Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Well done on getting to the gym and exercising, that class sounds hardcore! I really need to do more exercise. I've barely done any since we've been back from travelling - so lazy! This weather isn't a great motivator but no excuse really.

hi Tracey, well done on the amazing loss, that's fab! I haven't had time for a proper read through - what exercise are you doing?

I joined a gym so a combination of swimming and classes hun. I am literally in BITS from Tuesdays class though so doing one again tomorrow seems completely unrealistic. I can barely sit down! haha

Thanks Vintagepockets, It is so hard to motivate yourself in the bad weather isn't it? I just want to get home and snuggle up in my PJs. That class was tough but I felt great for doing it. It was on Tuesday and I am currently in BITS. really hoping I can do the other one tomorrow. But right now I can't even sit down without extreme pain :( Every single muscle in my body is so so painful! I'll truck on though :)

Hi Everyone,

Genuinely still can't believe how good I am being so good. I can't imagine ever coming off this plan because I feel like I have finally found a way to just make it fit in with my life. I am really enjoying my meals and trying new recipes etc, and I find that having less than 10 syns a day works for me because I can save 5 towards the weekend and then have a night out. It really suits me. It just feel so liveable. If I can keep going this way and continue to have losses each week I am fairly certain I will be at my goal weight by mid 2013. That is just so incredibly exciting.

Yesterdays Food Diary

Breakfast - two slices of HexB bread toasted with 2 laughing cow lights and a tablespoon of Raspberry jam (1) and a kiwi

Lunch - Sweet and Sour Mug Shot, Muller Light Greek Style Coconut Yoghurt (.5) , a pear and an apple.

Dinner - Home-made Indian Onion Bhajis with syn free egg fried rice with lots of vegetables in it and about 2 syns worth of Knorr Chip Shop Curry Sauce (5 syns for the whole sachet, I had about 1/3 of it and there was a teaspoon of gravy granuales added to it to make it thicker).

Snacks : Muller Lite Toffee Yoghurt after dinner
HexA : Laughing cow light x 2 and milk in two teas.
HexB : 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Syns :3.5

This is perfect. It smoothes everything out and means I have already made up for going over on Monday night and I have also saved 10 syns for the weekend so far. The plan is to have about 25 going out to allow for a few drinks and a cheeky chicken or beef with blackbean sauce and boiled rice on the way home. I plan to save another 5 today and tomorrow and then only have about 5 syns on Saturday before I go out! That will give me about 30 syns for the night which is perfect. Does anyone else do this?

Todays Food.

breakfast - 2 slices of brown bread, 2 laughing cow lights with 1 tablespoon of Raspberry jam (1)

Lunch - left overs of my home-made Onion Bhaji and vegetable egg friend rice with about 2 syns worth of the curry sauce. A Coconut Muller (.5) an apple and a mandarin.

Syns so far today : 3.5

HexA - 2 laughing cow light and milk in one tea and one coffee

The plan is to have under 10 syns today so that I can save 5. I have my course tonight so dinner will be eaten out. I am still not 100% sure of what I will have. I may do what I did last week and get the m&s chargrilled chicken and vegetable box (free without the dressing) some rf hummous and carrots and a fruit salad. that would only be about 3 syns. I could have a tiny bit of the dressing, or maybe another little snacky thing fow about another 3 syns. I'll see whats on offer! Either way I won't be going over 10 syns, that's for sure :)

RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE ONION BHAJIS.

I absolutely love Indian food but it tends to be horrifically calorific. I have started to try many new recipes of late, and I recently came across this recipe for Slimming World syn free Onion Bhajis so I had to try them out. They are absolutely gorgeous, so unbelievably tasty, and the best part is they are totally free. Let me know how you get on if you decide to make them. They are incredibly easy to make.

You will need

- 2 eggs
- a 200g can of chickpeas
- 200g of onion finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.

1.Drain your can of chickpeas and use a potato masher to mash it up in to a paste. Add the two eggs to this paste until a type of batter forms.
2.Chop your onion finely. Add your onion to the mixture of chickpeas and egg.
3. Add 2-4 teaspoons of curry powder ( I added 3 heaped ones) along with some salt and pepper. Mix through. it should be a thick-ish batter.
4. Heat up your frying pan and add some Frylight to it. When it has all melted and the pan is hot enough add little teaspoonfuls of the mixture to the pan. You should get about 20 teaspoonfuls, or about 10 if you decide to make big patties. Imagine them as little tiny omlettes. When they are brown on one side flip them over and cook for a few minutes on the other side.
5. When brown on both sides put on a baking tray, spray with fry light, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on about 180c or until they appear done.

