Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

How was your day yesterday Tracey? Happy Friday!! :D

Hi Book_lover, definitely try the curry, I can't tell you how gorgeous it was. You can do it with Green or Red Thai Curry paste.

Hi Joanne, I am literally just about to post about yesterday, it was another GREAT day thank God. Oh and happy Friday to you too! Any nice plans for the weekend ahead?

Happy Friday Everyone :rotflmao: anyone got any nice plans? For me it's visiting my nanny in hospital tonight followed by cooking dinner for the OH and my mam and stepdad. Tomorrow I am doing something fun during the day but I don't know what it is. OH has something planned but it's a surprise! I told him i wanted something to look forward to at the weekend because we had no plans and he said 'you just leave that to me' lol. So needless to say I am very much looking forward to that. I might get a take away on Saturday night. I will syn it of course. I'm thinking either beef with blackbean or a nice prawn chow mein because I am OBSESSED with prawns at the moment!

Yesterday was another great day, I am so delighted with myself. No pictures because I deleted them all by mistake, but it was nothing you guys haven't seen before. I was missing bread so have decided to use my HexB for two wholemeal bread instead of Porridge and it worked out great.

Breakfast - One slice of whole meal bread toasted with 1 laughing cow light (1/4 of HexA) a teaspoon of jam (1 syn, just to be sure. probably .5 though)
a banana and a muller light Rasberry flavoured yoghurt

Lunch - some of the red thai curry leftovers from the night before with some boiled rice (1.5). Smallish portion. We have no microwave in work YET so I had to eat it cold, but it was actually lovely and I mixed it all together and it was like a rice salad. with other slice of wholemeal nimble bread with 1 laughing cow light (1/4 HexA) two mandarin oranges.

Dinner - I had my course last night so I went back to that chinese and got beef with blackbean sauce with NO oil (because I am 'highly allergic' hehe) and lots of extravegetables like brocolli, peppers, carrots etc with boiled rice (5.5) I am happy to keep it at 5.5 syns because there was no oil in it and it was a normal portion with lots of veg. It definitely didn't taste oily. mmm it was SO tasty.

Snack : an apple, a muller light greek style lemon yoghurt (.5)
HexA - 2 laughing cow light and about 180 ml of skimmed milk in tea (sort of guestimated but I think its about right)
Syns used - 8.5

I was delighted with the way that day went. I also drank about 1.5 litres of water. After my course I was waiting for the bus and I really fancied a packet of crisps or something. It would have been about 4/5 syns for a low-calorie packet but I decided it would be better to leave it at that for the day and instead plan to have a packet tomorrow (today) that I could plan in advance. So I did just that, and I am very much looking forward to my 4 syn packet of Tayto Snacks :) Instead when I got home I had the muller light yoghurt and a handful of chicken which done the trick.

:D

It was divine book_lover! Do you ever get a take away?

Well hello everyone, sorry i was quiet yesterday. I ended up cooking the Thai Curry for my family last night and I fell asleep watching a film after and went straight to bed.

Yesterday looked like this :

Breakfast - 1 wm nimble bread with laughing cow light and teaspoon of jam (1) a banana and a muller lite strawberry yoghurt.

Lunch - sweet and sour snackpot (free) other slice of the wm nimble for my HexB with another laughing cow light.(1/2 A) two mandarin oranges, a hi fi light bar (3) and a packet of Snax baked crisps (4.5) it was Friday so bit of a treat with the snax.

Dinner - home made thai green curry (2 syn) with boiled rice and lots of veg in it including mange tout, green beans, mushroom, babycorn, onion and peppers. Chicken and prawns in it too. Dessert was a lemon muller lite greek style yoghurt (.5)

HexA- 2x laughing cow light and rest used up by skimmed milk in tea
HexB - 2 nimble wholemeal bread

Syns used = 10

Another great day was had :)

Today has been such a good day! Went to the zoo with my OH. He planned it as a surprise. Had a lovely big breakfast before we left, snacked on fruit walking around, had nandos for lunch and a late chinese dinner about 9ish. Ended up having about 9 syns too many but that is only because half a chicken wrap in Nandos was bloody 9.5 syns! The whole wrap is bloody 19 syns, crazy. I shouldnve known though because wraps are like 12 syns alone, then the chilli jam, then yoghurt mayo. It was a schoolboy (girl) error and i know it won't be happening again. The wrap is gorgeous but so is the butterfly chicken which is only 3.5 syns WITH the little bit of skin on it. I couldn't believe how low Nandos marinade was. Checked the app and its half a syn for a tablespoon. It's very exciting because OH bought me a Nandos marinating set as part of my birthday a few weeks ago. Its got an iven dish and two different nandos marinades and a marinade brush. Cant wait to spice up and liven up some chicken. So simple yet so tasty.

