Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

I can make lots of suggestions for London - whereabouts will you be/do you want to be and what sort of food floats your boat? xx

Hooray :D

Well we're staying in a hotel near Earls Court metro station, Kensington I believe?

We're doing all the touristy things like the red bus, the boat cruise thingy, and seeing a West End Show so we're not limited to one particular area but wherever is along those lines and central-ish. We like all types of food so anything that would be tasty and proper good food with good reviews but not Michelin Star.. we love Italian, Thai, Mexican, Steak House, BBQ places... All places really! Open to all suggestions! Thanks :)

Aww that will be awesome! Love touristy weekends!

Ok, let me have a little think and I'll send you some ideas.

Not a restaurant, but definitely worth going for a drink is the Windows bar at the Hilton Park Lane. Cocktails are about £15 each, which isn't cheap, but it's on the 29th floor of the hotel and the panoramic views of London, especially at night, are absolutely incredible. That's on my 'must do' list when we have a night away. xx

Aww that will be awesome! Love touristy weekends!

Ok, let me have a little think and I'll send you some ideas.

Not a restaurant, but definitely worth going for a drink is the Windows bar at the Hilton Park Lane. Cocktails are about £15 each, which isn't cheap, but it's on the 29th floor of the hotel and the panoramic views of London, especially at night, are absolutely incredible. That's on my 'must do' list when we have a night away. xx

£15 for ONE cocktail???? :eek:
That's like €17/€18 holy crap. Do they come with a back massage? That is insane! I bet the views are unbelievable though. Who knows, maybe I'll be sipping ridiculously expensive beverages there at the weekend. Unlikely if they are so expensive though. My God I can't believe that! I do really enjoy going to fancy places though... Having said that I'm not planning to bring overly fancy outfits. No heels even! OH and I will be walking a lot so heels won't be fun. I'm thinking ankle boots with tights and cute dressed, or maybe sandals if the weather is nice. I'm hoping to buy a couple of pairs of sandals while I'm there because I have none now that I've worn my two pairs so much over the past 6 weeks (thank you good weather) and I find Primark in the UK much better than Penneys (Irish version) here! Right now our Penneys doesn't have a pair of flipflops or a pair of sunglasses like :rolleyes:

Hooray :D

Well we're staying in a hotel near Earls Court metro station, Kensington I believe?

OMG if you're staying in Kensington you HAVE to visit Wholefoods market!!! Its a beautiful rustic supermarket with pretty much all organic stuff. I haven't been in a while and I'm planning on going sometime in August, can't wait. You'll love it!

OMG if you're staying in Kensington you HAVE to visit Wholefoods market!!! Its a beautiful rustic supermarket with pretty much all organic stuff. I haven't been in a while and I'm planning on going sometime in August, can't wait. You'll love it!

Oh I might just do that Honey. Sounds right up my street. Literally! haha

Here to subscribe :)

Welcome :D

Here I am to confess my naughtiness. I've had two days where I've been completely off-plan. I go to London on Saturday and the whole weekend will be more or less off-plan (within reason) so I really need to try and keep today and tomorrow as good as possible. It's not easy though when my boss is away, I got paid, no weigh-in for two weeks, and I'm in holiday mode now too. A few pounds gain will definitely ensure by Tuesday morning so I'm hoping if I'm super good all next week, like super super good, I can either maintain or lose even 1 pound. I'd be delighted if I did!

Today has been better than the past two days, but still not very good. I did go to Zumba last night though so atleast that's something. I'm also drinking loads of water! Trying to look at the positives but anyway...

Today is looking like this...

Breakfast - branflakes and semi-skimmed milk (HexA and HexB)
Snack - Apple and grapes
Lunch - Pre-packed sandwich BLT - God knows how many syns - probably at least 20 Danio 0% (1) a nutra-grain elevenses bar (????) packet of trebble crunch (5) and orange juice (2)

OK I take it back, what I thought was an OKish day is actually about 40 syns and it's only 3pm! Uuuugh

See this is my problem, I go in to 'holiday mode' and my diet goes out the window. I'm really annoyed with myself over it. I'll try and be on-plan for the rest of the day but I've said that already this week. I really want to enjoy London but at the same time I want to have 'nice' meals and have my fruit, veg and superfree. I don't want to take the absolute mic basically. I've discovered that crisps and chocolate are my weakness and I should just stay away from crisps completely!!!!

