Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

We went for 6 months. We're each different hun so it's whatever makes you happy but it seems that your job really doesn't at least. Why not invest the time in looking for something else now that your planning to stay in Ireland. It may take a while but at least your earning whilst you look. I've learnt the hard way that a job you hate, no matter how much you try to ignore it, has a way of effecting your moments away from the office. And there's nothing worse than dreading going into work.

Tbh even if OH hadn't got to go back to work we probably still would have gone as it was our last chance for adventure before buying the house and having to commit to a place and eventually a baby. But that's just us so I can understand why that doesn't appeal to everyone. I suppose my view is that if you both hate your jobs/flat and don't have any commitments then why not? But that could just be my reckless side talking. Overall I just say do what makes you happy whether that be in Ireland or Canada! Xx

Ah feck it anyway! I had a post written and then my boss walked in (I am bold I know) and I deleted it in a panic. Doh!

I am alive and well :) For once my lack of posting does not mean I've fallen off the wagon which is great. I ended up having 20 syns on Tuesday and 20 yesterday so today is really a day for trying to balance everything out.

We went to Michael Buble on Tuesday night and it was just amazing! The best part was the I won the tickets in a radio station competition in October, so it cost us nothing! As we went straight from work OH and I needed to grab dinner in town before the show. We opted for a noodle bar and I ordered something that resembled singapore noodles. It was quite greasy but I suppose that's what you get these days. I also had a bite of a spring roll. The rest of the day was good though. Overall I ended up with about 20 syns eaten which is really not that bad considering how bad it could have been. Usually I wouldn't bother even trying to syn a day like that but I think that's the way forward for me, it has to be done.

Yesterdays syns were about 20 too and that was purely due to a silly decision to have a packet of Tayto crisps (10) that I totally impulsively ate because I was upset. It was comfort eating at it's finest and I regretted it straight away. I didn't even enjoy them. The rest of my syns were on two icepops and a pink and white wafer, oh and popcorn in work. A very picky day as you can see. so another day where I had 5 excess syns.

I ended up coming home 'sick' from work yesterday which I NEVER do. I just got so stressed and upset and I honestly couldn't handle being in work, talking to my colleagues (all 1 of them) and customers. I felt really overwhelmed. It was a combination of hating my job and my boss being an absolute nightmare, then being really upset over the OH stuff regarding Canada (that was 90% the reason why I was upset). I said I was sick and went home, which lead to lying on the sofa eating Tayto crisps. Sad right? It didn't make me feel much better apart from a bit of house work I got done. Since then I've made peace with the whole situation and I am trusting things will all work out as they are meant to for us. He really reassured me after work that he would never go without me and that it's me he wants to be with. We spoke about other adventured we will have (the latest is plans to have an American adventure next summer and go to LA and Vegas - how exciting) and I just felt heaps better.

What I've realised lately is that I have become such a negative, depressive, whiney, bossy and NAG of a person and I do not like it. When I met OH I was happy, bubbly, full of life and energy. I've gradually become more and more anxious and a worry wart. I want to get back to the old me. Truth be told, a huge reason I get down is because I am not confident about myself. I hope weightloss will help me regain that confidence. Finding a job and home I love will also help. The big thing is that I am ALWAYS living in the future or the past, I never live in the moment. I want to be more mindful and wake up and smell the roses. 90% of the things I worry about don't happen so I am adopting the Law Of Attraction and focusing on what I do want.

Sorry to rant but as you all probably know this is more than just a food diary forum, and I love that. It's a great outlet and it's important to see the link between being overweight and real life. It's all connected!

Plan for today is to have 5 syns to try and balance things out for the week...

Breakfast - half a HexB portion of Fruit and Fibre (without the fruit as only the flakes came out when I poured, lol) and a big bowl of melon

Snack - banana

Lunch - SW friendly Enchiladas (HexA cheese and 2 syns to cover choritzo and faghita spice mix) with a pear 0% yoghurt and an apple a bit later before Zumba

Snack - Highfi light bar, rocky road one (other half of HexB)

Dinner - Roast chicken, roasted baby potatoes, lots of brocolli and green beans, gravy (2)

So that should be me for the day other than a cup of camomile tea before bed.

I forced myself to go to Zumba last night even though I was down in the dumps and as always I felt GREAT after it. Going again tonight and I'm sure I'll feel the same. The plan for the evening is dinner (about 9pm as we both get in late tonight) then a nice long shower, PJS, and reading my new SW magazine with a cup of camomile tea. Really looking forward to that point in the day.

So happy tomorrow is Friday. Staying in my nanny's tomorrow night but will be on plan of course, then Saturday night I am out for my cousins birthday and again it should be relatively on-plan (apart from wine, ooops). Sunday will be a chill-out day I would imagine.