The great news is I discovered you can have an entire Nandos meal for 6.5 syns! Or 9 syns if you fancy having the pea, mint and chilli side dish instead of corn on the cob. Below you will see the Nandos meal for 6.5 syns. Butterfly chicken (3.5), spicy rice (3) and corn on the cob (0). I'm ao glad i know this.

image-3608656374.jpg

We had ordered the wrap before i checked the syns so there was no going back. We shared both so thats why i ended up going over my syns. Next time we will both get Butterfly chicken. To me Nandos is loooovely but i never feel full after it. The side portions such as spicy rice are very small. I find i am never that full after it. Hence chinese dinner 4 hours later! So anyway, here is how today ended up

Breakfast - 2 wm nimble toasted with butter (2) bacon, mushrooms, beans, egg with fry light, 2 tsp of golden syrup (1.5)

Snack - grapes, an orange, half a hi fi light bar (1.5).

Lunch - nandos - half a butterfly chicken (1.75), spicy rice (3) corn on the cob (0) half a chilli chicken wrap with pineapple (9.5 uuuugh)

Snack - muller lite greek style honeyed peach yoghurt, some more grapes

Dinner - prawn chow mein from chinese with good bit of mixed veg. At about 3/4 (6) a little white rice and soy sauce (0). Few
More grapes.

HexB - 2 wm nimble bread
HexA- 2 teas with milk, prob only half the allowance really..
Syns - 25 syns! I would have been bang on 15 more or less without the wrap. Oh well, thats how we learn right?

Does anybody have their full 15 syns? Normally i have about 9/10 when i am being 'good' but a lot of people, i am realising, have the full 15 syns! I am thinking about starting to have them all. The people who i spoke to (on minimins) have lots a lot of weight. One person has loft 7.5 stone ao far!! Just thinking it would make things easier and i could save a few syns some day and use them at the weekend for alcohol or treats. What are your thoughts? Goimg by 15 syns a day and the whole 'flexi syns' thing (saving a few syns a day to keep for a special ocassion or the weekend... Not always something that works for everyone or people agree with but from what i can see SW don't argue with it..) then whole i have gone over my syns by 10 today i am probably ok because over the past few days i have saved 4/5 syns per day. Thoughts??

All in all i feel good and i am glad to know such a low syn meal exists in a place like Nandos. Hope that helps people who struggle with eating-out ideas :) the wrap was a mishap but i will learn from it.

I had a LOT of grapes today. Is that bad? Lol!

Will aim to have under 10 syns tomorrow, just tp be sure. Weigh in is in 2 days eeeeek!

Goodnight everyone! Have had such a lovely day with my lovely OH so i am feeling very happy, and i feel very much on track and empowered! :) its just SO different this time. I will do this!

T x

Tracey what a gorgeous date, I love the zoo! I had a lovely day with my oh yesterday too, must be something in the air haha! I think syn wise you have done really well, it's only one day! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad you had a lovely day out! mmm not had Nandos in ages! xx

Sounds like you're doing really well and really into the diet. You really have to be positive for it to work and you definitely are! Glad you had a lovely weekend x

I tend to use my full 15 most days, sometimes I have less in order to save some up for the weekend or a treat :) I'm losing pretty steadily xx

Sounds like you're doing really well and really into the diet. You really have to be positive for it to work and you definitely are! Glad you had a lovely weekend x

Thanks hun, I am really 'in the zone', but really genuinely am if you get me. Many times I thought I was but now Im having to actually say no to things and really plan things out so that I don't ruin my good work. I am loving it and I just cannot wait to see results! Missed your food diary posting the past day or two. Come back :) Hopefully that means you were off enjoying yourself lovely!

I tend to use my full 15 most days, sometimes I have less in order to save some up for the weekend or a treat :) I'm losing pretty steadily xx
Thanks Gracie, that's great to hear. I think I will start doing the same. i will need to save some this week for the weekend, for sure. What do you normally use your syns on or does it vary? Well done on the great loss so far :)
Glad you had a lovely day out! mmm not had Nandos in ages! xx

It was gorgeous, and so crazy and amazing that the whole meal was 6.5 syns. I am delighted I now know this. Hooray!

Tracey what a gorgeous date, I love the zoo! I had a lovely day with my oh yesterday too, must be something in the air haha! I think syn wise you have done really well, it's only one day! Xx

*sings* LOVE IS IN THE AIR, haha! Aw the zoo was great hun. I was very proud of myself for munching on grapes throughout instead of bold food. I am glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you have recovered from the tummy bug! x

image-4160535025.jpg

OH was making the thai curry that i made last week and i just thought his saucepan looked so pretty with all the beautifully coloured vegetables. Butternut squash, mange touth, pak choi, peppers, mushroom, the works! It turned out great. I find cassaroles, lasagnes, currys etc are a great way for him to get lots of veg in to him. I am very proud of him :) he is a fabulous cook!

image-2536614017.jpg

Dinner last night. It was soooo good! Pizza topped chicken with ham, pineapple, mushroom, peppers, courgette and passata and made with 5 syns (25g) of cheddar cheese as i had already had my HExA. Served it with a big salad of mixed baby leaves, grilled courgette, peppers, mushrooms, a 'fried' egg done in fey light and drizzled with sweet chill sauce. An absolutely delicious meal for 6 syns but it could have been more or less free if the cheese was used as your HexA for that day. It was so yummy!