I served mine with homemade vegetable egg fried rice but the recipe suggests serving with a dip that is made of the following

Cucumber, Fat Free Fromage Frais, fresh mint leaves. I couldn't find the Fromage Frais and the shop had no mint, but I might try that next time.

ENJOY! :)

Oh, and P.S I was thinking you could add grated carrot and finely sliced peppers and just make two huge Veggie Burgers the exact same way. Now that would be yummy!

image-104630241.jpg

image-241815914.jpg

Last edited:
Had planned to do egg fried rice tonight so i'm gonna give those onion bhajis a go! x

Quick post to be accountable for yesterday so i don't forget.

Breakfast - muller lite coconut yoghurt (.5) with grapes and a banana

snack - tomato an herb mugshot

Lunch - erin low fat svoury rice, chicken and mushroom flavour (1.5) with more grapes and a coconut muller (.5)

Then i WENT TO THE GYM. Yep i managed to go to that class again despite every muscle in my body being in bits. It was hard but i also really enjoyed it. I am actually looking forward to tuesdays class!

Dinner - KFC style chicken made with chicken fillets, smash mixed with black and red pepper and smoked paprika served on a 60g wholemeal bun (hexB??) and with lettuce and 1 tablespoon of extra light mayo (1) served with baked oitato and beans and some green beans. YUM!!

image-3288534270.jpg

image-2001017901.jpg

Look how amazing the smash works?? Actually looks like southern fried chicken doesn't it? Instead of just dipping it in egg before the smash mix i mixed together an egg and some franks hot sayce (free) so the burger would be a Wicked Zinger Style burger from KFC. It was seriously amazing!

Snacks - packet of popcorn (5)

Syns for the day - 8.5.
Hexa- 60g whoelmeal bun. Think that would be ok??
HexA - milk in tea and a little cheese on baked potato

As for Thursday, i ended up saving 3 syns because i was late getting in to town before my class so between thurs and friday i actually saved an extra 4.5 syns that i didnt plan for. Yipee!!

Todays food : Saturday 24th

Breakfast - 60g wholemeal pitta bread (HexB) with two slimmers choice sausages (free), a rasher (forgot to take fat off end so better give it 2) an egg, beans, mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of ketchup (1)

Lunch - hoemmade veg soup made by my uncle, there was 25g of butter in whole thing and 10 people had it so about 2g butter each, i'm thinking 2 syns max. Thoughts?

Dinner - steak, mushrooms, home made free pepper sauce, half a tomato mug shot (.5) and fried cabbage made with smoked paprika. A muller lighr coconut (.5)

Have had 6 syns all day. Saved 9!

Ok so i am going out tonight yipee!

Syns saved - saved 5 on tuesday and 5 wed. Thursday i saved 7.5, friday i saved 6.5 and today i saved 9

That gives me 33 syns going out tonight. SO worth saving all week as i wont be worried. I'll be drinking martini and diet 7up which is 2.5 syns so i can have 10 if i like and will still have syns left for a cheeky chicken or beef with blackbean sauce and boiled tice should a drunken trip to the chinese occur after. See, i'm all prepared :)

Well done on planning ahead and going back to that class! Hope you're having a good night! X

Can't believe it's weigh-in day again, the weeks are just flying in!

saturday night was brilliant, i ended up having about 9 martinis and one passionfruit dawuiri which i have no idea how to syn. Do you think about 7/8 syns would cover it? Its just bacardi and then the passionfruit flavouring stuff with juice and ice.

I estimate that u had about 35 sys altogether which is fine because i had 33 going out. It was a great night. We ended up getting the chinese but i was exhausted and it was packed so i only had a few bites of the chicken and blackbean sauce and then about half a portion of noodles so pobably still only about 5.5/6 syns.

Anyway, just to be sure i made up for it by having below 5 syns yesterday! I definitely compensated :)

Yesterdays food ;

Breakfast - gorgeous 'fry' made by OH. FREE Mallons sausages, 2 'fried' eggs, beans, mushrooms and grilled tomato with 1 slice of wholemeal toast. 1 tablespoon of ketchup (1)

Lunch - a muller light coconut yoghurt (.5) and a fruit salad.

Dinner - an amazing curry made with this 3 syn curry sauce, chicken, courgette, mushroom, peppers, chickpeas, butternut squash and sweet potato with savoury rice (1.5 for savoury rice, 1.5 for curry) followed by another coconut muller (.5)

5 syns all day!

