TOTM- and my food demons came out....gutted

Kezzerbelle

Silver Member
Ok i am angry, frustrated and dissapointed and all at myself. :break_diet:

I don't do excuses, but its my TOTM, and my food demons normally play up normally i win. Yesterday i lost and i am so upset with myself.

i hadn't planned it, it just crept up on me, and that was it job done!! it wasn't even a meal, i just grabbed at left overs. what frightens me more, is that when i come off TFR how often will this happen to me??

i am only 1 1/2lb off my 3 stone loss which i could have easily achived this week, fat chance now grrrrrrrr.

Back on the shakes and feeling more positive and determines to carry on dispite my blip.

but i need a good kick up the butt for this one. so come on guys bring it on!!!

Don't beat yourself up, as you've said, your back on track now and positive again so just put it behind you and carry on. No point in dwelling in the past. Just remember how you felt, so when the naughty devil taps again you will be fired up to say 'bugger off'!!

Good luck and keep positive.

I don't do excuses, but

see that....the "but"...is an excuse. You've decided that you're blaming period related things.

Reality says...nothing was forced upon you. You actively made a decision to eat things that you feel you shouldn't. Sounds harsh...but it's the truth.

So, it crept up eh? At what point did you realise you were doing it? Going to cupboard? Taking things out of cupboard? (or fridge...or whatever), taking things out of packaging? eating it? after eating it? Just asking so that you can be more aware and these things won't sneak up again.

It's grand that you're back having your shakes...that's good. Towel isn't thrown in cause of daft choosing to eat moment. :clap:

Doubt that this was the butt kicking you were looking for....however period stuff is going to happen and you need to be armed to deal with it - not just blame it and effectively reliquish the power to change that behaviour.

no Coley thats does help, and i understand what your saying. Normally i fight them very well, i just showed weakness i suppose.

your right. i made the decision to eat and yes i knew what i was doing at the time. the inner stregnth i have had for 15 weeks had obviously nipped you for a bit!!

Whatever the reason may have been, i didn't NEED to eat.

no Coley thats does help, and i understand what your saying. Normally i fight them very well, i just showed weakness i suppose.

your right. i made the decision to eat and yes i knew what i was doing at the time. the inner stregnth i have had for 15 weeks had obviously nipped you for a bit!!

Whatever the reason may have been, i didn't NEED to eat.

ah...but see!! you're lingering on the blame bit.

Yes...you decided, yes you did it.
You control your own behaviour, nothing else - period or otherwise does.

However......how do you avoid it next time? What are these demons and why do they bug you? ...so many things to think about.

I have to get rid of leftovers right away or I'll pick & pick- even now! I have found though that I'm cooking less for the rest of the family now (I eat different foods to them!) so I have less leftovers there- my dog has gone off me big-time!
I'm a chocoholic around my totm. I blame my 'baby' (now 2!)- I hadn't a sweet tooth at all until my pregnancy with her!
I would've ate 20 bags of cheese & onion, but thats another story!

Anyway-:whoopass::slap: There you go. Back on track today, and keep your hands and mouth otherwise occupied in the evenings from now on! :p

Kezzerbelle,

at least its only a day. You are back on track now so dont beat yourself up. Easier said than done, I know!

Thanks guys....

Yes lots to think about coley, maybe now is the turning point which i hadn't yet had with the diet. I have many food issues i need to face and deal with, and doing TFR completly takes food away so not really faced them. maybe now i really need to sit and deal with them, before i come off TFR. Hmmmmmm

Thanks for your help, it's what i need.

Squirt washing up liquid on leftovers! i promise it works :)

you know we are usually our own biggest critics - and you know exactly what happened and why it happened so...
1) stop beating yourself up - recognise and accept that you strayed from the path of LT righteousness, lol, but move on from it. onwards and downwards!!
2) get yourself back into the LT zone (sounds like you are there...)
3) don't dwell on this blip - i reckon dwelling on it could push you further towards another blip. be kind to yourself! you can't change the past but you can affect your future.
4) focus on weigh in - you never know what you've lost til you get there, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.
5) have you tried having a hot choc/vanilla shake during TOTM? might be a good plan as it's warming and chocolatey and is quite different to the cold version - a different sensation. personally i think the vanilla is v similar to white choc.

I would've ate 20 bags of cheese & onion, but thats another story!

*DROOL*
cheese and onion walkers sandwiches with white bread and butter.

sorry... not helpful... just regressing to my pre-LT life for a second there ;)

yes i does work...i managed to drown mcdonalds in water the other day.

and yes i used to love the crisps in bread and butter, not anymore i bet they are gross (wishful thinking)

Great advice from everyone there and I totally agree.The only person being let down is yourself.(don't know if I'm telling you or myself,talk to myself a lot these days lol)

This site is great by the way,reading everyones comments has just made me stronger (I was a bit shakey today)

Well done for getting it together.Be strong xx:)

*DROOL*
cheese and onion walkers sandwiches with white bread and butter.

sorry... not helpful... just regressing to my pre-LT life for a second there ;)
LOL! Sorry!!!:wave_cry::eek:
If it helps, I haven't wanted a bag since I came off LT? ;) They seem so greasy? I'm having these flavoured rice-cake thingys that seem to hit the spot just fine.

Hi

Sorry to hear you've had a tough time, but your losses so far have been great & you know you can do it! So hopefully this will spur you on not to deviate again :)

Good luck with this week & the weigh in!

Hannah

hi kezzer,
At least youve realised your mistake and your anger towards yourself should preventing you from slipping again.Don`t let this 1 blip get you down we are all human after all. stay positive and you sound like your back in the LT frame of mind already.. so well done on your loss so far and good luck 4 this weeks weigh in xxxxx

Hey Kezzer, don't beat yourself up, TOTM is a nightmare (men don't know how lucky they are!)

At least you're angry with yourself. Enough anger to stop you from doing it again, and it's great you have the guts to come onboard and post about it.

You helped me in a way as I'm dreading my TOTM as I usually eat everything in sight and then some more. So you've kind of prepared me for battle as I now know what's ahead.

Hi Kez

Sorry, I am a little late as I wasnt on last night!

Firstly, WELL DONE ON 15 WEEKS...let's look at the positive here ;-) That in itself says a lot.

I think you have had enough comments, etc....which have been brill and definitely food for thought for you (so to speak)!
All I would say is,,,take the opportunity to understand your food demons...LT helps you to not eat, but the big test is when you do (I know, cause I am refeeding). I used the time on LT to try and understand myself and why I comfort ate...a I didnt want to ever go down that route again....so, if anything, learn from what happened...take positives.

And, glad you are back on track....I am sure this will make you ever more determined than ever to get to goal!!

take care

Back