And just for fun...

image-3807623630.jpg

OH and I in the Zoo on Saturday, haha! Great day :)

Sounds great Tracey! Lovely pics- you and your OH look good together :D The thai green curry is on my menu for later this week- really looking forward to it. mmm pak choi, that's one of my fav veg but i haven't had it in ages. I make a lovely side dish which i normally do when i make a malaysian chicken curry (non-sw!) so may have a day off once day and make that- it's one of the tastiest meals i make! xx

Yesterday was another great day of staying on track and yet again i just still cannot believe how good I am being. I have my weigh in tonight and i will admit i am feeling very nervous... I have been so so good this week but i still have this fear that for whatever reason it won't have paid off. Like what if i ate TOO much fruit? I ate a lot of grapes this weekend tor example. Or, like, i haven't gone to the *ahem* toilet today and that could make a difference because ive had breakfast and lunch and thats, eh, 'in' my system still if you get me. Usually when i am good it pays off so hopefully this is just random anxiety! OH has also been so good so i hope he has a great loss. We both had massive gains last week when we rejoined after 8 weeks of atrocious weekends (like 12 pound gains... Ugh) so fingers crossed this is a chunk of it gone tonight.

Yesterdays food

Breakfast - an omlette made for me by OH. Had mushrooms, peppers and laughing cow light in it. Yummy! Also had two slices of WM ninble bread with laughing cow light (1/2 HexA).

Snack - muller light greek style coconut yoghurt (.5), some grapes and an orange. Two teas with skimmed milk (rest of HexA).

Dinner - pizza topped chicken (see pic in last post) with passata, mushrooms, courgette, peppers, ham, pineapple and 5 syns worth of cheddar (25g) with a massive salad dressed in 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syn).

7 syns for the whole day which i was very happy about because i feel like I am even now after Saturday night.

I need to have a plan for the week now. Events looming include cinema date with my cousins on Friday night and that will be eating out and a small cinema popcorn, and maybe a freddo. Is there any way i could do this and save the amount of syns and do it honestly?

I have heard a small popcorn in the cinema could be 15-18 syns. That with a fredo for 22-23 syns aint to bad because i could save 5 syns every day before that. The eating out part though... Does anyone know Eddie Rockets? Its basically a diner. They do a faghita salad which has grilled chicken, salsa, quacamole, lots of lettuce and tomatoes. How bad could that be? If i alloted my full 15 syns fo you think it would cover it? It has some cheese too i think... Alternatively they do 'chicken in a bowl' which is basically grilled chicken, salad, and the sauce on the side which is basically salad cream so i could probably syn that quite easily and have a meal for under 10 syns. That is probably what i will go for!

I am also going to a 21st party on sat night and it involves staying over in a b&b and the persons mother is making a massive breakfast the next day. So were talkint food that night, and in the morning. My plan is to eat mostly free all day, have a good dinner before i leave, and have all my syns for drinking (martini or vodka) and maybe a teeny bit of food there depending what it is. That way i would atleast be in my syns. As for breakfast the next morning i plan to bring my ninble bread and some beans, so that if worst comes to worse and everything is fried (it probably will be as she is cooking for so many people) i can have beans on toast for free. I would be SO proud of myself if i coild stick to this plan and i really have every intention to do just that. If i can get past this werk and those events by plannning, saving syns and being strong then i will feel absolutely brilliant come Sunday night, and most importantly come weigh in on Monday

Any advice/tips would he greatly appreciated based on what i have just talked about and all tjat lies ahead for me this week. This week is a good opportunity for me to learn to integrate slimming world in to real life and not having to suffer if its planned properly.

T x

xJoanneJJx said:
Sounds great Tracey! Lovely pics- you and your OH look good together :D The thai green curry is on my menu for later this week- really looking forward to it. mmm pak choi, that's one of my fav veg but i haven't had it in ages. I make a lovely side dish which i normally do when i make a malaysian chicken curry (non-sw!) so may have a day off once day and make that- it's one of the tastiest meals i make! xx

Thanks Joanne :) he is a sweetheart! Oh, side dish you say, whats in it?

It's really simple but SO yummy! I'll post the recipe on here later for ya :)

Didn't realise your WI was tonight, good luck!! I think you're in for a good loss as you say, you've been really good all week. Have everything crossed for you. Never heard of that diner but both of those options sound ok, you'd mainly just have to allocate for any oils / marinade on the chicken and guacamole will deffo by synned as avocados aren't even free food. I think that's because they contain a lot of fat "good fats" so people say! If i was you though, i'd go with the second option :) Sounds like you have a good social week ahead! xx

After my amazing week and after 8 weeks of being off plan i lost a measly 2.5 pounds! I am absolutely gutted. I had such a good week... Feel so gutted. OH lost EIGHT pounds and im delighted for him but so so gutted for me. I deserved about 6.

Just feel so deflated after all my work this week :-(

2.5lbs is not measly my love!! Lads always lost weight a lot faster, all the time. 2.5lbs is a great weight loss for a week. As I always say, slow and steady wins the race but I'll say again, that's a good weight loss.

Keep going :) xx

Back