Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

Ah you poor thing, I feel your pain as I've been bang on plan lately and STS for 2 weeks on the trot. I'd recommend taking some measurements now if you haven't done so already - I've lost a paltry 1.5 lbs in the past three weeks (*small shriek of exasperation*) but I have had to do my belt up an extra notch! It's weird.

The only thing I can see with your diary is that you do guesstimate your syns quite often, and as you say you are having quite a bit of salty food (The chinese takeaways will probably have a fair bit of salt or even MSG) which can definitely cause water retention.

I don't notice anything the others haven't pointed out, food diaries always look good IMO. I wouldn't worry about how many mullers you have - I was told at group that even 3 is fine, 4 or 5 might be pushing it...

My real name is Leanne :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The salt is somthing i'm looking at. The chinese is 5.5 syns in the book for a 350g portion. The portion is usually 500g but normally i get them to use little or no oil so thats saving syns. I am usually happy to keep it around the 6 syn mark.

Sometimes i do guess sys but its usually because i can't find the answer so i'll syn it relative to something very similar and i'll usually always over-guess. I don't want to cod myself in to thinking i'm having less, so i always aim to be completely honest.

All good feedback though, thank you guys :)

Ok i have been a bit lax with the food diary so here is wednesdays one -

Breakfast - usual 2 nimble with 2 laughing cow light and 1 tablespoon of jam (1) and a grapefruit.

Lunch - a chicken flavour erin savoury rice (1.5) a muller light coconut flavour (.5) carrot sticks and 1 tablespoon of resuced fat hummous (1.5) by the way joanne i got the syns of 'reduced fat hummous' on the app. I measure out one tablespoon and give it that value. Think that's ok?

Snack - alpen light chocolate and fudge (3) i really fancied something sweet so this was perfect. And i was marving!

Dinner - the rest of my KFC chiken and veg concoction with tomato and balsamic sauce and a big bowl of vegetable soup with lots of vwg.

Snack - apple and grape snack packet.

Hexa- 2 laughing cow light and skimmed milk in 2 teas
Hex b - 2 nimble bread

Syns used - 7.5/ saved 7.5 for weekend.

Yesterdays Food Diary:

Breakfast - 2 nimble bread and 2 laughing cow lights with 1 tablespoon of jam (1) and a grapfruit

Lunch - egg noodles with green beans, peppers, onion, sweetcorn and courgette with soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of sweetchilli sauce (1) a muller light greek style honeyed peach yoghurt (.5)and carrot sticks with a little more than a tablespoon of reduced fat hummous (2)

Snack - half of an alpen light (1.5)

Dinner - sweet potato with baked beans, a side of lots of green veg with hal a tablespoon of thai curry paste (.5) and three syn free sausages

Hex a- 2 laughing cow light and skimmed milk in three teas
HexB - 2 nimble bread
Syns - 6.5/ saved 8.5

Another thought - on the SW site it says that flexi-synning can sometimes slow down your weightloss but may help you to lose more weight in the long term so this could be why you're not losing as quickly maybe? There's an article that mentions it on the SW site in the useful features section called Myth & Misconceptions Busted. It's worth a read! :)

Some of the meals I have had over the last couple of days!

image-1291355836.jpg

image-1708556777.jpg

image-1694909302.jpg

Hi Vintagepockets,

Yes that has definitely crossed my mind. Only thing is, these events such as Christmas parties, birthdays, retirement parties are coming whether I like it or not (I do) and there will always be some alcohol or food involved. So I can either make the choice to just have nothing and not enjoy myself, or try and do the somewhat right thing and pull back other days to make up for it. I don't know, when I did it before it always worked!

Thanks for that though, definitely something to think about!

Last edited:
The Weekend

Has anybody got nice plans for the weekend? I have a busy one, but I am looking forward to it. Tonight I am going to a special do for my OH's Dad and his colleagues who have recently retired from their company. We get a night in a fancy hotel for FREE as well as free drinks and finger food. Naturally, unless there is salad or something, I won't be touching the finger food. Tomorrow night I am going out also so I plan to take it easy tonight in terms of drinking. I am going to stick to either Martini or Vodka. If it's Vodka I will have about three max, and if it is Martini I will have about 5 because that's only 2.5 syns for a pub measure. Dinner-wise we are thinking about getting a take-away to have before we go to the event. With OH working a bit later we will be arriving a bit late anyway so we were thinking maybe something like a chinese (blackbean or Oyster sauce) but I don't know if that will work out. That would be about 6 syns anyway. Today I will be having about 2 syns so really that leaves me with about 7 syns left for alcohol. I have saved 30 syns this week for the weekend so the plan is to use about 10 of them tonight if needs be, maybe I will only use 5/6 though.

