Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

It does sound intense so well done for sticking with it. Are you planning to do this diet until you've got to target or is it just to kick start the weight loss? Good luck with it hun!

It does sound intense so well done for sticking with it. Are you planning to do this diet until you've got to target or is it just to kick start the weight loss? Good luck with it hun!

Not forever but definitely for the next 6 months till I get to target. It's getting easier. I'm going to start posting food diaries from tomorrow onwards xx

A day in the life on my new diet...

For anyone who is interested :D

I am getting used to it. Still not 'loving' it but it has to be done. I didn't have the self control for SW but I definitely will in a couple of months when I hit my target.

Yesterday's food, just as an example of what this diet is like. I have been doing it for 9 days now and it looks like I have lost nothing. Disheartening considering how little I am eating but I have done weight-lifting 6 times, and 4 zumba classes so I think my body might be reacting to the exercise and muscle gain. I suspect that for my 1 month weigh-in I will have a good loss. Kind of like Honey, it's good to get a better picture after a month.

So here we are, yesterday's eatables.

Breakfast - half a bowl of low fat greek yoghurt with chopped hazelnuts and blueberries (the odd day I have a teeny drizzle of honey too)
Snack - about midday I have a piece of fruit like a Mango, apple or pear
Lunch - some sort of salad with tomatoes, radish, spring onion, peppers, salad leaves and some sort of protein like chicken/fish and then dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
cup of tea with low fat milk
Snack when I get in from work - about 10 almonds
Dinner - Some sort of protein like chicken/turkey/pork/fish/eggs with veg either stirfried in coconut oil/olive oil or oven roasted with olive oil, or with salad depending on what I have
cup of tea

And that's it. What do you think? I miss my treats big time. Bit paranoid about the nuts, oil and yoghurt but apparently its OK considering I am eating no carbs, sugar or 'bad fats'.

Time will tell. I do this every day and then I do weights/resistance training 3 times a week and Zumba twice.

A day in the life on my new diet...

For anyone who is interested :D

I am getting used to it. Still not 'loving' it but it has to be done. I didn't have the self control for SW but I definitely will in a couple of months when I hit my target.

Yesterday's food, just as an example of what this diet is like. I have been doing it for 9 days now and it looks like I have lost nothing. Disheartening considering how little I am eating but I have done weight-lifting 6 times, and 4 zumba classes so I think my body might be reacting to the exercise and muscle gain. I suspect that for my 1 month weigh-in I will have a good loss. Kind of like Honey, it's good to get a better picture after a month.

So here we are, yesterday's eatables.

Breakfast - half a bowl of low fat greek yoghurt with chopped hazelnuts and blueberries (the odd day I have a teeny drizzle of honey too)
Snack - about midday I have a piece of fruit like a Mango, apple or pear
Lunch - some sort of salad with tomatoes, radish, spring onion, peppers, salad leaves and some sort of protein like chicken/fish and then dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
cup of tea with low fat milk
Snack when I get in from work - about 10 almonds
Dinner - Some sort of protein like chicken/turkey/pork/fish/eggs with veg either stirfried in coconut oil/olive oil or oven roasted with olive oil, or with salad depending on what I have
cup of tea

And that's it. What do you think? I miss my treats big time. Bit paranoid about the nuts, oil and yoghurt but apparently its OK considering I am eating no carbs, sugar or 'bad fats'.

Time will tell. I do this every day and then I do weights/resistance training 3 times a week and Zumba twice.

Wow quite strict how are you feeling though?? X

It's very Atkins stylee. You are eating carbs, you're just doing low carb and unprocessed. It worked for me but ran expensive. I got complacent too.

Well done on sticking with it. Have you has a weigh in yet?

It's very Atkins stylee. You are eating carbs, you're just doing low carb and unprocessed. It worked for me but ran expensive. I got complacent too.

Well done on sticking with it. Have you has a weigh in yet?

Thanks hun! I'm having no carbs at all. You just referring to the carbs in vegetables or what?

I had a weigh in today and lost 3 pounds. I hoped for more but it'll catch up!

Thanks :) yes i find it expensive too. So much meat to be bought!

Thanks hun! I'm having no carbs at all. You just referring to the carbs in vegetables or what?

I had a weigh in today and lost 3 pounds. I hoped for more but it'll catch up!

Thanks :) yes i find it expensive too. So much meat to be bought!

Yup just the few grams of good clean non starchy carbs in veg ;-)

Well done!

Hi tracey, would you think about making some paleo style bread or would that not be allowed either?I can get you recipe if it would help x

Aw Tracey, must be a shock! Don't be paranoid about fats (nuts, olive oil) those aren't really what got us fat in the first place. It's all the sugars, desserts and sweet treats that did it! So with that in mind you're doing the perfect plan. I'm sure it's a bit disheartening when you think about the things you can't have but I'd suggest focusing on what you can have and do all you can to yummify them! Like you said, you do get used to it. Are you following the Paleo diet? There are TONS of YouTube videos on it showcasing people's experiences, before & after pics etc. very inspirational! Good luck hun, and WELL DONE. It's hard work but when you reach your goal you and only you would get to enjoy the credit and rewards of your sacrifices. You can do it, you WILL do it! Just imagine yourself at goal looking hotter than ever, so exciting!!!

