Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Stackhead said:
Plus Kathryn would kill you!

She would indeed, lol. :D She's on a health kick herself at the moment, actually, trying to lose some weight. Not that I ever see her, other than at the weekend - she's been living at my Dad's for ages!! :) xx

PrincessSparklePants said:
It's very true :) How are you lovely? :) xx

I'm ok thanks, Kym! I've had a very lazy day, watching lots of weight loss programmes, lol. Kathryn has actually come home briefly, having been practically living at my Dad's for months, because Paul has bought a PS3 game she wants to play with him! So I'm banished to my room, watching Biggest Loser on my laptop!! :D

How are you? :) xx

I've just been watching that weighing up the enemy, it's quite good tbf but I don't like Dr Christian I had him on Twitter and he was odd lol x

Can I ask how you guys manage a night out with drinks when you are calorie counting and so you do zig zag calorie counting like high days low days?

minimammy said:
Can I ask how you guys manage a night out with drinks when you are calorie counting and so you do zig zag calorie counting like high days low days?

Personally I don't drink - I view alcohol as a dreadful waste of calories, lol. :D I think probably the best bet is to drink spirits with diet mixers, rather than higher calorie things like wine or beer, but I'm afraid I'm no expert! :) xx

wafflewaffle said:
I've just been watching that weighing up the enemy, it's quite good tbf but I don't like Dr Christian I had him on Twitter and he was odd lol x

Yes I've been watching that too. I do quite like Dr Christian though, I must admit! I think it must have replaced Supersize vs Superskinny, as there's no sign of a new series of that. I'm watching Secret Eaters right now - it amazes me how clueless some of them are! I can honestly say I've always known exactly why I put weight on, but it seems some people don't. :) xx

Yes I've been watching that too. I do quite like Dr Christian though, I must admit! I think it must have replaced Supersize vs Superskinny, as there's no sign of a new series of that. I'm watching Secret Eaters right now - it amazes me how clueless some of them are! I can honestly say I've always known exactly why I put weight on, but it seems some people don't. :) xx

Aww I love supersize vs superskinny too! Do you have him on Twitter? I think it was just the prog he did about being gay that put me off, because of seeing him sick and stuff lol and you know by now what I'm like with sick haha.
I agree they are just in denial, I can't watch that one anymore coz it annoys me! How can you not know that you eat Mars bars n stuff in the car lol xx

I'm quite liking Weighing Up the Enemy. I stopped liking SSvSS when they changed it and only had them in the feeding clinic for 3 days instead of a full week.
Secret eaters does annoy me, like you Tracy I've always known was I was overweight. As my sister delightfully said to her doctor 'I like sandwiches!'

Personally I don't drink - I view alcohol as a dreadful waste of calories, lol. :D I think probably the best bet is to drink spirits with diet mixers, rather than higher calorie things like wine or beer, but I'm afraid I'm no expert! :) xx

Spirits are mixers are the easiest way to manage the calories, you'll be looking at 50 calories per single shot of alcohol plus any calories in your mixer (i.e. I have lemonade because diet coke and alcohol is wrong). Other than that, if you get drunk on a bottle of wine, that'll be about 650 calories ish. Just allocate your calories accordingly, do alot of dancing and cut back if you want to or take the hit for that week.

wafflewaffle said:
Aww I love supersize vs superskinny too! Do you have him on Twitter? I think it was just the prog he did about being gay that put me off, because of seeing him sick and stuff lol and you know by now what I'm like with sick haha.
I agree they are just in denial, I can't watch that one anymore coz it annoys me! How can you not know that you eat Mars bars n stuff in the car lol xx

Haha, yes I saw his programne about gay conversion as well, I know what you mean!

On the Secret Eaters today, which I've seen before but bever ceases to be amazed by, was a girl who couldn't understand how she'd put 8 stone on. One slight clue was the "healthy" lunch she had her grandmother making her every day. It was a huge jacket potato with loads of cheese, coleslaw and fried mushrooms, only 1,150 calories! It looked yummy, but definitely not healthy! :D xx

Stackhead said:
I'm quite liking Weighing Up the Enemy. I stopped liking SSvSS when they changed it and only had them in the feeding clinic for 3 days instead of a full week.
Secret eaters does annoy me, like you Tracy I've always known was I was overweight. As my sister delightfully said to her doctor 'I like sandwiches!'

