Travelling on Business

sueldoc

I am going away on business for the night next week and normally would have burger and chips from Room Service!  Need help with low syn/syn free ideas as it will be the night before my first weigh in!  Can pop to M&S or Sainsburys on the way to hotel.  Thanks! :)

Could you get a jacket potato with beans and salad from room service? Without butter / dressing that would be Syn free :)

Hi, thanks for your replies. The room service menu is limited in terms of low fat options. No baked potatoes etc. just main meals. I have no heating facilities in the room also.

I only ever had room service once and would never do it again - the room reeked of food all night!

Can't you eat in the hotel restaurant? The choices would probably be better.

If not, then you could go to M&s and buy cold meat and a pack of tomatoes, or a prepared salad (the kind with the dressing in a separate package) and a yogurt.

Hi Anna, the menu is the same in the restaurant believe it or not! I put my tray out in the corridor as soon as I have finished. Think I will just go for syn free small bites! Forgot about the yogurt! Thanks! :)

Ended up having a batchelors deli box (1 1/2 syns), some Sainsburys tikka chicken pieces (free), some Sainsburys BBQ chicken pieces (1/2 syn and taste amazing!) and some melon! So pleased that I managed to steer clear of the bar and room service! :D Ended up losing 3.5lb at class last night!

Back