Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Hi Tracey!! Food looking good! I can totally feel your positivity! Well done!! I can't believe the woman of the year OMG, she looks incredible. She doesn't have that I-used-to-be-fat look either. Amazing! Thanks for sharing the link to the recipe share, I need some inspiration.

Hi Honey,

I got a great laugh out of that message because i so know what you mean about the i-used-to-be-fat look. Man i hope i don't have that look when i'm at my goal weight, lol.

I'm glad you are feeling the positivity, i am just feeling amazing because i now know i CAN and WILL do it. I just feel excited and willing to make the sacrifices and plans that need to be made to do this for real!

Xxx

Where did you buy that popcorn from? hope we can get in over here, sounds lovely and pretty low syns! x

I have returned from the cinema and dinner!!

I DID it guys. I went to the cinema, i went for dinner and I stuck to my plan!!

For dinner in Eddie Rockets (American Diner type place) i had a big salad which leaves, cherry tomatoes, onion, pickles, cooked peppers and onions, a grilled chicken fillet with some cheese melted on it and all sauces on the side.

To the salad i added about 2 tablespoons of the salad creamy sauce and about 1 tablespoon if honey mustard dressing. I would imagine these sauces were no more than 7 syns combined. The cheese i had would have been some of my hexA and about 3 syns. There really was not a lot. What do you guys think? I know i dont reeeally know whats in the creamy sauce but its very like salad cream and that is really all i had.

image-3551391999.jpg

In the cinema i had :

1 packet of Manhattan popcorn (6.5)
A freddo bar (5)
A tangle twister ice pop (4.5)
A bottle of coke zero.
Combined syns : 16

My cousins got a large cinema popcorn with butter poured on it half way through and then lots of butter poured over the top, lots of chocolate sweets like celebrations etc, chocolate ben and gerrys ice cream and full fat coke. It all looked gorgeous and the popcorn smelled SO good but it would have been about 50 syns each i would imagine. Instead, mine was 16 and i had some popcorn, chocolate, and technically some ice cream.

I am SO chuffed with myself. Buttery cinema popcorn is one of my favourite treats EVER so I really did not think I could resist it. At one point i was tempted just to have a tiny taste like literally 4 pieces and then i thought NO, what is the point??? It will taste like every single time i have had buttery popcorn, and none of those times have made me feel happy and healthy in any long lasting way. Instead i reeeeally enjoyed my treats and i was completely within my syns.

Total syns from cinema/dinner trip : 26

BANG ON TARGET. I genuinely feel 10 syns is more than enough to cover the bit of salad dressing i had and the extra cheese that would have been exceeding my HexA.

I feel very proud of myself.

I'm excited for tomorrow now because i KNOW i can do it again then. I'm also excite to go to the gym tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking some running is on the cards, and then some swimming. OH is coming with me too, yay!

T x

xJoanneJJx said:
Where did you buy that popcorn from? hope we can get in over here, sounds lovely and pretty low syns! x

The propercorn? Its AMAZING. It says made in the UK on it so you must have it :) check in whoel food shops, that's where i got mine. Only 96 calories and 5 syns and absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks! Don't have any of those type of shops near me i dont think :( Just googled it and selected waitrose stores stock it..will have a look in! x

Have a great time tonight! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a great time tonight! Xx

Thanks Joanne, had a lovely time :)

Well Hello MiniMiners... I am so glad that weekend is over. Sounds weird because weekends are so amazing but it was a particularly testing one for me food-wise and I was so nervous about ruining my hard work. I went in to the weekend with a plan, and I actually stuck to it. I feel exceptionally proud of myself today, as I knew I would :)))))

Friday Night - Cinema.It went completely to plan, see above!

