Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

You should definitely try them hun. They are so so gorgeous! Made them last night and had them for dinner today. More like a mexican chicken lasagne but all the elements o enchiladas. Nom nom nom!:D

I've got some chicken in the freezer - am gonna get it out and make it for tomorrow's dinner I think. Yum yum yum!!

How was your day?xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Everyone.

2 days down 3 to go, woohoo! But who is counting right? ;) I must start making some sort of fun plan for the weekend. We are thinking about a cinema trip, or possibly a day out. I'll put the feelers out there.

I've had the weirdest day ever. Done very little work and just daydreamed and read stuff most of the day. I am very bold! I'm in great form though. Is it bad that I kind of want the weather to change for a few days? I am finding it so hard to sleep at the moment with the humidity, like almost impossible. I am just finding the heat a bit much and it's making work, sleep, and pretty much everything more difficult. Just cool enough to snuggle under the duvet as opposed to naked starfish every night!! haha

Weigh-in last night went great. I was down 1 pound. I was very happy with that considering my weekend was very synful. Just goes to show what can be achieved when you are good the other days and make an extra effort the day after. I am aiming big this week though and I really want a weightloss of 3+ pounds. I plan to have less than 10 syns per day and have a really good weekend that is 100% on-plan, or as close to it as possible.

Yestersday's food diary was...

breakfast - brank flakes and milk (HexB and half HexA)
Lunch - mug shot and fruit salad
at SW - a coffee (hexa)
Dinner - SW Enchiladas (1.5) with cheese on top (4)
Snack after - packet of popcorn (5) a freddo bar (5) and a cool pop (.5)

Syns - 16

Wow, thought that would be worse because I totally forgot that I had already had my HexA and wouldn't need to syn the cheese in my dinner. Happy days!

Just leaving work and not starving but will be by the time dinner is ready. Pasta me thinks!

*skips off*

I'm definitely on the countdown. We have a lovely but busy weekend planned, and I can't wait! What do you fancy seeing at the cinema?

Sounds like you've been on fab form today! There's nothing wrong with a little work daydreaming :) and congrats on WI m- that's a really good result.

Enjoy your dinner hun xx

I'm definitely on the countdown. We have a lovely but busy weekend planned, and I can't wait! What do you fancy seeing at the cinema?

Sounds like you've been on fab form today! There's nothing wrong with a little work daydreaming :) and congrats on WI m- that's a really good result.

Enjoy your dinner hun xx

Thanks hun! I'm not too sure what we will see in the cinema, maybe the new one with the guy from Social Network. That looks good! We might go to Nandos too which will be lovely and easy to syn.

My daydreaming yesterday meant double the work today lol. Hopefully by lunch time tomorrow I'll have nearly caught up!

What are your plans for the weekend? x

Nandos is awesome on plan. Haven't been for ages actually!

I'm off to a birthday party on Saturday - my friend's little girl turns 1! Then catching up with other friends in the evening. Then on Sunday we're going to the Olympic stadium to watch some athletics. Can't wait :)

Glad you've caught up with work. I can't believe it's Thursday again tomorrow! Whoop whoop xx

Nandos is awesome on plan. Haven't been for ages actually!

I'm off to a birthday party on Saturday - my friend's little girl turns 1! Then catching up with other friends in the evening. Then on Sunday we're going to the Olympic stadium to watch some athletics. Can't wait :)

Glad you've caught up with work. I can't believe it's Thursday again tomorrow! Whoop whoop xx

Sounds like a great weekend you've got planned! Enjoy it love.

Nandos is great, so low in syns! xx

I keep thinking I've posted her when I haven't, maybe I'm losing it? LOL.

All is well with me and Slimming World. I haven't quite kept to the under 10 syns a day vow but I have been within 15 syns every day, usually bang on 15 actually. I purposely wanted to have less yesterday and today to kind of balance things a little bit. This is how yesterday looked...

Breakfast - fresh pineapple and a 0% pineapple yoghurt

Lunch - apple and grapes, blueberries and strawberries, danio 0% (1) and 4 Ryvita type things (high in fibre so HexB tweak) with 2 low low cheese triangles (HexA) and 1 tablespoon of jam (1)

Snack - an apple, 2 cool pops (2) I am currently loving the big coolpops I got in Aldi, and they are only 18 calories. So nice in this warm weather. I can never only seem to have one though... chicken and mushroom mugshot

Dinner - I made a mushroom risotto which was lovely but it just always takes so bloody long to cook. I was stirring and watching it for over an hour, so much so that I didn't have time to eat it and had to run off to Zumba so had a mugshot instead. Ended up having my actual dinner at 10pm. It had courgette, garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms and then 10g parmesan (2). I also had two Onion Bhajis made with chickpeas, onion, 1 egg and curry powder. They were nice but next time I'll use 2 eggs as they were too crumbley and didn't hold together quite as well as I wanted.

I felt a bit yucky eating dinner so late but what can ya do. My week days are just so busy and jam-packed that I've accepted that eating late is my only option most days. Hopefully it won't cause too much harm!

HexA - 2 low low cheese triangles (tweak but surely they are equivalent to laughing cow?)
HexB - 2 high fibre rye cracker thingies (like thinner ryvita from Aldi)

Syns - 6

Quite happy with how low I kept the syns.

Today is a bit uncertain because I'm not sure what's for dinner but it will most likely be some sort of pasta dish. Possibly carbonarra actually as OH is going to Aldi so can ask him to pick up some sort of Philadelphia equivalent. Have the parmesan and bacon so makes sense I suppose! Either that or egg fried rice. Either way it'll be mostly free with 2 syns max.

Today's eatables...

