Trashed :(

Taronga Leela

Well I'm on day 6 of SS and I haven't lost a thing in 4 days, I've hovered around the same weight and this is the point in the diet where I always think '**** it' I'm starving myself for nothing. This is my 4th attempt and I always crash and burn after about day 6 because the scales DON'T CHANGE.

I have my first weigh in tomorrow and dreading it as I seem to have lost only 3lb in 6 days. I've had recent LFTs and TFTs done which were all normal so I can't even blame them.

I know I'll get the usual 'don't weigh yourself everyday' thing but come on seriously who doesn't weigh themselves everyday in the first week?

To make it worse, my husband is doing SS with me and he's had a steady loss of 1lb a day and to top it off he's not making himself sick and bloated with the excessive water consumption. I'm surprised if I see even a litre pass his lips in a day and being a 6'4 bloke weighing in at 20st I'm surprised he's even alive.

:banghead:

It's hard to be upbeat on this programme when you seem to be treading water :cry:

Leela

You sound so much like me, I usually give up when I can't see something happening on the scales and unfortunately I'm a serial scale hopper.

However, it took me a bit to learn, that a) don't go by your scales, your CDC's are usually more accurate and its your official weigh. And honestly, you could not sustain this weight loss on ww or sw. I know how difficult the first couple of weeks are and I'm still suffering the guilt and after effects of a naughty day over the weekend but there is lots of wonderful support on this forum, come in often, pm me if you need to.

Good luck honey, stick to the water and remember - the more your drink the more you shrink! (tee hee).

Sara:)

keep at it hun. people lose weight at different rates... i agree that you wouldnt be able to get losses like this regularly on other diets. maybe we just expect to have high numbers all the time. stick with it.. tell yourself that this time is the time you will stay on it and get to goal. and really believe in yourself.this diet works and the weigh in with my CDC keeps me going.

big hugs!!!

Thanks Sara!

Yeah I know my CDC's scales will be the 'real' weight but I'm actualy dreading my weigh in and I've been 100%. I usually cheat at least 3 times in the 1st week but this time I've been so good and not even sniffed a cornflake!

Thanks again sweetheart xxx

Perhaps your body knows you always 'give up' around this time and that's why its holding on to everything...not a very scientific answer but hopefully you get my jist...I think this time you need to hang on in for another week and just see....another week from your life is nothing so hang on in there and dont give up, not this time! Men always lose quicker so dont judge your own loss by your husbands. Dont give up, you obviously want to do it otherwise you wouldnt have started it 4 times - 6 days isnt enough time to properly judge. On week 3 i only lost 0.5lb but still lost 2cm's from my waist so although it didnt show on the scales it did on the tape measure. Come on - you owe it to yourself not to give in :) :) Good luck!

Stick to it babe, as someone said people lose at diff rates and if you keep to it 100% you really cant fail, good luck at WI.xx

Haha Mellie that sounds about right to me ;)

Thanks guys, I knew I'd get the voice of reason from the forum! I'm off to my sister's today and she always makes the nicest lunches, so I'm going to resist temptation! I think I got the bad genes in the family as she's a healthy size 8 and can literally eat whatever, although she does eat well and healthily. Sorry slightly off tangent there!

I did my daughter beans on toast last night for supper and even that smelt gourmet :eek:

Thanks again girlies x x x x

My son loves beans they do smell good dont they.lol.

My son loves beans they do smell good dont they.lol.

LOL at the moment they do, especially on brown toast with cheese :eek: last night was the first time I've been feeling hungry while doing it!

I usually do her stuff like chicken breast, broccoli, carrots, mash and gravy but she'd had her preschool jabs yesterday and wanted beans on toast!

I can't seem to get food off my mind right now, must because my brain is telling me theres no point in carrying on.

I think I may have to shush up now before I start convincing myself a bit of cheese or a Quorn fillet won't do any harm!

When I did Cambridge I found that I would STS for days, then suddenly drop 3lbs. Very odd. As for your husband, well, it just isn't fair is it. Men do lose much quicker than us ladies as they have more lean mass. Try not to compare your losses with his.

he's not making himself sick and bloated with the excessive water consumption
I hope you're not. The 2.25L should be managable. Anything more than that you don't want to worry about too much. Drink if you are thirsty after the 2.25L, but not if it's a struggle. It's just not necessary.

