Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Thank you! I really appreciate that - people on here have been so supportive, it's made such a difference to me. :) xx

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I look forward to minis every morning :D

Can I ask - how did you decide your goal weight?

I have been big my entire life and dont know what to aim for? Dont know how much my body will give up (I have never been smaller than a size 16 :sigh:).

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Definitely - Minis is fab!

I set my goal based on BMI, because although it's not an ideal measure, it is still something doctors use. I have a few health problems, and my personal goal was just to be able to go to the doctor's and them not be able to say I'm overweight! Purely personal to me, I'm not saying everyone should get to a healthy BMI, because it isn't really necessary. :) xx

Well done Tracy - it's an amazing feeling!! Just be careful.. Maintenance is the hardest bit - I have messed it ip big time! X

Definitely - Minis is fab!

I set my goal based on BMI, because although it's not an ideal measure, it is still something doctors use. I have a few health problems, and my personal goal was just to be able to go to the doctor's and them not be able to say I'm overweight! Purely personal to me, I'm not saying everyone should get to a healthy BMI, because it isn't really necessary. :) xx

Thanks Tracy!

I was always told to go on what you feel not what the numbers say. I remember way back in high school a gym instructor used to say the day I feel fit I should just accept my body and not overdo it.

Will get to target and then come back to you for inspiration :)

Rachgleeson said:
Oh wow tracy well done. I go missing for a while and look what you do. Massive congratulations! ! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww, thanks Rachel - it's good to have you back! :) xx

Well, today marks my 1,000th day since starting on MFP with the intention of getting my weight down. My starting weight was 301lbs, or 21st 7lbs, and today I weighed in at 155lbs (11st 1lb), so I suppose I pretty much achieved what I set out to do. It still feels pretty strange to have not only reached but passed my target weight loss, and I still can't allow myself to say that's it, I'm done, lol. I haven't reset my target weight - I'm leaving it at 11st 7lbs, but now see that as the maximum I'd want to weigh. If I lose another 5lbs, to get down to 10st 10lbs, I'll have halved my original weight, and that may be a good point at which to say enough is enough, especially as my daughter made me pinkie swear last week that I wouldn't lose any more weight! So that's what I currently have in mind.

I have another knee operation coming up on 8th May, which will be my third op in three years! I had my pre-op assessment the other day, and it was great to be told my BMI was in the green zone for a change. So having gone from morbidly obese, to obese, to overweight, to healthy over the course of the last 1,000 days, I'm pretty chuffed on the whole.

Here's to the next thousand days for us all!! :) xx

Lexie2005 said:
It should be the other way round mrs 50% weight loss xx

Not at all hon, you were one of the first people I saw posting a lot on here, and you were always so positive and supportive of others, and made me giggle with your tales of being the the Xen wagon driver! And running all those challenges that have helped give me focus along the way!! So you're definitely an inspiration to me and lots of others! :) xx

Rachgleeson said:
One word "inspirational" . Makes me think that maybe I can just do this. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks so much, Rachel, that's so lovely. I'm absolutely sure you can do it! You're doing so well, just keep believing you'll get there in the end, no matter what detours may happen along the way! :) xx

Aquasharine said:
Fantastic achievement Tracy and such an inspiration :). Totally life changing hey xx

Thank you Sharon, I really appreciate your support. It certainly has been life changing, I was telling the nurse at the hospital the other day about all the things that have improved because of losing weight, even if I'm not exactly the picture of good health, lol. :) xx

Not at all hon, you were one of the first people I saw posting a lot on here, and you were always so positive and supportive of others, and made me giggle with your tales of being the the Xen wagon driver! And running all those challenges that have helped give me focus along the way!! So you're definitely an inspiration to me and lots of others! :) xx

Aw thanks that brought a tear to my eye, I haven't set a new challenge but my problem is my laptop is playing up & if I edit from my iPhone or iPad it messes how it looks up, all the spaces between lines disappear & I can't cope with it

Lexie2005 said:
Aw thanks that brought a tear to my eye, I haven't set a new challenge but my problem is my laptop is playing up & if I edit from my iPhone or iPad it messes how it looks up, all the spaces between lines disappear & I can't cope with it

I mean it, hon, I see you as one of the real stalwarts on this forum, and I'm sure lots of others feel the same way. :) xx

I mean it, hon, I see you as one of the real stalwarts on this forum, and I'm sure lots of others feel the same way. :) xx

Thanks that is lovely of you to say. I admit I'm spending a lot of time on juddd/5:2 forum of late but xen will always be home x

Back