Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Thursday already, whew this week is flying in.

Visited my nanna as planned yesterday but I stayed later than expected. I ended up having some roast chicken and about 2 syns worth of pasta bake (literally a handful) so I decided not to have the bun with my burger. Overall I would have still been in or around the 15 mark as far as syns go. Maybe I should start looking at reducing them during the week to give me a boost... what do you guys think? Does it make a difference to you whether you have 5 or 15?

So this is where it all goes a bit pear-shaped. I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight and it will be impossible to stay totally on plan, then tomorrow night my brothers are staying over and that'll be much the same. Saturday is cinema and Nandos and Sunday is a 'normal' day with a 4 hour Zumba workshop so not a problem on this day. I'm thinking that if I just endeavour to make the best choices that I can make and not have a 'treat' attitude then I should be OK because I'll be running tomorrow and Saturday (to make up for Sunday's run as I'll be at Zumba) and then 4 hours of sweaty Zumba on Sunday. So here is my plan, and it's not exactly Slimming World but it is a plan to limit the damage, and having a plan will help me lots. Usually I would have a 'feck it' attitude, and have what I want. Not now though!

Today - I should have about 10 syns to play with tonight! I will get a 'nice' starter of what I fancy, such as chicken wings, but for my main I will get something with lots of superfree whether it's salad or something with lots of veg. I'll drink plenty of water and NO DESSERT. We are going for 1 or two drinks after so I will have vodka and diet mixer.

Tomorrow (Friday) - Low syn day throughout the day (under 5) and we will get a take away so I will have chicken or beef with blackbean sauce and boiled rice or singapore noodles. Both are about 8 syns.
In terms of 'treats' that night I will have a cool pop and a packet of popcorn. All in all this day should not exceed 20 syns and I will have also done my run and will get lots of superfree in during the day (already planning my lovely veggie-filled toasty for lunch and lots of fruit for breakfast and with lunch/before my run).
Saturday - I'll use my HexA and HexB in the morning with a nice filling breakfast/brunch with super free like mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans etc and I will do some cooking to prepare meals for Sunday evening and Monday in work (Enchiladas, mmm) and a curry, mmm.
Sunday - Zumba workshop so breakfast before I leave (HexB and fruit) and probably something to eat while I am out but will make the best possible choice for sure.

There we have it, a plan of sorts. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm getting on! I was about 15 stone 7lb last weekend after my bday which is awful so I am hoping to be closer to 15 stone 2 by the morning. I can't wait to get under 15 again and that's when I'll be really making progress.

Not letting myself get down over how I am basically where I was two years ago, because I am doing something and that's the main thing!

Off to get my work done xxx

Hey gorgeous! That's one heck of a post and sounds like a really good plan!

Really hope you have a better day. And I'm here if you want to have a chat xxxxxx

Thursday already, whew this week is flying in.

Visited my nanna as planned yesterday but I stayed later than expected. I ended up having some roast chicken and about 2 syns worth of pasta bake (literally a handful) so I decided not to have the bun with my burger. Overall I would have still been in or around the 15 mark as far as syns go. Maybe I should start looking at reducing them during the week to give me a boost... what do you guys think? Does it make a difference to you whether you have 5 or 15?

So this is where it all goes a bit pear-shaped. I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight and it will be impossible to stay totally on plan, then tomorrow night my brothers are staying over and that'll be much the same. Saturday is cinema and Nandos and Sunday is a 'normal' day with a 4 hour Zumba workshop so not a problem on this day. I'm thinking that if I just endeavour to make the best choices that I can make and not have a 'treat' attitude then I should be OK because I'll be running tomorrow and Saturday (to make up for Sunday's run as I'll be at Zumba) and then 4 hours of sweaty Zumba on Sunday. So here is my plan, and it's not exactly Slimming World but it is a plan to limit the damage, and having a plan will help me lots. Usually I would have a 'feck it' attitude, and have what I want. Not now though!

Today - I should have about 10 syns to play with tonight! I will get a 'nice' starter of what I fancy, such as chicken wings, but for my main I will get something with lots of superfree whether it's salad or something with lots of veg. I'll drink plenty of water and NO DESSERT. We are going for 1 or two drinks after so I will have vodka and diet mixer.