Saturday Night - The Party OK so my lovely OH made a fab Lasagne that he knew would last us a couple of days. He made it with Extra Lean Mince, passata, Spag Bol Oxo Cubes, Pasta, low fat cottage cheese and LOADS of veg such as mushrooms, courgette, onion, butternut squash, peppers, sweet potato, and probably other things too. It was gorgeous. He topped it with the Cottage Cheese and it really was so lovely! So we had that just before we left the house on Saturday night. It really filled me up! That was about 6.30pm! So we got to the party and everything was great, and about 10pm the food was brought out. My God they had SO MUCH food. Chicken Curry, Rice, Chips, Chicken Goujons, Cocktail Sausages, so much BREAD etc. I was beginning to get in to a little sulky funk because I wanted to eat it and then I noticed the salad. They had leaves, tomato, peppers, cold turkey and ham slices, egg mayonaisse, potato salad and coleslaw. So off I went and made myself a nice plate of completely free food and about 1 table spoon of Coleslaw and 1 Table spoon of potato salad to go with it. In my book the bit of coleslaw and potato salad was worth having one less drink. I was delighted with myself! Then about 2 hours later out came the desserts. They had 5 cheesecakes, chocolate eclairs, chocolate biscuit cake, sponge cake, cupcakes. They literally had everything. I did not have one morsel of any of it. Again, SO delighted with myself. The next morning was the big fry-up and as predicted it was all, well, fried lol. I decided to be strong and I ate nothing. Neither did OH (who had a few bold things on Sat night such as some curry, a lot of coleslaw, one or two sausages, a bread roll and some cake... but that was his choice). We got home and we made a GORGEOUS breakfast with Slimmers Choice Sausages (free), a 'fried egg' done in Fry light, Mushrooms, beans, a rasher with fat taken off and my two slices of HexB bread with a little butter (2) and some ketchup (1). It was absolutely gorgeous and I was delighted I could have sausages and not feel guilty at all!

Saturdays Food

Breakfast : HexB bread (1.5 slices of normal Wholemeal bread) to make French toast and topped with 3/4 of a tablespoon of Golden Syrup (1.5) and chopped banana and blueberries. This was so gorgeous and felt like such a treat.

Lunch : Didn't really have a lunch :/ But my breakfast was quite late!

Dinner : OH's gorgeous Superfree Lasagne with loads of veg in it and served with a massive salad and 1 tablespoon of Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5) followed by a Muller Light Greek Style Coconut Youghurt (.5) and a handful of Blueberries.

When i went to the party - One Vodka and tiny bit of cranberry juice (4) and three Martini and Diet &up (7.5) a tablespoon of Coleslaw (2) 1 tablespoon of Potato salad (2)

Syn : 19 but that's OK because to be honest the Coleslaw and Potato salad would have been less than a tablespoon, and I had 1 syn leftover from Friday night. I decided the other 2 syns or so I would account for by having less yesterday. Which I did.

Does everyone else syn alcohol? Man it is hard. Three drinks and 7.5 syns gone just like that!! I would have loved about another 5/6 drinks but I suppose these are the sacrifices that need to be made. Just stuff like Vodka has so little calories I cant see how it could possibly be 4 syns for a measure!! Thoughts?

Sunday's Food

Brunch - Amazing gorgeous guilt-free breakfast with 4 Slimmers Choice Sausages (FREE), 1 rasher with fat removed, an egg done in Frylight, Mushrooms, beans, 2 slices of HexB Bread with some butter (2) and half a tablespoon of Ketchup (1) I also had some berried and grapes after to make sure to get the superfree in.

Snack - 1/4 of a Curly Wurly Bar (1.5) some Grapes. cup of SuperSpeed Soup, some cherry tomatoes

Dinner - More of the beautiful Lasagne by Chef OH with some baby potatoes and 1 tablespoon of low fat coleslaw (1.5) followed by a Greek Style Muller Coconut Yoghurt (.5)

HexA - Milk in Tea
HexB- Bread x 2
Syns - 7 just to be sure about the Coleslaw as I didn't measure it.

I feel like I am forgetting something, but I don't think I am...Hmm. So I saved a couple of syns yesterday which more than made up for the 2/3 I went over on Saturday night!

Some Things I have Learned This Weekend

I need to make homemade Coleslaw! It is a waste of Syns when I can make a free one. Hopefully I will see those packs of already shredded cabbage and carrot in Tesco or Dunnes. So far I haven't. I really enjoy hot potato with cold coleslaw and this way I can have lots for zero syns! Must get on that.

I could have used laughing cow extra light triangle instead of butter on my toast. It would have saved 2 syns and it would have been out of my HexA too!

Soup is SO easy to make and I definitely want to make some soups to bring to work. Such a good way of getting lots of Superfree in too!