Sounds weird but these times actually teach me a lot and make me realise my weaknesses. Three days ago I was SO happy I was down 2 pounds, and then I just went off the rails because I knew I didn't have a weigh-in this week with being in London. This is a big problem for me. Weigh-ins should not dictate how good I am.

Thing is, all this bad food is making me actually feel really crappy. I don't know if it's related but I feel unbelievably tried today. It's not even 3pm and my eyes keep closing and I am constantly yawning. I need a coffee... and nope I don't have my HexA so that's more syns.

I refuse to not learn from this! Let's see how the next few days go, but I really am 'aware' of where I'm going wrong here. No more crisps and chocolate for me, even in London.

Oh dear, try not to worry too much, I'm sure you'll get back on plan soon. We've all been there.

The non-SW food might have something to do with you feeling tired but it's a vicious circle I find, you eat badly, feel rubbish so eat even more rubbish! I'm sure you'll have a good day tomorrow to make you feel before heading to London on Saturday x

why not just weigh in at home instead? at least then you know you still have the face the scales so it may help you get some control back. In future holiday situations, just think of it as damage limitation in the lead up - if you stick to plan then you know you can have the weekend 'off' and hope for a maintain rather than having the whole week off and facing a gain. I hope you have a lovely time in London and manage to get the control back once you're home xx

Hey hun how's it all going? How was London?

Hi Everyone,

Just catching up on all your diaries here, it's great reading.

I have just returned from more or less a month of holidaying and celebrations between London, Spain and the weeks that preceded them and followed them. This seems to be the trend for me, I got a bit awol and then I am sort of in denial for a week and then I weigh myself, get a fright and realise what I need to do. It's probably the reason why I've been in and around the same weight for the past three years. How depressing! At least I'm no bigger though, that's something!

So I weighed myself this morning and, well, got a fright. So here I am ready to immerse myself back in to the healthy ways of life. Truth be told I actually really really miss it. Holidays was... holidays - lots of wine, loads of bread, chips and generally stodgy fatty foods. I missed vegetables a lot. Since I got back I've acted as though I were still on holiday eating take-aways, cakes, really terribly fattening things. Up until yesterday I actually felt OK though (the denial phase) but then weighed myself and I am 15 stone 3 pounds which means a gain of about 10 pounds in the past 5 weeks. Completely deserved though! I weighed myself this morning and decided to face the music. All in all it's ONLY 10 pounds and I could easily lose that in a month.

I've sort of quit the 'challenge' because it was just too much. I know I put myself out there very publically but it made it even harder. I raised €1000 and I did something decent so all is not lost. But what I really want is to get in to the rhythm of losing weight. I need to. If for nothing else then for my health. I want to be a healthy person. I don't have unrealistic expectations but a couple of stone would be amazing and would make a huge difference. I'll never be an exercise person but I love Zumba so the combination of my two Zumba classes and sticking to Slimming World as best as I can should definitely lead to that. I am putting less pressure on myself in terms of dates, figures etc but I am DOING it and that will be the difference.

My plan is to loosely follow SW for the rest of this week and start fresh on Monday with being really good. I'm still a bit out of sorts since returning from Spain on Sunday. I cooked my first meal in THREE WEEKS yesterday and it was a jarred sauce, so that'll tell you. It felt good to chop vegetables though. So I am weaning myself back on to the healthy ways of life. I am by no means back on plan but I am getting there and it feels good to be back. Really want to get rid of that 10 pounds by the end of September for my birthday. That's a good goal to have. I'll be going back to SW classes on Monday week.

So far today I've had a bowl of 'maple and pecan crunch' which is a cereal that I'm sure is very high in syns and sugar but it is SO good. It's like a really crunchy Granola and I just love it. I first tried the Tesco one but now I've found an Aldi version and it's even nicer. I must work out the syns or see if it can be even somewhat incorporated because I really enjoy it. Anyone got any info?

