totally stupid and off topic question

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by JustForMe, 30 August 2009 Social URL.

1. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    you know when you stay in a hotel and you put your credit card number down to reserve a room

do they just charge the credit card after your stay.... ive just lost my pin for mine and dont like carrying cash. do you think they'll let me sign???:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. A Better Me

A Better Me Silver Member

I think thay just take it for insurance reasons to be honest, but i cant see there being a problem if you sign.. ring the hotel up and ask them before hand to see if they will accept that and it saves any embarrasment while your there.. or try giving your credit card company a ring and tell them the situation they might be able to help xx

4. Pollylicious

Pollylicious not-so-pudgy

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(21.03%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    in the USA you only need to wave your card somewhere near the cashier and they accept it, fraud is obvsiously not in their vocabulary! but in this country you might have trouble trying to pay without the pin these days; you could phone them and simply ask if theyre prepared to take a signature instead - I know that retailers can override. Alternatively give the cc company a call like Claire said, and cross your fingers you get someone who is helpful and that you can understand :D

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Hmmm I don`t know hun.

I worked in a hotel a couple of yrs ago and afaik we could only accept a CC but I guess as I never came up against it, There may have been a way?

I`d contact your bank & get a new 1 sent out xX

6. katy73

katy73 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    I would say take photo id with u ie passport and then they will know its you, anyway lucky you whats the occasion? and anyway whats the worst they can do? make u do the washing up or hold you until the payment clears(in 4 star luxury!!)

7. kellywobble

kellywobble Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I think they will only do it with a pin number these days. I'd do as sacred says an get a new one.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.