Hi tracey, would you think about making some paleo style bread or would that not be allowed either?I can get you recipe if it would help x
It depends what the ingredients are hun. Is there flour of any sort in it? Thanks for thinking of me :)

Aw Tracey, must be a shock! Don't be paranoid about fats (nuts, olive oil) those aren't really what got us fat in the first place. It's all the sugars, desserts and sweet treats that did it! So with that in mind you're doing the perfect plan. I'm sure it's a bit disheartening when you think about the things you can't have but I'd suggest focusing on what you can have and do all you can to yummify them! Like you said, you do get used to it. Are you following the Paleo diet? There are TONS of YouTube videos on it showcasing people's experiences, before & after pics etc. very inspirational! Good luck hun, and WELL DONE. It's hard work but when you reach your goal you and only you would get to enjoy the credit and rewards of your sacrifices. You can do it, you WILL do it! Just imagine yourself at goal looking hotter than ever, so exciting!!!

Thanks for your lovely words! It is really tough but the hardest part of all is not seeing results. I know I'm only 3 weeks in but 3 bloomin pounds is really shocking after that length of time on such a strict plan. I am really not enjoying it for the most part. I would enjoy it 10 times more if I was seeing results, but I feel I am not. It's really getting to me.

I'm trying to make things as exciting as possible and it's helping, but overall I am feeling pretty low about the whole thing. I know the grass is always greener and all that, but right now I would love to just be properly sticking to Slimming World and I feel I could really do it now. Oh I just don't know.

Keep your chin up... It's horrible I totally feel for you cause I'm not seeing results at the moment and its getting me down. But let's keep to it and insure the weight will fly off!! Xx

Keep your chin up... It's horrible I totally feel for you cause I'm not seeing results at the moment and its getting me down. But let's keep to it and insure the weight will fly off!! Xx

Thanks hun, appreciate the nice words. What plan are you following? I hope you see results really soon :)

Good Evening Guys,

I have news!

Slimming World, I'm back!!!

Good luck hun! I have my fingers and toes crossed that it works for you this time. Are you going to go to classes? Xx

Good luck hun! I have my fingers and toes crossed that it works for you this time. Are you going to go to classes? Xx

Thanks hun, I appreciate the kind words.

Yes I am going full throttle and re-joining my class on Monday. I really need the weekly weigh-in and the support of a class. It used to really keep me motivated.

The only time I ever really made progress in Slimming World was when I originally joined about 2 years ago. I was on fire. I didn't do anything strange, I just stuck to it by the book and I really enjoyed it. I need to get back to that place. No guessing or tweaking, just sticking to it and being prepared. I am actually really looking forward to it. Roll on Monday :)

Hello Hello!

Re-joined Slimming World girl here, at your service. I am excited.

I'm re-joining tonight and I am looking at it as a fresh start, not bothering to keep the other pounds on my account. I just want to start fresh and see what I can accomplish from here. Either way I have lost about a stone overall, which is not a lot considering it has been a few years of yo yo'ing. But at the end of the day had I not been even yo yo'ing I would probably be about 2 stone HEAVIER now, so I can't really forget that. It is a good thing after all.

I really am looking forward to re-joining. I'm a little bit nervous but that's to be expected. I really can't wait to look forward to Monday evenings like I used to. It kept me focused and on-track and I genuinely looked forward to weigh-ins. Bring it on!

My holiday is in 5.5 weeks and I could accomplish so much by then. I'll miss one class in 4 weeks as I'll be in London but other than that I should achieve a big loss over the next 5.5 weeks. I am hoping for about a stone. That would be really great!

I shall start as I mean to go on and do today's food diary. Here goes :D

Breakfast - 28g Tesco Fruit and Fibre
Lunch - 2 Original Ryvita (3) with 1 blue cheese laughing cow light (1/2 HexA) and a hot smoked Salmon fillet from Lidl (these are lovely but I feel I have OD'd on them recently. A Liberte 0% Greek Style yoghurt (1) Has anyone tried these? Really lovely. Packet of salt and vinegar velvet crunch (4)
Dinner - Beef curry made with mushrooms, onion, peppers, beef chunks (don't know how I feel about this) and a 'Slimmers Curry' that is 3 syns for the whole pot so I will have half and share with OH (1.5) served with rice, preferrably brown. This will be after weigh-in.

HexA - 1 laughing cow light and 200ml of Semi Skimmed Milk in tea.
HexB - 28g Tesco Fruit and Fibre

Snacks - 125 ml of low fat milk for two cups of tea (3)

Syns - 12.5/15 and that's how the day will be staying. I'll have a herbal tea before bed, and dinner will be late enough after Slimming World Group (about 9.30pm) so I won't want to snack on anything.

I forgot how much I loved Slimming World. I am feeling so determined!

I will update my stats later. I don't know what to expect. I had a relaxed weekend so I just hope it's under the 15 stone mark. I'd be delighted if it was about 15 '11 but we will see. Either way I am moving on and finally doing this for real.

Have a great day everyone. We're nearly there! Can't wait to cross stinky Monday off the list :eek:

Back