Tomorrow (Friday) - Low syn day throughout the day (under 5) and we will get a take away so I will have chicken or beef with blackbean sauce and boiled rice or singapore noodles. Both are about 8 syns.
In terms of 'treats' that night I will have a cool pop and a packet of popcorn. All in all this day should not exceed 20 syns and I will have also done my run and will get lots of superfree in during the day (already planning my lovely veggie-filled toasty for lunch and lots of fruit for breakfast and with lunch/before my run).
Saturday - I'll use my HexA and HexB in the morning with a nice filling breakfast/brunch with super free like mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans etc and I will do some cooking to prepare meals for Sunday evening and Monday in work (Enchiladas, mmm) and a curry, mmm.
Sunday - Zumba workshop so breakfast before I leave (HexB and fruit) and probably something to eat while I am out but will make the best possible choice for sure.

There we have it, a plan of sorts. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm getting on! I was about 15 stone 7lb last weekend after my bday which is awful so I am hoping to be closer to 15 stone 2 by the morning. I can't wait to get under 15 again and that's when I'll be really making progress.

Not letting myself get down over how I am basically where I was two years ago, because I am doing something and that's the main thing!

Off to get my work done xxx

Just to save yoy some syns, black bean with boiled rice is only 5 xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Friday at LAST. What a busy day! What a busy week in fact. Really happy to be off now for the next couple of days. I won't even be referencing Monday till, well - Monday :D

Last night didn't exactly go to plan. Well I ordered chicken wings as planned, but then I ordered garlic chicken for main which was pretty much breaded SF chicken with garlic butter, served with salad and potato gratin. SO fattening. I didn't finishing it but I made a pretty impressive dent in it. Bad Decision and a perfect example of me having a plan and then not caring at all and putting it to the back of my head once I'm there and carefree be it at a party, restaurant, bar, holiday, etc. Will I ever learn?

Getting a chinese tonight but it will definitely be a low syn option, then I'll have some popcorn and an option hot chocolate tonight, no chocolate of jellies or anything.

Tomorrow will be fine because we'll have a healthy breakfast and then Wagamama for dinner, possible some diet coke and popcorn in cinema then but no chocolate or sweets for me!

Sunday is Zumba day.

Between my running and Zumba I'm hoping this weekend balances itself out. Would like to get to a point where regular exercise gives me a little bit of lee-way. I'd love to find a balance.

Off I go, bye bye office!
:p

Here to subscribe :)

I struggle at weekends and always go off plan .... I hope I can eventually get into the swing of it at the weekend but I'm also doing things I can't refuse :p

Your weekend sounds lovely honey, have a good one :D

I am leaving the office in 25 mins!

xxxx

Here to subscribe :)

I struggle at weekends and always go off plan .... I hope I can eventually get into the swing of it at the weekend but I'm also doing things I can't refuse :p

Your weekend sounds lovely honey, have a good one :D

I am leaving the office in 25 mins!

xxxx

Welcome :D

Weekends are such a struggle aren't they? I had yet another awful one! Wish I had more self control. Something needs to change because I am getting nowhere!

I'll pop over to your diary now too ;)

Another week ahead, *sigh*

T x

Hey gorgeous lady, how was your weekend? xx

Hey Sweetie! Ugh, complete and utter WRITE OFF. Major regrets now and feeling really disappointed in myself, as usual :cry:

Will it ever change?

Feeling really low about it all now to be honest!

How was yours babe? :eek: Was the girly sleepover fun?

CONFESSION TIME!!!!

Will I EVER learn? Another weekend where I had excellent plans and went the complete opposite way! I was an absolute pig and I feel really crap about it now.

I'm writing this for accountability but I know that 90% of it was comfort eating and this is something I need to deal with. It's out of control at this point. I had a really tough and emotional week and as soon as the weekend arrived I wanted to let loose and let my hair down. But it was binge-eating. Think walking home from the shopping centre with a double-cheeseburger in my hand (and running in to someone who I know and who knows I'm trying to lose weight and feeling mortified) think eating sweets, think ordering chips in Nandos when I NEVER do that. Think WHITE bread and toast before bed, with more white bread. Think chocolate and absolute crap from start to finish. Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish.