Spirits are mixers are the easiest way to manage the calories, you'll be looking at 50 calories per single shot of alcohol plus any calories in your mixer (i.e. I have lemonade because diet coke and alcohol is wrong). Other than that, if you get drunk on a bottle of wine, that'll be about 650 calories ish. Just allocate your calories accordingly, do alot of dancing and cut back if you want to or take the hit for that week.

Yes, I was disappointed when they changed the format on SS vs SS. Weighing Up The Enemy is at least a bit different. :)

I remember talking to my practice nurse about weight loss a few years back, and when she asked me why I was overweight I told her it was because I like food and eat too much, lol. She said at least I was honest! :D xx

On the Secret Eaters today, which I've seen before but bever ceases to be amazed by, was a girl who couldn't understand how she'd put 8 stone on. One slight clue was the "healthy" lunch she had her grandmother making her every day. It was a huge jacket potato with loads of cheese, coleslaw and fried mushrooms, only 1,150 calories! It looked yummy, but definitely not healthy! :D xx

Mmm jacket tato! My mum always makes me laugh when she's trying to lose weight because she has 'salads', with coleslaw/potato salad, actual tatos, big meat, eggs etc... Unless you're calorie counting I guess you don't realise how much it can add up to! But I want someone to make me that jacket for lunch :drool:

Yes, I was disappointed when they changed the format on SS vs SS. Weighing Up The Enemy is at least a bit different. :)

I just wish they did more of an update afterwards - I'd love to know if everyone kept it up or if the motivation died once the competition was over. Last weeks woman who went on a 1200 a day limit and was drooling over cake made me want to bang my head against the wall!

I remember talking to my practice nurse about weight loss a few years back, and when she asked me why I was overweight I told her it was because I like food and eat too much, lol. She said at least I was honest! :D xx

I think the majority of people must know, at least on some level, why they're overweight. For me. It is genuinely that I like sandwiches! (Which is why I don't have them very often!)

Stackhead said:
Mmm jacket tato! My mum always makes me laugh when she's trying to lose weight because she has 'salads', with coleslaw/potato salad, actual tatos, big meat, eggs etc... Unless you're calorie counting I guess you don't realise how much it can add up to! But I want someone to make me that jacket for lunch :drool:

I just wish they did more of an update afterwards - I'd love to know if everyone kept it up or if the motivation died once the competition was over. Last weeks woman who went on a 1200 a day limit and was drooling over cake made me want to bang my head against the wall!

I think the majority of people must know, at least on some level, why they're overweight. For me. It is genuinely that I like sandwiches! (Which is why I don't have them very often!)

That jacket spud really did look delicious! She was most indignant because she said she didn't have butter on it any more, lol. I'm drooling just thinking about it! :D xx

It's chocolate & pizza for me.... I deffo used to eat too many sweets before calorie counting & bags of cadbury sweets are so bad for calories not to mention fat! I never get full of sweets lol!!

As for the person asking about alcohol, I don't really drink either but when I do I just have what I want in moderation.... Blondcat on here is maybe the best person to ask she has to go for drinks with work a lot....

wafflewaffle said:
It's chocolate & pizza for me.... I deffo used to eat too many sweets before calorie counting & bags of cadbury sweets are so bad for calories not to mention fat! I never get full of sweets lol!!

As for the person asking about alcohol, I don't really drink either but when I do I just have what I want in moderation.... Blondcat on here is maybe the best person to ask she has to go for drinks with work a lot....

Mmmm, pizza! I love it!! Paul has one every weekend, just a frozen one, but I always want to snatch it off his plate, lol. It's something I always have when I'm having a naughty diet break!! :D xx

Mmmm, pizza! I love it!! Paul has one every weekend, just a frozen one, but I always want to snatch it off his plate, lol. It's something I always have when I'm having a naughty diet break!! :D xx

God I love pizza! At the top of our street is both a dominoes and a papa johns. . . . so far we've managed to resist but I don't that that'll last for long!!

Back