Below are photos of the Noodle dish I had on Tuesday before the concert, and then Monday night's dinner which was OH's amazing veg and choritzo cassarole served with 2.5 syns of Gnocchi and some HexA cheese. SO GOOD and full of superfree (peppers, courgette, chickpeas, garlic, chopped tomatoes).

image-2472037976.jpg

image-2009561017.jpg

Last edited:
Hello lovely one! So sorry to hear work has been rubbish again - I really do feel for you. Definitely think you should look for something else as places like that don't change and eventually eat away at your confidence and general happiness. My old job turned me into a miserable, negative, terrified mouse of a person and it was awful, but it hasn't taken long at my new place for those feelings to start to shift and I'm finding myself again.

Well jel of your Bublé experience - I love him! Saw him a few years back and he was amazing! And you did really well to only go 5 syns over - you can totally balance that out.

What day are you weighing in now? I can't remember!

Hope you have a much better day today honey xxx

Hello lovely one! So sorry to hear work has been rubbish again - I really do feel for you. Definitely think you should look for something else as places like that don't change and eventually eat away at your confidence and general happiness. My old job turned me into a miserable, negative, terrified mouse of a person and it was awful, but it hasn't taken long at my new place for those feelings to start to shift and I'm finding myself again.

Well jel of your Bublé experience - I love him! Saw him a few years back and he was amazing! And you did really well to only go 5 syns over - you can totally balance that out.

What day are you weighing in now? I can't remember!

Hope you have a much better day today honey xxx

Thanks Doll, great to see your lovely face here again :)

Yes I am starting to realise that it's time to look elsewhere. I don't know what I want to do though so need to make it worthwhile. I worked in a theatre for 5 years and I LOVED it but it was evening work and I had no life at all, plus I was earning less than half of what I earn now because it was part-time. A full time job has allowed me to move in with OH and have more holidays so it has it's pluses for sure.

I weigh on Monday's hun, and I am back at meetings too which is great! which reminds me, must change my stats to show my 4 pound weightloss last week. I finally feel properly in the zone again. It's a great feeling!

x

Ooh I'm a Monday weigher too. Nice to have a buddy for it :)

How about looking at theatre companies where you could have a day job? My uncle used to be financial director of the English National Ballet and I did some work experience with their marketing team when I was younger - it was amazing. Something like that could be great? Or anything in the entertainment space maybe? Publishing and events are great fun - I've worked in both :) xx

Ooh I'm a Monday weigher too. Nice to have a buddy for it :)

How about looking at theatre companies where you could have a day job? My uncle used to be financial director of the English National Ballet and I did some work experience with their marketing team when I was younger - it was amazing. Something like that could be great? Or anything in the entertainment space maybe? Publishing and events are great fun - I've worked in both :) xx

I'll definitely keep those in mind. Thanks :D I need to get over it I know but I just can't imagine working anywhere else other than the theatre I worked in. I absolutely adored it. Unfortunately there is no office job there for me. I've been told I'm first in line if one comes about but I ain't holding my breath either you know. I must start researching and see what's out there!

Thanks for the boost hun, can't wait to have my mojo back :) I want to be proud of where I work again. I miss that feeling!

Hope today is bearable at work honey. It's nearly the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!!!! xx
Hey Pretty Lady,

Crazy busy day in work so it flew in. I got a few minutes in the sun too which feels great!

Just about to leave and I'm off to see Hairspray the musical. Yipee!

Hope you enjoy your evening with your friend tonight xxxx :eek:

Rushing out of work here so just a quick post really. I had a lovely lunch today, primarily of fruit, and I really enjoyed it. Perfect for this weather.
I got a surprise call today from a friend with free tickets to see HAIRSPRAY the musical tonight, so I'm going after work. I'll be staying in my nanny's tonight (we take turns minding her while my aunt is away) so I won't be going out or anything after. My cousin is driving. I'm planning some nice treats that are within my syns, though they may be slightly exceeding them... I think it's OK though because I've been so good last two days with superfree and guzzling the water.

Here is how today looks, at this point anyway...

Breakfast - Melon
Lunch - apple slices and grape, blueberries/strawberries, a danio 0% (1) and a mugshot I really enjoyed it.
Snack - an orange and an apple
Dinner - at my nan's before the show - mushroom savoury rice (1.5)
At the show - packet of popcorn (6.5), diet coke, curly wurly (6) and some sort of ice-cream that's about 5 syns... Yep so that brings me to about 18 syns today but I'm honestly OK with that...