I CAN and WILL do this. This weekend taught me so much about myself and it turns out I have heaps more self control and will power than I ever thought I had. I feel much more confident now coming up to the Christmas nights out and parties because I know I can plan for these things and not feel deprived yet at the same time when they come and pass not feel guilty either, or that I have ruined things by bad choices. It is ALL about planning!

Obstacles This Week :

None really. I will be going out on Saturday night with my cousins and OH. I will save 5 syns a day to cover my drinks for the night. I'll definitely be on the Martini again because I really liked it. It has a sort of Lemoney taste to it, and lovely with diet 7up. I think I will aim to save about 20 syns and perhaps 5 from Saturday also so that I can really enjoy myself and have a 'normal' night of drinks guilt-free. As for food, it could quite easily happen that the night ends in bad food. There really is no choice for 'good food' unless I get chicken or beef with blacknean sauce and boiled rice in the chinese. Maybe I should save the 5.5 syns just to cover myself. Me and OH used to do that and we loved our drunken beef and blackbean at 4am, lol!

OK so there is a plan, save 25 syns between now and Saturday night to allow for drinks and a possible beef with blackbean sauce, lol! That's 5 a day between now and then, no problem.

WEIGH IN!!!

Yep, that's tonight. I am nervous. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I think I'm more nervous because A) Last week surprised me and B) I weighed myself yesterday in Peter's and I was 15 stone. That would mean a GAIN of 2 pounds. Impossible! Now, granted I had eaten breakfast a couple of hours earlier but I still eat on the day of my weigh in. I was also wearing a coat and shoes (light ones mind you) so that would probably make me a bit heavier but that just sort of shocked me. With the week I have had there is absolutely no way in heaven I even stayed the same, nevermind gained. I know different scales say different things but it sort of freaked me out because it was about 8pm which is my weigh in time and it was the day before my weigh in and I hadn't eaten anything other than breakfast. So it through me a bit. I know it's a bad habbit though!

Were going to the cinema after weigh-in to watch Skyfall so that will be nice. Have all my syns for the day so will probably get popcorn (packet of Manhattan for 6.5 syns not cinema stuff), a freddo and some sort of ice-pop to use up the syns. Unfortunately we won't have time for dinner and it will be too late to cook something free when we get back. Can't see a Freddo and popcorn filling me though. Maybe I can think of something to bring with us... Hmmm! If worse comes to worse I am OK with using about 5 syns from tomorrow's syns and having a low-syn day tomorrow. That won't be hard because I have a lot of choice with free foods that I can use tomorrow. We shall see.

I don't know what to expect tonight. A loss of course. I would love love love if it were about 5 pounds but I know that's a lot to ask. lets just say a loss, because that's what the aim is here! Until then guys :)

Good luck tonight you have been so good with your syns and avoiding temptation sure you'll do we'll you certainly deserve to! Xx

Hope you enjoyed the cinema and WI went well :)

sorry for being so quiet today guys. I am that weirdo who loved minimins so much that I like to let it built up so i have lots to read when I log on. Yes I am strange! lol.

Well as you know I had weigh in last night, and the result? DOWN THREE POUNDS!!!! Yipee, I am so delighted. I have now lost 5.5 pounds in the last two weeks so hopefully by the end of November or soon after I will have lost the full 12 pounds that I gained! Happy Happy Happy :)

the class was so interesting and I learned so many things I didn't know, I love my leader. It's a pity she is only with us for another 10 weeks. She is only filling in for someone for 3 months!

See pictures below : I decided to pack me and OH a little lunchbox of dinner to have in the car after SW and before the cinema as we would be rushing to make the movie. it was a great idea and it was so yummy. It was the m&s Spanish style chicken with rice, butter beans, peppers and sherry vinigarette. The fll thing is 7 syns so I split it between two lunch boxes and added some extra lettuce and tomato to bulk it up. It was yummy and only 3.5 syns each. Hooray!

Yesterdays Food

Breakfast - muller light greek style coconut (.5) with grapes
Lunch - A sweet and sour mug shot and a pear
Dinner - our little salad in the car (3.5)

In the cinema - bag of Manhattan Popcorn (6.5), Malteasers (9.5 syns OOPS I thought they were only 5.5 but that's the treat size ones), a tangle twister icepop (4.5) and some coke zero. This was all so yummy. A treat size malteasers definitely would have been enough though and the whole lot would have only been 16.5 syns and thats a lovely cinema feast. Definitely still hard saying no to warm buttery popcorn though. Siiiigh!