As for tomorrow night - that is a meal with my Master's class followed by Christmas party in the theatre I used to work in. I have looked at the menu of the place we are going tomorrow (it's here Lunch and Dinner Menu | Bewley) There are quite a few salad/pasta options which would seem to be very low in syns and with lots of superfree. What would you guys recommend I have? Ideally I would like to keep it under 15 syns including a small glass of white wine (about 7.5 syns if a bottle is 30?) so something food-wise that would be about 7/8 syns max. I am find with ordering things on the side or asking for something not to be cooked in oil. All advice welcome, I would really appreciate it. Tomorrow I should wake up having my full 15 syns for that day along with about 20 of my syns left from what I have saved. Thats 35 in total. I'm not sure if breakfast is included in the hotel, but I can keep that free by having my HexB bread, beans and lots of fruit etc. I will probably end up using about 10 syns during the day if we go somewhere to lunch. So really I am looking at about 25 syns left when I go out on Saturday - about 15 of which i plan to use in the restaurant on dinner and a glass of wine. 10 syns left for drinking isn't a whole lot. I will just take it easy and have the 4/5 free drinks we will be getting in the theatre - martini probably so that would be about 10 syns. Then I will probably just not drink in the club afterwards. Depends really, if I end up using less syns tonight then I might be OK to have one or two in the club. Time will tell. I am determined not to go over my syns though!!

All advice is highly welcome. I know saving syns for the weekend isn't ideal but these two events could be a complete disaster if I didn't do it this way, so i am trying to control things as much as possible.

Oh, and after work I am going to the gym so a good 40 minute brisk walk/run. I am also going to the gym on Sunday to do the same!

:)

Hi Vintagepockets,

Yes that has definitely crossed my mind. Only thing is, these events such as Christmas parties, birthdays, retirement parties are coming whether I like it or not (I do) and there will always be some alcohol or food involved. So I can either make the choice to just have nothing and not enjoy myself, or try and do the somewhat right thing and pull back other days to make up for it. I don't know, when I did it before it always worked!

Thanks for that though, definitely something to think about!

I definitely think you should carry on as you are - you're definitely handling these kinds of events in the right way. It may just be why your not seeing bigger losses right now but I honestly do just think it's water retention as you've been so good with the diet. I'm sure the scales will reward you soon!
:)

Most of the salads sound like a safe option, as long as you ask for the dressing on the side. With the pasta just avoid any of the ones that have 'creamy' in the description and try to go for a tomato based sauce instead but I wouldn't recommend the bolognese as they probably use full fat mince unless you want to syn it. You could even ask them to swap a few ingredients, for example have the penne w/ toulouse sausage but ask for chicken instead of sausage perhaps? Good luck and I hope you enjoy your weekend! It sounds like it should be a fun one! x

Most of the salads sound like a safe option, as long as you ask for the dressing on the side. With the pasta just avoid any of the ones that have 'creamy' in the description and try to go for a tomato based sauce instead but I wouldn't recommend the bolognese as they probably use full fat mince unless you want to syn it. You could even ask them to swap a few ingredients, for example have the penne w/ toulouse sausage but ask for chicken instead of sausage perhaps? Good luck and I hope you enjoy your weekend! It sounds like it should be a fun one! x

Thanks hun :) If it's cold out, which it probably will be, I will probably be leaning more towards a pasta dish. But I do love salads so maybe salad with a warm chicken or something would be nice. Do you think I could realistically keep dinner at about 7/8 syns if I am careful?

Try Enjoy yourself Leanne, chances are it won't be something horrendously fattening like deep-cheese, lol. maybe keep your healthy extras or some of them just incase? And try have as few syns as possible today to allow yourself more tonight. Will you be having a few drinks? man do I miss wine!!

hiya - no drinks perhaps, I'll drive. Maybe one glass of wine. It's just I'm off to Cornwall too on Sunday with work again - and that'll be syns...

These friends are quite healthy as it happens - so I bet it'll be fine. I'll save my HEs though :)

hiya - no drinks perhaps, I'll drive. Maybe one glass of wine. It's just I'm off to Cornwall too on Sunday with work again - and that'll be syns...

These friends are quite healthy as it happens - so I bet it'll be fine. I'll save my HEs though :)

Sounds lovely, I hope you enjoy it:D

Can anyone tell me how to insert the little awards on to my signature?

When i go to upload an image its not giving me the option to browse my computer but is asking for a URL link. Confused:confused:

Using the google chrome or firefox browers, I just right click on an image on a website with the pictures and click "open image in new tab". I then right click and select "copy image" then paste into my signature. Hope this helps!

Hi Tracey, hope you're ok :) xx

Back