I didn't do either of my runs either. It was a complete blow out and I feel full of regrets now, like I always do. But will it make a difference? I am bloody over 15 stone!! I cannot afford to stay at this weight and pretend everything is OK. It's so easy to put it to the back of your mind, especially when you have someone that loves you no matter what way you look. I need to do it for me though, and for my health.

So what now? Weekends need to be on plan now, there are no two ways about it! If I'm having a take away I need to save syns in the lead up to it. Nothing un-planned. I need to have a plan and just stick to it. It's as simple as that!

I weighed myself this morning and I was 15 stone 4lb but that was before breakfast. My aim is to get back down to being as close as possible to 15 stone by this time next week. Today is a bit of a write-off because the weekend slipped in to today and I had white toast for breakfast, a fattening cereal bar and my lunch is definitely not on plan (Tesco Spinach and Ricotta Canneloni). So I will start a-fresh after work and I will get back on track straight away!

I'm feeling really shi**y because this is just the same old story and I'm getting nowhere. I don't enjoy the classes (the one I can go to that is) so I need to be able to do it on my own.

No point dragging this out and having a pity party. Moving on...

I don't care what time it is, I'll be going out for a run after work, and I'll be having something healthy for dinner. Operation detox...

I did a couple of hours of Zumba yesterday, so at least that's something. Think I'll go our for a walk on my lunch break too because it really does all add up.

Hope this is where I turn things around. It's becoming a joke! :(

Aww honey! Try not to beat yourself up! I felt exactly like that last Monday but managing to stay on-track this weekend has made me feel like I've turned a corner so I'm sure all you need is a good weekend and you'll feel the same.

Come up with some nice food plans for the week and you'll be back in the zone xxx

Aww honey! Try not to beat yourself up! I felt exactly like that last Monday but managing to stay on-track this weekend has made me feel like I've turned a corner so I'm sure all you need is a good weekend and you'll feel the same.

Come up with some nice food plans for the week and you'll be back in the zone xxx

I know I know, but there comes a point where somethings got to give. I am literally making no progress whatsoever at the moment. It's pointless, and I'm one of the biggest around here. It just really gets me down because I know I only have myself to blame.

I need to have a good long think about what I need to change. I definitely treat myself too often!

Thanks for your support, as always it means a lot x

Just read your second post and I totally know where you're coming from. I feel like every time I've managed a few good weeks and got closer to target, I've then allowed myself a weekend off plan for something (instead of creating a plan where I could manage my syns instead of going crazy!!), which then became a week or a fortnight. And once I'm in that 'off plan' mentality, I literally don't stop eating! It's ridiculous!

I'd love to say I think I've crossed that bridge now, but I don't think it's quite that easy! I have had a bit of a reality check though, looking back through my diary, I've been around 10st for soooooooo long it's silly. I need to make this work and stop making my journey longer. I'm guessing you feel the same?

This place is so fab as nobody judges you when you slink back in after a naughty weekend, but I don't want to have naughty weekends any more - I want to be strong enough to be good!

Shall we have a pact to have a 100% 7 days? (I know you're starting tomorrow) - Jessy is doing it too so we can be in it together xx

Just read your second post and I totally know where you're coming from. I feel like every time I've managed a few good weeks and got closer to target, I've then allowed myself a weekend off plan for something (instead of creating a plan where I could manage my syns instead of going crazy!!), which then became a week or a fortnight. And once I'm in that 'off plan' mentality, I literally don't stop eating! It's ridiculous!

I'd love to say I think I've crossed that bridge now, but I don't think it's quite that easy! I have had a bit of a reality check though, looking back through my diary, I've been around 10st for soooooooo long it's silly. I need to make this work and stop making my journey longer. I'm guessing you feel the same?

This place is so fab as nobody judges you when you slink back in after a naughty weekend, but I don't want to have naughty weekends any more - I want to be strong enough to be good!

Shall we have a pact to have a 100% 7 days? (I know you're starting tomorrow) - Jessy is doing it too so we can be in it together xx

I really like that plan so YES count me in! :p From tomorrow I will be 100% on-plan. I need to practice that 'no' word more. I really hope I can just be strong and not give in to temptation!