HexA - 1 slice wholemeal bread
HexB - whoops, didnt have it, just one cup of tea- but had two yoghurts so should be fine.

Saved 10 syns to compensate about any saturday uncertainties!

Today - weigh in day.
I never eat bread on weigh in day, makes me feel bloated.

Breakfast - one pink grapefruit and a coconut muller (.5) (love love love grapefruit, and yes I am OD'ing on coconut muller).

Lunch - 1 400g of Baxters Healthy Chicken and Vegetable soup (omg this is 7.5 syns, HOW?? Its like 99% packed full of lots of different veg and the only other ingredient is flour and water. Its not thick at all. Anyway i checked and 320g of this can be HexB - what a random amount- 400g can which gives you a bowl full. So i'm using it as a HexB and then syning the 80g that remained which is 1.5 syns. Also had some carrot sticks and a tablespoon of red pepper rf hummous (1.5).

Total syns so far : 3.5/15

Not sure what we are doing after weigh-in but ive got 11.5 syns and a Healthy Extra A to okay around with :)

image-98479503.jpg

Last nights curry. Packed with veg! So good.

image-4280454176.jpg

The dinner i had on Saturday before i went out. Steak with mushrooms and onions in a home-made free pepper sauce, 1/2 a tomato and herb mug shot and some fried cabbage made with black pepper and smoked paprika. This was yummy!

image-3182014418.jpg

Todays lunch. Sidewards, sorry!

image-2748266340.jpg

And just for fun, me before i went out on saturday night. I felt good :)

Weigh in in two hours, pleeease be good to me scales.

Attachments

• image-1506963557.jpg
    image-1506963557.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 46
Good luck for your weigh in! Today's food looks super healthy. I love pink grapefruit too, I just find it quite messy to eat!

I find the whole thing with soups quite weird too - I used to think they'd be low in syns cause they're mostly veg, but they seem quite high usually.

FatGurlSlim said:
Good luck for your weigh in! Today's food looks super healthy. I love pink grapefruit too, I just find it quite messy to eat!

I find the whole thing with soups quite weird too - I used to think they'd be low in syns cause they're mostly veg, but they seem quite high usually.

Thanks hun. Yeah i was very surprised that the can of soup is 7.5 syns, though using it as a healthy extra + 1.5 syns suited me fine :)

Well guys, just back from weigh in!

I stayed the same! Absolutely gutted to be honest. Completely stuck to the plan, planned ahead and didn't give in to anything. Synd anything i ate or drank and 100% followed it. I also went to the gym twice for total body tone classes. And... Stay the same. I just can't believe it.

So disappointed, and the worst part of im so shocked. I should have got a good loss and instead i got none. It makes no sense.

Endd up having chicken and blackbean with veg and noodles in a thai take away for dinner. Hilarious because i asked them to use very little oil and they said 'well we have the 1kcal per spray frylight stuff if you want us to use it?' I got so excited by this! It was Cafe Mao, the take away one. Had a fabulous meal of chicken, blackbean sauce, lots of veg and noodles and NO oil all for 5.5 syns (max). I had a yoghurt when i came home too. Ended up having 11 syns today so i saved 4 for the weekend so far.

I want to save 8 each day so i am equipped for the weekend because i am going out both fri and saturday night which will be hard!

Onwards and upwards. Going to try get in to running at the gym twice a week and do the toning class once a week maybe. Want to mix it up and try get the most out of it. Aiming for 3 days per week in total!

Next Monday is my college graduation, i am still definitely going to group though! 100%.

Night all.

It could just be water retention as you've started to exercise. Don't be too disappointed as I'm sure the scales will show a loss next week. Glad to see you're still positive as some people would just say sod it and have a binge!

That's great about the Thai food. I'm too shy to request no oil but I think I'll try it next time! x

Aww as hard as it is, it really does happen to us all :( water retention, bloat, near TOTM? Could all be factors. Keep going! xx

Dont know about TOTM because im on a pill where i dont get one... At all!!

Could be anything really, but i know i stuck to the plan and i tried to be good and exercise too so i just felt very hard done by.

I'm not going to do any body toning classes this week. I am going to do cardio instead. Mainly running on threadmil to work up a sweat and get the heart racing.

