Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Oops. You and me both Tracey! I'm currently scoffing a bag of peanut brittle from the box my American friend sent over. Why do we do it?! Soo looking forward to my fast day tomorrow and I will stick to it. You'll manage your 100% day too :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We are so bold. I'm making up for it today and tomorrow. I know it's not advised to have no HexB but I'll get plenty of fibre from the fruit and veg I'll be cosuming. I'm having enough of it to grow my own garden in my tummy! haha. Let's do this love :eek:
I couldn't have resisted those sweeties either!
I've had a shocking weekend at the army navy rugby lol. It's done!

That prawn festival sounds awesome!

How many sync are those choc muller puds?

Ooh, sounds fun! Good weekend? I know I asked this before but where is your food diary? Maybe I didn't have enough posts last time to view it. There was definitley some reason.

I have no idea what syns are in the desserts (I was a wild one last night) but they're advertised in the magazine and theyre 99 calories like many Muller Light yoghurts so I'm guessing they're low, or dare I say - free? I doubt it! I got the chocolate one an it was yummy. Tasted exactly like the chocolate part of a Rolo yoghurt. have you had those? I am dying to try the fudge one now. I'm wondering if half and half would = the same flavour as a Rolo yoghurt? ;) This would be quite exciting!

What's for dinner tonight?

I am a carb-free sulker today! haha

Fab weekend thank you. Completely off the scale but so much fun!

My diary is in the silver section. 'Diary of a wine lush' or tap on my photo and then all posts started by me ;-)

I'm off to tescos later will look out for those choc puds ;-)

Randomly I'm meeting my fella at the pub by the ferry terminal on our motorbikes as he's riding down to Plymouth today and I won't see him for a while. Dinner will be .....

A PINT OF PRAWNS! :) :)

Fab weekend thank you. Completely off the scale but so much fun!

My diary is in the silver section. 'Diary of a wine lush' or tap on my photo and then all posts started by me ;-)

I'm off to tescos later will look out for those choc puds ;-)

Randomly I'm meeting my fella at the pub by the ferry terminal on our motorbikes as he's riding down to Plymouth today and I won't see him for a while. Dinner will be .....

A PINT OF PRAWNS! :) :)

haha love it, sounds like a lovely dinner ;) I loooove prawns!

Oh how cool, you drive a motorbike??

They do the most stinky home made mayo with it too!

Yes we have three sports bike. Would love to come and watch the irish road racing but it costs a fortune!

I seen those yogurts being talked about on a SW facebook group, can't remember the syn value without looking back on the page but I'm sure they were 4 or 5 xx

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with Joanne it looks like they're 5 syns each.

Yeah I agree with Joanne it looks like they're 5 syns each.

Thanks love, I wouldn't be surprised. To be honest I wouldn't get them again if they're 5 syns. I'd rather a Toffee Muller Light for free and some actual chocolate.

Speaking of which, I am craving chocolate so badly today!

Sooooo tired. This is me, right now on the bus home from work, hiding behind my glasses (there is no sun out)

image-3130387030.jpg

I really don't know why I'm so exhausted today. I also really have been craving chocolate all day. I'm trying to decide whether or not to have some. I'll only be at an m&s so it would have to be something there. Maybe I'll see a treat size bar. Then again I'm in the kind of mood where none would be enough so maybe I should just forget it and keep the syns low again today.

Here is how yesterday's food looked..

Breakfast - muller light and a grapefruit

Lunch - big salad with salad leaves, grated carrot, radish, tomatoes, beetroot, spring onion, chicken, hexb feta cheese, chicken pieces, red peppers and half tablespoon of low fat dressing (.5) and a banana

Snack - m&s sushi snack pack (2) and a cup of tea with skimmed milk (1) little fruit salad from m&s

Dinner - very late as we had a guy over fixing out washing machine. I was staaarving.