Imagine being at 15 stone for so long? I've literally made no progress in 2 years! It is SO depressing. I just keep thinking that at least I am not heavier... My yo yoing has at least helped me maintain in two years so that's something. The thoughts of being more... Really hoping I can make a big life change between now and Christmas, it will change my life if I do.

Thanks so much for the support, it really means so much to me. I am going to make a plan now for the week and a shopping list! The weekends are my big downfalls... need to just syn everything and not treat myself so much. It's like I'm not willing to say no and go without, which is so stupid because that's what weightloss is all about!

x

We will do this :D 7 day 100% - tough but achievable
Looks like we all have a stone barrier, I want to get under the elusive 11st. Btw my sister in law has similar stats to you and has lost 3st so you can definitely do it :D

I know how you feel honey, EVERY weekend I go off plan and drink booze eat takeaways and cake and do no exercise :/ i'm lucky that it doesn't usually put weight on me, but I think that is also because I lose so slowly too. It feels like I work hard all week to ruin it at the weekend, and the fact that I weigh in on a Friday doesn't help with me snacking over the weekend! However a lifestyle change does mean a few treats can't harm, but i'm starting to think there is plenty of time for treats once i lose the blooming weight!

You are not alone and you can do it :D If we can prove to ourselves that we can this week, then why not every week

xxxx

You're so right about mainitaining - that's a really good thing. I think a lot of us spent a lot of years in denial, gradually gaining more and more weight. You've stopped that now, which is fab. It might not be where you want to be, but it's a great start. I've got 11 more WIs til Christmas - I'm guessing you're the same? At 1lb a week that's almost a stone off by Christms, which would be amazing for you, wouldn't it? You can totally do this honey, we all believe in you xx

Hi :) here to subscribe! I am also aiming for a pound a week up to Christmas. Heres hoping we can all support each other to get there :D

Nic
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You're so right about mainitaining - that's a really good thing. I think a lot of us spent a lot of years in denial, gradually gaining more and more weight. You've stopped that now, which is fab. It might not be where you want to be, but it's a great start. I've got 11 more WIs til Christmas - I'm guessing you're the same? At 1lb a week that's almost a stone off by Christms, which would be amazing for you, wouldn't it? You can totally do this honey, we all believe in you xx

Hi :) here to subscribe! I am also aiming for a pound a week up to Christmas. Heres hoping we can all support each other to get there :D

Nic
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aw you girls are the greatest! So lovely to log on and see those encouraging words in front of me :D

I am determined to make a good dent in my weightloss before Christmas so this sounds great for me. I would be lying if I said that there won't be treats or meals out etc in the meantime but I would also be lying if I said I make good decisions at those times because I don't. There is always a way of planning for those ocassions or making better choices! I am promising myself that from this day forward I will make those choices.

Key things I need to do...

- Plan my meals for the week. Even 3/4 meals to give me some structure and focus
- Say NO to unplanned treats, sweets etc. They are NOT worth it.
- Weigh and measure my healthy extras.
- Stop being lazy with work lunches and have a plan every evening about what I am brining the next day.
- Don't let weekends ruin all the week's good work. Treats are fine but plan them, syn them, and keep them within reason.
- Do a weigh-in every Friday morning. Officially, and report it here.
- Exercise at least three times per week - i.e running, walking, Zumba, whatever.
- Don't comfort eat. Bad day = treats within syns. Need to make sure I have some that I can grab when I want them but won'y devour just because they are there.

Guys I have to do this for me. I'm sick of making promises to myself and then letting myself down. I want to be a healthy and confident person! I am genuinely OK/in denial most of the time, but when it gets me down it gets me REALLY down.

I found a picture of myself from years ago, when I was about 18, and I had lost 2 stone on Weight Watchers and I remember I was like 12 stone 13lb and it was the lowest I had EVER gotten. I felt so confident and happy. To think that I am now almost three stone heavier than that... eugh.

I'm using this photo as my inspiration to get there, finally, once and for bloody all!!

mE AS A CAT.JPG

Back