Remember some women will lose nothing all week and at last point 3-4lbs drop off, take it as a weekly weigh in and step away from the scales as they can do more damage than good,

julesrush
cdc norwich

i often seem to stay the same all week then drop several pounds overnite
scales are evil ( says me who is a serial scales hopper ) i got up this morning and my scales showed a gain on 3lb. have been rather overdosing on the physilliam husks due to (tmi) constipation and have now dropped 2 of those pounds

dont panic am sure things will start moving soon. even if this weigh in is a little disappointing ( some people dont have a big first week loss but get a bigger loss week 2 insted ) ur body cant hang on to the weight that long when ur on such low cals

keep it up babes. the scales will show you success eventually. eating the cals we do it can't fail to. there is no way that you are not losing weight if you are drinking loads of water and sticking to ss. you are doing so well!!

it's my weigh in tonight and i'm dreading it too. i wanted to lose half a stone this fortnight and i think i'll be lucky if i weigh in with a 4lb loss...

keep at it, as will i, and in another week we'll be celebrating success :)

abz xx

I hope you're not. The 2.25L should be managable. Anything more than that you don't want to worry about too much. Drink if you are thirsty after the 2.25L, but not if it's a struggle. It's just not necessary.

Hi KD, I'm drinking in excess of 3-4 litres as this is what I've been led to believe on Minis. My CDC has advised that I drink as much as I need to which is kinda vague but is true!

I am struggling and I'm totally aware of the implications of over hydration, but seem to have swam with the current a bit and thought drinking more would increase my losses.

Anyway I managed to avoid drooling all over the dining table at my sisters, watching her tuck into grilled salmon and cherry vine tomatoes with balsamic vinegar. I did feel quite sorry for myself tucking into my soup ;) but know i've made a conscious decision to do this diet therefore I will carry on and like it!

Makes no sense but I know what I mean!

Thank you all for takin the time to reply by the way, your encouragement and input is greately received and I hope that I'll be of some use to you somewhere along the weightloss journey ;)

x x x x x x x x

Hiya. My CDC said that she has a lady who only ever loses every other week, strange really but everyone is different (sorry to use such a cliche!)
I have spent all afternoon preparing a party buffet for 50 kids as an end of term picnic tomorrow. I had to pick up a warm sausage roll and smell it, likewise with the pizza's i had made (yes, MADE!). But, after I had smelt them, I put them down and walked away from them. As long as you do that, it's all that matters isn't it? I have become obsessed with food in a weird way. I want to know all about what people are eating, I love preparing food for others, but I can look at it and walk away from it myself, and that gives me such a buzz.

Why not lend your scales to someone who won't give them back until you reach a certain loss? Then you won't be discouraged by not seeing daily drops?

hey TL. glad you made it through a sister visit :)

sounds like you are doing fabulously well. and this will be over a week now you've been 100% isn't it? so you should feel marvellous that you've made it babes :)

abz xx

hey TL. glad you made it through a sister visit :)

sounds like you are doing fabulously well. and this will be over a week now you've been 100% isn't it? so you should feel marvellous that you've made it babes :)

abz xx

Thanks darl ;)

I did get on the scales this morning and still the same weight. Husband weighed himself and obviously lost again because he had a massive grin on his chops :( He didn't tell me though, obviously knew better!

I'm not even bitter or jealous, I'm glad that we're doing this journey together and I'm proud at him for achieving the loss, I'm just annoyed that I've not lost a whole lot.

Oh well weigh in tonight, hopefully my CDC's scales will show something positive.

Even if it doesn't I won't give up now, the first week is the hardest and I've conquered that so now I HAVE to start losing weight, no one can sustain themselves on this few calories!

Next week I so better have a good loss :D

Oh and another thing, I'm kinda 5' 7.5" and wondered if maybe I should be having 4 packs a day? Going to discuss this tonight with my counsellor, I don't want to give up SSing now for SS+ or a different plan.

Damnit I wish things were textbook for me!!!

hun... i had to hide my scales bec ause it would make me think oh why bother but the thing is that if your not getting enoug food your body will sometimes hang onto all it can get for as long as it can, this may cause a small or no loss one week and a bigger one next. either way you are still loosing weight and doing your body so much good.
good luck :)

haha wouldnt it be great if i could take my own advice :)
xxxx

hey hon. i'm in the same position. i'm about five foot 7 1/2 but i haven't had any problems. i think you just need to keep going with it. if you feel like you have energy and you are in ketosis then you shouldn't have a problem...

abz xx

Back