For lunch I went to the local deli where most days I've been getting a roll with breaded chicken, cheese, crisps and a ridiculously fattening cake made of caramel, chocolate and biscuit. Today I wanted to go for something a bit healthier so I went for a brown roll with ham, cheese, sundried tomatoes, lettuce, onion and mayo. Man, I really really enjoyed it. It wasn't as stodgy. It was fresh and delicious. The roll was a normal sized roll and hardly healthy but in this weaning stage it is a LOT better than what I have been getting. The roll had Dubliners cheese on it which is my absolute favourite. Instead of full-fat crisps and cake with it I just had a 99 calorie bag of Treble Crunch crisps and loads of water. I feel a lot better about it because I know how I'd be feeling had I went for the usual bold choices.

I haven't been to Zumba in a MONTH. I can't wait for it tonight. I mean I'm dreading it from a 'i'm too lazy and just wanna go home and do nothing' point of view but I'm so excited to see my teacher, see my cousin who I go with, and have that great feeling where you sweat buckets and just have fun. I'm sure I'll find it tough but it has to be done.

Peter's making dinner tonight and my brother is coming over for some too. We're having roast chicken, veg, roast potatoes and gravy. Another good meal!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi there. It sounds like you've had a fantastic few weeks and 10lb is nothing really, you'll have that off in no time.

I looked up the cereal for you and it's 6 syns for 25g of both the Tesco and Aldi versions.

I hope you enjoy Zumba tonight and your lovely healthy (and SW friendly!) meal x

Hello lovely lady!

I'm totally feeling your pain - I've had a month off celebrating my birthday and even when I wasn't at parties or weekends away or whatever, we were eating takeaways, having naughty pudding and snacking on biccies and chocolate. I have no idea why I let myself get so carried away and, like you, I really miss the structure of SW. Really looking forward to getting back on it.

I've put 7lbs on over the last month and I've decided to drop my target by 3lbs so I've got a stone to lose now. I don't want to set myself an unrealistic date to get there by, but we will be going on holiday mid-November so that's the plan. And to keep it off until we go away for Christmas.

We can totally do this together :) xxx

xxx

Hey hun how are you getting on? Xx

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support and for asking me how I've been getting on. To cut it short, basically not good. Fell off the wagon, holidays, work, excuses, the usual. Well I am back now and am moving away from focusing on a particular goal. I just want to move closer to health and happiness. Even if that's 2 stone. I'll be a lot happier knowing I've improved my health and feeling tonnes better. I am doing the plan myself for another 2 weeks and then re-joining when I get paid. I hope to have a really good two weeks. The plan is to just make it 'normal' again and make choices no matter what, even if I am out. When I first joined SW two years ago, I was on FIRE! I want to get back there. So here we are, back to basics. I spent yesterday making dinner to freeze so we are sorted for the entire week now. I made a curry which is totally syn free, a chilli con carne which isn't free but full of veg and made with extra lean mince (we needed to use up a jar of sauce, it's €80 calories per serving so I'll give it 4 syns. I feel so organised and prepared now and that really is key.

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - HexB Porridge oats with Muller Light to make 'Magic Porridge'. Fresh Pineapple.
Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bread (8) with light mayo (.5) chicken, peppers and lettuce with half hexA cheese.
Dinner - Syn Free curry with peppers, mushroom, onion, garlic, spinach, chickpeas, chicken, peas an chopped tomatoes - served with boiled rice.

Snack - Velvet Crunch (4) a plat peach and a cool pop (.5) and two teas with rest of HexA for milk.

Syns - 13/15

Seems like a waste of 8 syns on the bread, but really I am OK with it because I need a filling breakfast and I don't always have time to make a lunch that's more adventurous so this will fill me, has fibre, superfree and is quick to prepare.

Feeling positive and ready to do this properly. xx

Hello lovely,

Really great to have you back and sounding so positive - I've missed you! I haven't long been back on plan myself after my very indulgent birthday month! Had a wobbly weekend with too much wine and a few naughty treats but feeling motivated today and looking forward to the week ahead. We can totally do this :)

xx

Ditto on nice to see you back posting. I've started to keep an eye on cals and portion control as I was still being a glutton on Sw lol.

Back