Hex A - Whoops, I didn't have one!
Hex B- Milk in tea.

Syns -
24.5. Means I went over by 9.5 but thats ok because I'm gonna save those syns today! Lesson learned about the Malteasers too. next time I will make sure its the little packet for 5.5 syns!

I am going to the gym tonight to do a 'total body tone' class. I am terrified... Aaaah! Cant wait for dinner already! :)

Pic below of my lunch today too. Man those tomato mug shots are SOOOOO good. They taste almost cheesy! MMM

image-578755228.jpg

image-2698463264.jpg

image-2556533859.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats that's a fab loss! Xx

Missed you Tracey, had been checking all day to see how you'd got on lol! Congrats on the amazing loss :D xx

So i did my first 'total body tone' class today at the gym. Oh my God i have never experienced a 'burn' like that. I will literally grunting with agony! We did lots of different things to work abs, gluts (whatever that is), back, thighs and arms. It was absolute torture. You could feel how much it was working and your pain, oh my God the pain!! When the class ended i couldn't walk properly. Literally proper john wayne stuff. My bags felt so heavy because i literally had no energy in my arms.

My arms and my legs felt completely like jelly! They still do. I came home, had a shower and made my dinner. I have to say i am SO proud of myself (haha i wrote 'you' there instead of myself, im going crazy). If i was to do that twice a week it would be excellent exercise. Thats the plan anyway. I sweated so much so that had to be good because i never sweat.

Great thimg was that I got home at like 8pm because there was a bus immediately after the class. I love when things like that work out.

So my food today looked like this.

Breakfast - 2 hexB bread, 2 laughing cow extra light( some of hexA) and 1 tablespoon of jam (1) and a mandarin orange.

Lunch - tomato mug shot (free), gorgeous fruit salad from M&s with mango, passionfruit, and melon. Omg so tasty. Also a muller light greek style coconut yoghurt (.5)

Dinner - 2 slimline sausages (free), 2 small baled potatoes, roasted veg (peppers, carrots, parsnip, mushrooms and courgette) it was lovely but i left it all in the oven too long and sort of incinerated it. Whoops! On one baked potato i had homemade coleslaw (.5) (which sadly was not nuce... Just so gooey and mushy and too cabbagy a any advice) and on the other i had baked beans. Yum! Despite the veg being a bit burnt and the coleslaw being not nice i still enjoyed my dinner because i was starving.

Snack - spoonfull of tesco finest chargrilled vegetable couscous (1.5) - omg i got this thinking it was really low because its just couscous and veg etc, and it was bloody 9 syns, thats crazy! I inly bought it because it was on sale.

Hexa- cheese/milk in tea.
Hexb - 2 wholemeal bread
Syns - 3.5/15

I needed to save 5 syns for the weekend and also i went over my syns by 9.5 last night so i needed to save those today too. I will save 3 extra syns tomorrow and that way last night will be compensated for and i will be raking up some syns for the weekend!

5 syns saved for the weekend so far!

Dinner :

image-2317649672.jpg

Ok so the mug shot that i love - ie the tomato pasta one, is actually 1 syn! So worth it though.

However that brings my syns up a little from today.

Plan for tomorrow is to have a macimum of 5 syns so i can make up for over-syning on friday evening and save another 5 for the weekend. Shouldn't be top difficult :)

breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast with laughing cow light (half of HexB and some of Hexa) with 1 tbls of jam (1) a kiwi and half a banana.

Lunch - other slice of wholemeal toast (HexB) with another laughing cow light (half of HexA combined with other from this morning) a sweet and sour mug shot, an apple and a pear, a muller light greek style coconut yoghurt (.5).

I have had 1.5 syns today and I wanted to keep it at 5 so 3.5 syns to play around with later and I definitely won't be going over that.

I found a recipe for syn-free onion bajhis today and I plan to make those for dinner with maybe some egg fried rice and some Chip Shop Curry Sauce (packet is 5 syns so will have half). I will let you all know how I get on.

My whole body is in bits today. So sore to get up and sit back down to my desk. Suppose that means the exercise works :)

My mam is collecting me from work today, such a treat!

x

Back