Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Pudders said:
Possibly a little inappropriate but my mum just bought a shiny new car... she's bright red, very gorgeous amd her name is "slut"....lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol, I like it. My daughter might be a bit put out if I called it something like that - there's nothing as prudush as teenagers when it comes to their parents being rude and embarrassing them! :D xx

Lexie2005 said:
I can't wait to embarrass my boy!!!

Lol, Kathryn is so easy to embarrass! :D

Got the car - told Kathryn it was Bessie which perplexed her no end; she wants to call it Mildred! :) xx

Here's Bessie!

1401958028461.jpg

She's not much, but after months of relying on others for lifts, she's the best car in the world to me, lol.

:) xx

What a difference clothes make! For a while now I've been wearing size 14 trousers to work, and they fit fine on the waist, but are really big on the hips and legs, because of my lovely apple shape, lol. So last week I ordered myself some stretchy black trousers in size 12, to get over my peculiar shape problems! Today was my first day back at work after my op, so I put my new trousers on, which fit comfortably all over, due to being a stretch fabric. I modelled them for Kathryn, who said "They're nice Mum, but (actually wagging her finger at me) you mustn't lose any more weight! I mean it!!". So I'm being nagged by a 14 year-old, lol. Then I went off to work (in Bessie, yay!), and was met with a whole deluge of comments along the same lines - "You've lost a load more weight" (I haven't), "You don't need to lose any more weight", "You have stopped losing weight now, haven't you??". Even a senior manager who isn't in my department told me, you guessed it, I really mustn't lose any more weight! He also asked me what my secret was, lol. Don't get me wrong, these are all lovely people and good friends, who've been endlessly supportive of me, so I was more amused than put out. But this was basically all down to a better fitting pair of trousers!! It was just a bit bizarre! :D xx

Last edited:
That's a good day right there! :) lol... consider yourself an official size 12 by the sounds of it! :) Well done you!! Xxx

Pudders said:
That's a good day right there! :) lol... consider yourself an official size 12 by the sounds of it! :) Well done you!! Xxx

Thanks, Laura! :) It was just strange, because although I've had people occasionally saying that to me before, today it was just loads of them, lol. It's not like I'm in any danger of going too far, I still weigh 11 stone, but it seems like I look slimmer than I feel - I suppose being tall contributes to that. :) xx

Bessie is fab!!!! And I got the exact same comments when I went to work in a pair that fitted smaller the other week, my nickname is skinny Minnie which makes me laugh a lot as I weigh eleven & a half stone & am a 14/16 how is that skinny???????

Lexie2005 said:
Bessie is fab!!!! And I got the exact same comments when I went to work in a pair that fitted smaller the other week, my nickname is skinny Minnie which makes me laugh a lot as I weigh eleven & a half stone & am a 14/16 how is that skinny???????

Lol, I'm so glad it's not just me! People were just used to seeing us bigger, I suppose. I do think my shape has changed as I've got older, which I believe is normal - I definitely have a smaller bum and legs, and they were always the slimmest bits of me anyway, so I think it's quite pronounced when I wear something fitted. But then I think when I wear clothes that are too big it looks even more like I'm wasting away, so I can't win! Bloody hell, listen to me, I never in a million years thought I'd have a "problem" like that!! :D

Bessie is going well, touch wood- she got me to work and back in fine style; I even had the air con on, lol. :) xx

Rachgleeson said:
Yay to new pants lol. You deserve all those comments for all the hard work you have put in. X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww, thanks Rachel! It's certainly a strange feeling, as I'm sure you'll find out yourself soon enough. :) xx

Well today I'm officially recording my weight as being in the 10s for the first time. I have been a tiny bit under 11 stone before, but it was right before my Easter break, which drove it away good and proper, lol. :D Since then I've bounced around slightly, with having my op and various family events, but today my weight was 69kg, which is just over 10st 12lbs. I've recorded it as 10st 13lbs though, as it seemed just a bit too good to be true! :) xx

Lexie2005 said:
Must be an amazing feeling honey well done xx

Thanks, Lexie! I must admit, when I started this I never in a million years thought I could ever be 10 stone something again, I was sure at my age I'd left that behind for good, lol. :) xx

Aww, thanks Rachel! It's certainly a strange feeling, as I'm sure you'll find out yourself soon enough. :) xx

I hope so. :)

Well done on getting into the 10's definitely has to be an amazing feeling. Xx

Rachgleeson said:
I hope so. :)

Well done on getting into the 10's definitely has to be an amazing feeling. Xx

You will, Rachel, I'm confident! :)

It is an amazing feeling, although I didn't dare tell Kathryn - she'd probably start trying to force feed me! :D xx

Back