Still have a HexB to play with so when I get in from the show I might have a slice of toast with some cheese (HexA) or something.

All in all another good day, and who's gonna cry over going over my syns by 3? I'm honestly not worries considering the plans and how bad it could be if I didn't 'plan'.

Have a great weekend everyone xxxx

Totally feel for you love! Absolutely hated my job and manager constantly on my case, so mentally draining. But yesterday I handed in my notice and will be starting a new job! If it can work out for me, it will for you too! Xx

Hey :)

Oh how optimistic! What were you working at and what's the new job? I bet it felt amazing handing in your notice. Are you delighted??

What a great weekend ?

I'm just settling down to a bit of tv now. New episode of The Kardashians in a few minutes. I love that show.

I had such a fab weekend. It wasn't really on-plan but I am hoping it wasn't bad enough to un-do my good work. Yesterday was mainly off-plan and I would have been waaay over my syns. Friday I would have been over my syns too, but not by a crazy amount. Maybe by 10 or so... Yesterday was a right-off though - meal out, cocktails, wine, then take away chinese at 4am. Bold bold bold, but a great night and I don't do it every weekend.

Today has been good and I have consciously made sure it was a good one. My weigh-in is tomorrow so please God I will still get a loss as overall I was about 80% good this week. Time will tell I suppose, but I actually feel really good :)

This is how today looked...

Breakfast - hexb wholemeal pitta with a 'fried' egg, bacon, lettuce, light mayo (.5), ketchup (.5) and a grilled tomato.

Snack - popcorn (5) glenisk low fat apple yoghurt (2) and fruit salad

Dinner - baby potatoes with choritzo (1) chilli, garlic, cheese (2) and BBQ sauce (.5) with brocolli and asparagus

HexA - 250ml milk in tea/coffee
HexB - wholemeal pitta bread

Syns - 11.5/15

I had hoped to be under 10 syns but I did pretty good overall and I could have treated it as a 'hangover' day and been reckless. I'm glad I didn't.

My dinner was so tasty

image-1057439918.jpg

Some photos from last night

image-51917969.jpg

image-1787538032.jpg

image-2063384849.jpg

The salad I had in the restaurant last night. It was so gorgeous. Smoked duck, baked fig, pomegranate, red onion, radish, and rocket. Yum!

image-3905131490.jpg

You look gorgeous hun! Love the dress :) Food looks fab too and sounds like you made really good choices when you could too.

Good luck for WI today xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You look gorgeous hun! Love the dress :) Food looks fab too and sounds like you made really good choices when you could too.

Good luck for WI today xx

Thanks babe. Bit nervous but hopefully it will be OK. I'd LOVE 1.5 pound but in truth I will be happy with anything that's a loss because I did have an indulgent weekend. Hoping a little bit of care will have made a difference though. Really looking forward to my dinner already, SW enchiladas, yum!!

Thanks, I actually felt really good going out for the first time in ages. Amazing what a few pounds can do for your confidence eh? They were my first time wearing the shoes though, and the heel snapped, at bloody 4am getting on the bloomin' bus. What are the chances? I wasn't a happy camper but hoping I can treat myself to a nice pair in September as August is a no-disposable-cash month with London and Spain.

Thanks for all the support xxx

I am actually so unbelievably hungry today. I generally eat quite little on weigh-in days but today I am STARVING.

Breakfast was bran flakes and light milk. Lunch was a mugshot and fruit salad. Filled me for about an hour but now I am just tummy rumbling.

Should be leaving work in next 20 mins and it's home, prepare dinner, shower and out to weigh-in. Will bring a hifi light bar with me to have with a coffee. Dinner should be as simple as turning the oven on for 10 mins to heat it up. Making SW enchiladas with chicken, choritzo, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and HexA cheese. Can't wait!

looking forward to snuggling up to 90210 tonight :)

Fantastic news about feeling good about yourself this weekend. You should - you look gorgeous! You're right though, even a small difference on the scales, with the right dress, can make you feel a million dollars! Nightmare with the shoes but at least it was on the war home!

Fingers crossed for WI tonight hun! :) xx

P.s. those enchiladas sound awesome! I'll have to give those a go xx

Fantastic news about feeling good about yourself this weekend. You should - you look gorgeous! You're right though, even a small difference on the scales, with the right dress, can make you feel a million dollars! Nightmare with the shoes but at least it was on the war home!

Fingers crossed for WI tonight hun! :) xx

P.s. those enchiladas sound awesome! I'll have to give those a go xx

You should definitely try them hun. They are so so gorgeous! Made them last night and had them for dinner today. More like a mexican chicken lasagne but all the elements o enchiladas. Nom nom nom!:D

Back