Breakfast - melon (it was dry and not very flavourful boo hoo) and half a hi fi light bar (1.5)

Lunch - Mushroom soup that OH made. So nice! It's the Jamie Oliver recipe where he used rice instead of cream to make it creamy. Really lovely! Awful colour but tasted great. Had it with 4 Ryvita thingies (HexB) and 2 low low triangles (HexA) and two of them with jam (1)

Snack - apple and 0% pineapple yoghurt (about to scoff this now before Zumba)

Dinner - Possible carbonara or egg fried rice, let's say 2 syns either way just to be sure. After dinner I'll probably have a cool pop, and that's it! A herbal tea because I don't want to use syns on milk.

HexA - 2 low low triangles
HexB - 4 Ryvita thingies

Syns - 4.5

Another great day! I'm having a night in with my sister tomorrow and we're going to get a chinese so I'll probably get a chicken and veg black bean dish with boiled rice (7) and then I'll probably have some sort of chocolate (5) and maybe a packet of popcorn (5 if I bring my own ones, 6.5 if I don't..) that means tomorrow will be probably closer to 20 syns but I've only had roughly 5 each day for the past two days so hopefully it will be OK.

Off to Zumba xxx

Hello gorgeous! Happy Friday!

You haven't said much about work this week so hopefully it's been a bit better?

Sounds like you've had a good but busy few days! What Jamie book is the soup recipe from? I'd really like to make some soup for next week and love the idea of using rice to get a lovely creamy texture. I'm so obsessed with his risotto at the moment - think I'm going to make it again when we have friends over on Monday. The one I make only takes about half an hour so not too long stirring and supervising it!

Enjoy your night in tonight - takeaway and nibbles sound heavenly! xx

Mine was amazing too! I was really good on Saturday, despite the temptation of a childrens' party! But yesterday was a very synful but incredible day at the Olympic Park with Dave and my parents. It was worth every single calorie, though!

You back on it today? I'm doing serious damage control as it's my last pre-birthday WI on Saturday so I've only got 5 days to see a pesky 9 on those scales! xx

What a great weekend I just had! I was definitely off-track in terms of Slimming World but I'm not going to beat myself up about it because that's when I end up going off the rails. I was relaxed and had what I wanted and as a result I won't get the weightloss I was after, but that's OK. I am looking at this as a life-long thing so I know it will happen eventually. I need to just move on straight away when these things happen.

Friday night was a girly sleepover with my sister. We stayed in my nanny's and we stayed up till 6am talking. It was so great to catch up. She is 20 and since I've moved out we have became so much closer. We are inseparable now and we talk about absolutely everything. I just adore her. We had a fab night. We got a chinese which would have used up all of my syns, but I also had a few other bits so I would have been way over. The next day we had more chats and a few chocolate biscuits. I then met my friend and had half a scone and a greek yoghurt (the really creamy fattening ones from m&s). Later that day I had a Nandos which wouldn't be too bad and then some cinema popcorn. Again, not good. Yesterday was the best day in general but still not great. We had dinner at my boyfriend's parents house and it was a roast with SW potatoes but also potato gratin, lots of stuffing and a fattening gravy. I ate so much and it was so beyond delicious. It was roast rib of beef on the bone, a real treat. After dinner I had a magnum which was also horrifically synful, but so tasty.

All in all I was completely off-track this weekend but I refuse to let it slip in to this week. I am going to London for the weekend so I want to do as much as I can now to give myself a boost before then.

Who knows what will happen at weigh-in. What's done is done and I'll just take it as it comes! Simples!:)

What a great weekend I just had! I was definitely off-track in terms of Slimming World but I'm not going to beat myself up about it because that's when I end up going off the rails. I was relaxed and had what I wanted and as a result I won't get the weightloss I was after, but that's OK. I am looking at this as a life-long thing so I know it will happen eventually. I need to just move on straight away when these things happen.

Friday night was a girly sleepover with my sister. We stayed in my nanny's and we stayed up till 6am talking. It was so great to catch up. She is 20 and since I've moved out we have became so much closer. We are inseparable now and we talk about absolutely everything. I just adore her. We had a fab night. We got a chinese which would have used up all of my syns, but I also had a few other bits so I would have been way over. The next day we had more chats and a few chocolate biscuits. I then met my friend and had half a scone and a greek yoghurt (the really creamy fattening ones from m&s). Later that day I had a Nandos which wouldn't be too bad and then some cinema popcorn. Again, not good. Yesterday was the best day in general but still not great. We had dinner at my boyfriend's parents house and it was a roast with SW potatoes but also potato gratin, lots of stuffing and a fattening gravy. I ate so much and it was so beyond delicious. It was roast rib of beef on the bone, a real treat. After dinner I had a magnum which was also horrifically synful, but so tasty.

All in all I was completely off-track this weekend but I refuse to let it slip in to this week. I am going to London for the weekend so I want to do as much as I can now to give myself a boost before then.

Who knows what will happen at weigh-in. What's done is done and I'll just take it as it comes! Simples!:)

Enjoy London. I just love it up there, my hub is a Londoner and comes complete with cockney Accent.. Always tease say he's my bit of rough cause I've been told my Zimbabwean accent very posh lol x

Well done!

Thanks for all the well done comments, I am delighted! It was a huge surprise and just goes to show you how being good Mon-Fri plus two Zumba classes really did make a difference even though I had a naughty weekend.

Happy as a pig in s***e now :)

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - bran flakes with low fat milk
lunch - mug shot, wholemeal ryvita, laughing cow cheese, apples and grapes and 0% danio (1)
Dinner - No idea as it will be in my nanny's house.

Determined to be as good as possible between now and Saturday! Any recommendations for restaurants in London?

I can make lots of suggestions for London - whereabouts will you be/do you want to be and what sort of food floats your boat? xx

Back