Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

You've just got to set yourself a realistic limit of weight that you simply will not allow yourself to go over, maybe 1/2 - 1 stone buffer. Which you can then shift again when you're back on you're feet zooming around the supermarkets :D

Thanks, hon, that's a good idea. I'm trying to stay as low as possible before the op so I do have that bit of leeway if I struggle afterwards. :) xx

Tracy good luck with the knee op - think it might be whilst Imam away x just off for two weeks today. The end result through the other side will make it worth it. You've dine fantastic with your weight loss - looking good xx

Tracy good luck with the knee op - think it might be whilst Imam away x just off for two weeks today. The end result through the other side will make it worth it. You've dine fantastic with your weight loss - looking good xx

Thanks, Sharon! :) I actually don't currently know when my op will be, as the original date has been cancelled due to "unforseen circumstances", so I'm waiting for a new date. Bit of a pain, but I can't do anything about it! :) xx

Aww no sorry to hear they have changed your op date, annoying when you get your head round something and start getting prepared and then it changes like that! Bless you hope you find out soon x

Aww no sorry to hear they have changed your op date, annoying when you get your head round something and start getting prepared and then it changes like that! Bless you hope you find out soon x

Thanks, hon, that's exactly how I felt - I knew what I was working towards, had told my boss etc., and now it's all up in the air again. Hey ho. :) xx

Honey you'll be absolutely fine you've got this! We all know what a strong person you are, not the sort who will use food as a painkiller & any small gain you have you'll knock on the head once you're more mobile xx

What *******! That is not fair aftr you got yourself so worked up! Argh! Can you contact them and try and push for a cancellation appt so you can try and get it done asap before you try talk yourself out of it?

What *******! That is not fair aftr you got yourself so worked up! Argh! Can you contact them and try and push for a cancellation appt so you can try and get it done asap before you try talk yourself out of it?

Lol, I did exactly that today. :D It was cancelled for the reason I suspected - the surgeon had booked holiday. But the waiting list lady said I could have it done by a different consultant, and I have no problem with that! So as far as I know, I'm now having it done on 14th November, just one day after my original date. I will have to go to meet the new surgeon beforehand, but that's fine. I can't have it done any sooner, because of having to leave it six months after my last op, because of the risk of infection. So, six weeks on Friday, fingers crossed!! :) xx

Lol, I did exactly that today. :D It was cancelled for the reason I suspected - the surgeon had booked holiday. But the waiting list lady said I could have it done by a different consultant, and I have no problem with that! So as far as I know, I'm now having it done on 14th November, just one day after my original date. I will have to go to meet the new surgeon beforehand, but that's fine. I can't have it done any sooner, because of having to leave it six months after my last op, because of the risk of infection. So, six weeks on Friday, fingers crossed!! :) xx

That's great news Tracy, good on you for chasing it up rather than just putting it to the back of your mind xx

Pro active chasing up always works! And woo! To having a date now. 6 weeks, it's so exciting!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Queenie! :) Definitely the right way to go about it :) It'll be all done before you know it - and you'll be all speedy gonzales! :) xx

How you doing Tracy you have been very quiet x

How you doing Tracy you have been very quiet x

Hiya! I'm pretty good thanks, just not very good at updating on my own thread, lol. :D

Six weeks tomorrow until my knee op, and I've had two appointments through to go to before then - getting sick of that hospital!! Kathryn had her spacers in yesterday, ready for her braces next week, so we're all about the medical procedures in this house at the moment! :D

Just watching Choccywoccydoodah at the moment - don't know why I do these things to myself! Mind you, it's not as bad as the Bake Off last night, there was some seriously delicious stuff going on there! :) xx

Hiya! I'm pretty good thanks, just not very good at updating on my own thread, lol. :D Six weeks tomorrow until my knee op, and I've had two appointments through to go to before then - getting sick of that hospital!! Kathryn had her spacers in yesterday, ready for her braces next week, so we're all about the medical procedures in this house at the moment! :D Just watching Choccywoccydoodah at the moment - don't know why I do these things to myself! Mind you, it's not as bad as the Bake Off last night, there was some seriously delicious stuff going on there! :) xx

Glad to hear you are well!!
Ooh you've just reminded me I recorded bake off gonna watch it now :) :)

Back