Homemade burger made with seasoning, worchester sauce and 1 tablespoon ketchup (1) served with huge salad (loads of superfrer) bacon, frylight egg, grilled halloumi 30g (4) and some BBQ sauce (1)

image-1833354786.jpg

Snack - muller greek style yoghurt

Hexa - 40g feta cheese
HexB - none - purposely

Syns - 8.5/15

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 20g muesli, 1 alpen light and a some grapes

Lunch - salad with radish, tomato, beetroot, spring onion, salad, chicken, feta cheese (hexB) and 2 tablespoon of low fat salad dressing (.5) banana and a kiwi

Dinner - slimmers curry sauce (1) with quorn, peppers, green beans, mushrooms, and peas on a bed of spinach (random i know but wanted to avoid the carbs)

Snack - some super wholegrain salad from m&s that i have no idea how many syns are in, some three bean salad that I also have no idea how many syns are in. Low fat greek yoghurt with honey (2.5) 20g muesli (3) and a packet of velvet crunch (4)

image-445079145.jpg

- instead of chocolate to sate the sweet craving and it really worked. So gorgeous!

I'm going to guess the salads from m&s are about 5 combined. I had half of each and theyre very small and super healthy!

image-576842808.jpg

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 40g Muesli with skimmed milk and some grapes

Lunch - 1 WM bread (3) with tomatoes, peopers, spring onion, turkey, pickles and HexB cheese

Snack - 1/2 a grapefruit and a mugshot

Dinner - huge salad with spinach leaves, salad leaves, halloumi (3) 2 fish fingers (6) 1 tablespoon of low fat salad dressing (.5) the rest of the m&s bean salad and the nutty super wholefood m&s salad (5 to account for oil?)

Came home from Zumba and stupidly munched on chese (5) yoghurt

HexA - 30g cheese
HexB - 40g Muesli

Syns - 22ish.

I felt really good about that day before the cheese mishap. I just wasn't thinking!

image-2330054010.jpg

My lunch

image-2691117892.jpg

My dinner

I weighed in today and it said i was down half a pound, then I weighed in 5 mins later and i was up 4 pounds. So yes, my scales is on drugs!! I clearly can't rely on it. I'll do a pharmacy weigh-in some day next week to get a proper idea but right now i'll take the 1 pound because I feel good and i genuinely feel like i've lost 7 pounds in total since I started my challenge a month ago!

Random picture of me before I left for Zumba

image-17968904.jpg

Man I love Zumba!!

This is really frustrating but I cannot seem to get an accurate reading of my current weight. Last week I was 14 stone 9lb and today I was the same, then lower, then 4 pounds HIGHER! Then I weighed in at lunch time in a pharmacy and I was 14 stone 13lb which can't be right. I feel and look like I have lost 6/7 pounds. It is really frustrating because it's making me wonder about Slimming World Scales too. Surely they can be wrong sometimes! Is it possible for your weight to fluctuate by 5 pounds in the space of 3 hours? how strange! Also my scales is clearly weird as it gives me different weights depending on where I place it in the bathroom. Anyone else had this issue? I just want to know my weight god dammit!

I feel like things are going slow for me weightloss-wise. I think I am good during the week (minus a few bad choices) but at the weekend I go a bit too crazy and then spend the week catching up. There is no real chance for optimum weightloss if you get me. It's more of a maintainers diet. I think I need to be way stricter at the weekend and not relax so much. I've pretty much made up my mind about that. I need to be more careful about syns too, and really check things thoroughly. I miss the app and website! I'll have access to them again when I re-join Slimming World which is likely to be mid-June when I shift the holiday weight I will inevitably gain.

I don't want to be just barely losing each week. I want to progress as much as I can. Here are some things I can change :

-> Always measure Healthy Extras. I have gotten a bit relaxed about cheese.
-> Stop eating late if it can be helped at all
-> Don't guess syns
-> Have wholemeal pasta and rice etc to increase fibre and general health
-> Use less salt

I am being very good in general though. I think so anyway! I just really want a good loss next week so I need to be really careful for the next 5 days, There is no excuse to eat bad this weekend. Even if we eat out I'll make good choices. I am also going to go for a walk on Saturday morning to get some exercise in.

Does anyone have any opinions on Aspartame? Lately I am very anti fat-free yoghurts like Muller Lights. I am obsessed with yoghurts at the moment and seem to be constantly craving them and am less interested in the more runny watery Muller Light type yoghurts. I'd rather give a syn or two to a thicker more natural yoghurt!

