"Treat" after weigh in? (and general rant!)

Daisyboo

Just wondering what people have for their treat after weigh in? Last week I had 2 bottles of lager and 1/2 slab of chocolate and Im worried that it was too much and I've mucked up the start of the new week?

I've gone about 15.5 over on my week's syns already (weigh in is on Monday) and I'm getting a bit worried. I know I shouldn't have but I got on the scales this morning and it didn't look great :( so far it looks like I have either stayed the same or maybe lost a pound.

So angry at myself to slipping up yesterday (had homemade cakes and yummys with coffee in the morning, a chicken chow mein, a packet of Reece's peanut butter cups and 2 glasses of wine in the evening - grand total??? 42 syns!!!! ARGHH!!! :cry:). I'm just back from my Zumba class so hope I may have burnt off some of those extra calories! And I only have 10 syns a day so will some of those be off set by not having the full 7x15syns?

We're going out tonight to a friends house for cheese & wine tonight - not going to drink and hoping that she is going to put out cold meats, carrot sticks and fruit etc along with all the yummy gorgeous fattening cheese...

Anyway - really hoping for some iron willpower tonight and a half decent weigh in tomorrow!!

x

dont dispear daisyboo, we have all been there.

No matter what the scales say at your weigh in, just resolve to get back on tract.

Stick to fruit and veg tonight if it is being served and avoid the cheese

hi there, i asked a while ago if anyone else had a treat nite and was suprised alot didnt which i can understand as they say they dont want to ruin wot they have done, i have a treat every tues nite after weigh in, i hav a chinese,chick chow mein and egg fried rice usually a couple glasses of wine and sum choc, that does me then had my fix. hope you get on ok tomoro !! good luck

I make WI day an EE if possible and go to the chinese for a portion of beef or chicken with mushrooms (I ask for them to cook it in less oil) and a big portion of white rice.

Last week we went for low-syn sushi though.

I am trying to get my head around believing fattening foods aren't "treats" in that the result of eating them does not give ultimate or long term pleasure. Haven't managed to convince myself in the past 50 years so why i should believe it now I don't know!!! lol It is true that you do always want things we shouldn't or can't have. OK who am i kidding lol xx

I normally have a meal and dessert - this week was a curry and then an iced doughnut but I have decided that I am going to have either a meal or a sweet thing as I can't stomach all of it anymore!

I am trying to get my head around believing fattening foods aren't "treats" in that the result of eating them does not give ultimate or long term pleasure. Haven't managed to convince myself in the past 50 years so why i should believe it now I don't know!!! lol It is true that you do always want things we shouldn't or can't have. OK who am i kidding lol xx

I hate this arguement - I just don't understand. If we had all kept fatty and high sugar foods to treats in the beginning I doubt many of us would be doing SW now as we would all have a healthy diet and only occasional high fat or sugar foods as treats - that is what they should be in my eyes so I never expect to not think of them as treats.

They taste nice but aren't great for you if you eat too much of them - perfect for when you want a treat ... I think anyway! I know if I had of kept them as treats rather than my daily foods then I wouldn't be overweight. I consider it a lovely treat to have a doughnut or some sweets!

Ha ... I think I have overkilled the word treat now!!! :p

I hate this arguement - I just don't understand. If we had all kept fatty and high sugar foods to treats in the beginning I doubt many of us would be doing SW now as we would all have a healthy diet and only occasional high fat or sugar foods as treats - that is what they should be in my eyes so I never expect to not think of them as treats.
They taste nice but aren't great for you if you eat too much of them - perfect for when you want a treat ... I think anyway! I know if I had of kept them as treats rather than my daily foods then I wouldn't be overweight. I consider it a lovely treat to have a doughnut or some sweets!

Ha ... I think I have overkilled the word treat now!!! :p

As a child we were always taught that these were special foods and in some way that made them even more tempting. If they had been the run of the mill i wonder if my mind set would have been different. Diabetic children are taught to have the "treats" as part of a meal so they don't cause a surge in the blood sugar levels and this does stop you craving more.
Sorry didn't mean to take over the thread. i 'll just go and have a chocolate twister and shut up lolxx

I really wouldn't fret, and tbh hun.. to sts or still lose a pound is still good.. especially with what you'v eaten throughout the week, don't worry about that 'treat' you had after WI, i eat far more than that every wed after Wi every week LOL. . if you chose to be one who has nice treats after Wi then do and enjoy, don't fret.. some people don't because they see it as a bad start to thier week.. as far as im concerned my week is from thursday onwards. .

don't dispair, you'l be fine.. and you dont know what the sw scales will show.

enjoy what you'v eaten and relax.. get back on track after Wi.

lots of love x

As a child we were always taught that these were special foods and in some way that made them even more tempting. If they had been the run of the mill i wonder if my mind set would have been different. Diabetic children are taught to have the "treats" as part of a meal so they don't cause a surge in the blood sugar levels and this does stop you craving more.
Sorry didn't mean to take over the thread. i 'll just go and have a chocolate twister and shut up lolxx

I know what you mean - somehow you still want them more! But I wonder whether that would ever stop as pizza does taste nicer than salad on most occasions (or does for me, lol) so even if they weren't treats would we want them any less? Why can't eveything nice just be low in calories ey!! That would fix everything :p

I dont do the whole treat thing, i just carry on as normal as i dont want to spoil my hard work.

Plus, i now only have 13 pounds to lose and i think its harder to get away with when you want a treat when you havent got as much to lose :(

I eat whatever the hell i like after weigh-in - it actually gives you metabolism a boost and is beneficial! Similarly before weigh-in i eat every little - its beneficial to!
Don't worry just stay on track and you will be fine!

Don't worry about it- if you fret you're more likely to think that you've blown it and then eat more goodies in an 'ah sod it' state of mind. As long as you've enjoyed your week but move on from it then all's good- that's what flexible syns are for anyway. I don't have a treat after weigh in but I know many people at my class do and still get great weight losses.

I used to do this for the first 10 months probably but then my losses started slowing down so that was one of the first things I stopped.

I usually have about 10 syns a day but on WI night I will allow myself 15, sometimes 20, but usually I've made up for that within the week anyway.

Think my treat tonight will be limited to something small - want to get to target as soon as I can and dont want to be slowing it down by 'splurging' every week. *sigh*

I wi on a Mon morning so tend not to have a treat then and save it till weekend when I have some wine. I never seem to want a treat on a Mon morning like I did when I went to ww and had evening wi then we used to hit the Chinese, Italian, Indian or chippie after leader and all lol

I think to have a bit of what you fancy after weigh in is a brilliant idea- as long as you dont go over the top- if you want something you're better off having a bit after weigh in than not having it and craving it all week! Everyone is different though and I would think that it prob does slow down losses for some people especially if they are close to target!

I get weighed on a saturday morning but don't have any extra syns for a treat. I have 15 syns a day, and try to save some for having a treat. Last week I saved them for a bottle of wine and 6 chocolate truffles, this week I'm saving them so I can have a chinese takeaway with my friend on saturday.

That way I can have a treat without feeling guilty or going over my syns. And I only need to save 5 syns a day, although somedays I don't have any syns. So I can keep them for something extra nice.

If WI has been good, I definitely have a treat, but don't go overboard - maybe a takeaway but no wine, or SW friendly food but with a few extra glasses of wine. If WI has been bad, I eat super healthily afterwards because I get so desperate not to have 2 bad weeks in a row!

Back