Today i went to the gym and done something like this : walked for 5 mins, ran for 10, walk for 3, run for 3, walk for three run for 3, run for 4, walk for 2, run for 2, walk for 2. I was sweating and my face was very red, lol. It felt like an honest work out.

I'm starting to wonder if i eat too many processed foods? Most days i would have either a mugshot or a savoury rice and both are probably packed with salt. Hmmm!

Todays Food -

Breakfast - 2 WW bread with 2 laughing cow lights (1/2 hexa) and 2 tablespoon of jam (1) a grapefruit

Lunch - erin low fat savoury rice chicken and mushroom flavour (1.5), handful of carrot sticks and 1 tablespoon of reduced fat hummous (1.5) a muller coconut yoghurt (.5)

After gym - some apple and grapes.

Dinner - KFC style chicken made with smash/coarse black and red pepper and some smoked paprika. Dipped chicken in a mixture of egg and Franks hot sauce before dipping in the crumbs! It was gorgeous. Served it with a mix of green beans, sweet corn, passata etc so lots of SF. Some salad also eith 1 tablespoon of low fat garlic and herb salad dressing (1)

Hexa- 2 light laughing cow cheese triangle: some milk in my coffee.
HexA - 2 WW bread
Syns used - 5.5 so saved 9.5 for weekend. Between yesterday an today i have about 15 syns saved for the weekend now. Plan is to save 10 tomorrow, 5 on thurs, and go out on sat with about 20, same with saturday.

I am shatted. Night all x

Hi Tracey, great food, I'm going to try the bhajis :) AND, you are soooo pretty!

Hi Book_lover, (what's your 'real' name? lol)

Aw thank you so much, you too are only lovely. i especially loved your pic with the fab dress! You should treat yourself to it ;)

Oh let me know how they bhajis go. It's crazy how easy they are to make!

BEING POSITIVE AND STICKING WITH IT

I really am doing all the right things and making sure I syn everything, have my healthy extras, have my superfree. Is there anything anyone has noticed in my food diary that might look a bit off? I am starting to get a bit paranoid about it. I feel that maybe I eat too many processed packet things like Erin Savoury Rice for example, that's only 1.5 syn but it's 422 calories for the packet and I would have that for lunch with a muller light and some carrot sticks and hummous. What do you guys think?

There are no secrets though. I'm being honest with myself and nothing has touched my lips that hasn't been accounted for. I have decided to stay away from the toning class this week and instead I am focusing on running and power walking on the threadmil. It's good exercise and makes me sweat so that has to be good. I have heard cardio is the main man for weightloss, so that's what I am doing at the moment.

Todays Food

Breakfast - 2 WW bread with 2 laughing cow lights (1/2 of HexA) and 1 tablespoon of jam (1). A grapefruit. This seems like a big breakfast. I mean I love it, but I only have the grapefruit to make it superfree. Am I better of starting the day with just fruit and yoghurt and having the bread later on in the day? I don't even know if that stuff matters... *sigh*

Lunch - Erin low Fat Savoury rice chicken flavour (1.5) a muller light coconut yoghurt (.5) and some carrot sticks with 1 tablespoon of reduced fat hummous (1.5)

I've also drank 1 coffee with some milk from the rest of my HexA and will have had two litres of water by the time the day is over.

Dinner - I have some 'KFC' Style chicken left so I will have that with something. Possibly salad again as I am afraid to overdo it on carbs. Then again, sod it, they ARE FREE! Maybe I'll have a little bit of pasta with veg, passata etc. I am just so super cautious at the moment, feel like I can't relax because normally I lose weight quickly and its not happening now so I automatically think I am doing something wrong.

Syns - 4.5 so far. I wanted to keep it at 5 so chances are I will just have a free dinner. Might be tempted to have a .5 syn Muller Lite after dinner, but once again i am paranoid that this might not be a good idea seen as I have already had one with lunch.

*major sigh*

On the brightside I am going to see a psychic tonight. She's v. famous and my mam waited a year for an appointment with her, she just happened to fit me in for tonight. Can't wait. Bit nervous too!

Keep with it and it will come- we all have weeks where the scales unfortunatly don't do us justice!
Only a couple of things come to mind. When you buy a chinese, are you synning that with the weight in the back of the book? The syn value is for a certain weight, and people say it's usually about half of the tub the chinese give you..if that makes sense?!

houmous- is this syn free home made? or shop bought? in which case you measure it by the TBSP. May be a little pot you get with your carrots though in which case the syn value should be easy to find.

That's all I can think of though- your food diary is always great! chin up xx

Last edited:
Back