Speaking of which, I had an amazing Glenisk Low Fat Yoghurt today! It was the one with Blueberries. Yum! I crave that kind of smooth creamy sweetness far more than chocolate or sweets.

Today's Food Diary---

Breakfast - Alpen Light bar (3), banana and handful of grapes

lunch - 2 WM bread with HexA cheese (not measured but think it was about 30g) turkey, spring onion, green peppers, tomato, gherkins and spinach leaves. A Glenisk low fat greek style yoghurt (it's 125g and says low fat so does this mean it's about 1.5 syns? going by the book that says its 1 syn for 100g low fat yoghurt I would think that but if anyone could check the syns that would be great) packet of popcorn (6,5) and a Special K bar (5) I crumpled this in to my yoghurt and it was gorgeous.

So that's my 15 syns gone already and I still have to eat out for dinner (which will involve wine).

I definitely didn't need the popcorn but it was sunny out and I stopped at the shop and just fancied something to nibble.

I'm going for dinner tonight with a colleague to celebrate the (near) end of a very long and stressful work week. All of the courses in the college start this week so we do our normal 9-5.30 day and then go to the registration evenings in the city centre college till about 7.30 so it's a long and very busy day and it's been like that all week. We (I) got a groupon deal which was €39 for two three-course meals and a glass of wine each. How good is that? €18 each! The main is a 10Oz steak so i hope to have steak and salad for dinner. I will make a good salady type choice for starters too and I will judge dessert accordingly. Either way it will be way over my syns and means I have to be extra good tomorrow.

For tomorrow I'm planning to have about 7/8 syns, muesli for breakfast, and a big salad for lunch. Only snacking on fruit in between, and of course my herbal teas. NEED to have a good weekend and be on my best behaviour. Alcohol will be consumed 1 or 2 night (one night may or may not go ahead) so my food NEEDS to be really spot on!

x

Hey lovely,

Scales are very strange creatures - I don't think I will ever understand them! Mine are up and down like a yoyo - I try to only let myself get on them once a day or else I drive myself completely nuts! I can't imagine what I'd be like if I went to group and had two sets to contend with! If you're feeling slimmer, that really is the main thing. Are you taking measurements too? Especially if you're exercising, you'll definitely have weeks where you don't lose pounds, but do lose centimetres/inches, so it's a great way to keep motivated. When I look back at my measurements when I started, it's totally shocking!

I totally agree that it's hard to stay on track at the weekends. The period between Christmas and March I pretty much maintained for the same reason - I could stick to plan during the week, but I had so much on at weekends that I couldn't/wouldn't say no to, that I couldn't actually shift any weight. It's not easy to make the decision to be stricter - and you, like me, will have some friends who really pile on the pressure for you to drink/eat the wrong food etc. But if you have a time frame in mind to get to target, then I guess you have to make hard decisions. It definitely sounds like your head is in the right place so I'm absolutely sure that you can get some fab losses over the next few weeks.

Sounds like work is crazy this week! It's lovely you can go out tonight and celebrate the fact that it's almost Friday! Have a fab night. xx

Hey hun I'll read your post more thoroughly in a mo but quickly wanted to comment re relaxing at weekends. I found that unfortunately if you want to consistently lose you need to be 100% at least 90%-100% of the time. Being strict in the week and having the weekend off (to an extent) is a fantastic way to maintain, but in my case, I only lost the weight by staying with syns and HEXs everyday. It can be hard sometimes but it's totally worth it in the end. I did notice that you don't syn booze. I really recommend that you do even if you hardly drink as those syns add up a lot quicker than you think and they are empty calories. I used to drink a glass of wine almost daily and I think that cutting this out had a big effect on my weightloss. I gained loads of weight at uni and as soon as I left I lost a stone without even trying and that was down to not drinking as much.

Re the scales, I've had to return 2 pairs for the exact same reason and in the end went for a manual pair. They aren't accurate to the half pound but they will give you an accurate reading. If you want to stick to electronic scales leave them in the same place and don't move them around. I also fluctuate throughout the day so only weigh first thing in the morning as I can gain 4/5 lbs by the evening.

Hope this helps hun xx

Back