totally stupid and off topic question

JustForMe

Gold Member
you know when you stay in a hotel and you put your credit card number down to reserve a room

do they just charge the credit card after your stay.... ive just lost my pin for mine and dont like carrying cash. do you think they'll let me sign???:eek:

I think thay just take it for insurance reasons to be honest, but i cant see there being a problem if you sign.. ring the hotel up and ask them before hand to see if they will accept that and it saves any embarrasment while your there.. or try giving your credit card company a ring and tell them the situation they might be able to help xx

in the USA you only need to wave your card somewhere near the cashier and they accept it, fraud is obvsiously not in their vocabulary! but in this country you might have trouble trying to pay without the pin these days; you could phone them and simply ask if theyre prepared to take a signature instead - I know that retailers can override. Alternatively give the cc company a call like Claire said, and cross your fingers you get someone who is helpful and that you can understand :D

Hmmm I don`t know hun.

I worked in a hotel a couple of yrs ago and afaik we could only accept a CC but I guess as I never came up against it, There may have been a way?

I`d contact your bank & get a new 1 sent out xX

I would say take photo id with u ie passport and then they will know its you, anyway lucky you whats the occasion? and anyway whats the worst they can do? make u do the washing up or hold you until the payment clears(in 4 star luxury!!)

I think they will only do it with a pin number these days. I'd do as sacred says an get a new one.

Back