on a 'system' - something to do regularly to make you happy in the long run. So for example, if I want to lose weight, aiming for a 'system' that has me going to the gym every other day. That way, each gym day can be a success rather than the alternative of feeling I've only been successful if I hit my weight loss target that week (which sometimes might not happen despite sticking to a plan). Focusing on the action rather than the goals means guaranteed success - I can control my gym attendance or healthy eating, I can't control how my body reacts to it. I love the idea of guaranteed success!

Today is day 3, and I'm in work today and tomorrow, which I find much harder than being on plan at home. However, most of my colleagues are now off for Christmas, which means no tempting lunch invites! Also, I finish at 230 tomorrow, which will help.

I'm still feeling in the zone, which makes coming off plan for Christmas even more frustrating! Still, I'll just hope I still feel this way come Sunday. I'm off work all the following week and intend to hibernate until ketosis kicks in.

Will update later if I'm feeling tempted to come off plan to remind myself why I shouldn't.

At work and feeling very happy to be on plan and also less bloated in my work clothes. Happy bunny here!

Haircut tomorrow as my hair has got way too long and because its fine but loads of it its horribly flat which makes me feel like a right mess. All positive changes!

Feeling grumpy and fidgety but reminding myself eating wont help - I might temporarily feel better but then I'll feel terrible for giving in.

Arghhh I have a horrendous headache, and it defo feels like a carb withdrawal one. At least I know I'm going into ketosis I suppose. Still sticking to plan so hoping to feel better in the morning if not later tonight.

Day 4, headache gone, freezing cold, still feeling positive (though frustrated about coming off plan for Christmas).

Went out to get a subway for my partner last night (I know, healthy dinner right!) and the place just up the road was shut but had a sudden burst of energy and trekked to another one - so total of 40 mins brisk walking last night I normally wouldn't have done, plus I resisted the subway. Little successes.

Seem to have lost 8lbs so far (no wonder I felt bloated!) but hoping to shift another 1/2 before Christmas Day as I'm sure ill come back with 4/5 on. Positive today.

Argh today is a hard day. Might be because its my last day in work and I'm leaving early but I'm so fidgety and really really want to eat!

Going hope before the hairdresser so will have a quick shake then and hope that keeps me on the straight and narrow while I'm out this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Sitting at my desk with a rumbly tummy really really wanting to eat.

Which is ridiculous because its only 2 days til Christmas Day when I can eat guilt free.

I suppose that's partly what's making it hard, knowing Ill be eating anyway so feeling I might as well just enjoy this week and start fresh on Sunday.

BUT if I eat today I'll be dealing with extra bloat to lose and its 2 less days to lose a couple more lbs. Also, psychologically, if I lose another lb today and tomorrow ill be a BMI of 27 going to my partner's family rather than nearer 28 if I put water back on today and tomorrow which is more likely to make me want to limit the damage.

I hate these fights in my head!

Wow 8lbs. Well done so far. I'm trying so hard to be good today and tomorrow. I have been nibbling last couple of days and I wanted to stay 100%. I keep saying to myself it is Christmas, but I must be good otherwise I will gain too much. So a bit down with it at the moment.

Got my partner and kids macdonalds breakfast this morning. I was some tempted, but resisted. That's a bonus:)

Back