Treat ideas - NOT food or drink

Lucky7

Lucky7
Okay - everyone seems very determined at the moment, with xmas coming up.

What treats can we give ourselves so we still show ourselves some love, but without reinforcing the idea that we need food to feel good?

Ideas can be free or with some cost, but I don't think too many of us can afford a weekend in Paris or similar at the moment.

Hmmm - simple but comforting...
Lovely clean fresh PJs and bed sheets, and an early night with a new book or magazine

A nice new hair style, decorate a room (just done), a piece of jewellery, a nice handbag, a pair of Jimmy Choo's from H&M next week ;-) ooooooooohhhhhhhh the list could go on. Or how about a nice massage or spa day

Hi, for every half stone I lose, OH is treating me to a charm for my bracelet xxx

Quite a few of us do the charm bracelet reward thingy...it's lovely and not too expensive! I got myself a star a couple of weeks ago :)

A lie-in with a good library book. I have just finished Blood Atonement by Dan Waddell, and The Last Child by John Hart. Both were excellent.

A trip to TK Maxx to find a bargain (latest finds were a pink Frank Usher evening bag which perfectly matches the top I am wearing to a dinner dance this weekend, marked down from £50 to £10; and a gorgous Fenn Wright Manson knitted jacket for £20).

An hour in front of the computer checking out bargains on eBay. Recently I got an Ikea table/desk for £10 (plus a short drive to pick it up) - the original price was around £70 and although it had been used there was hardly a mark on it. I also buy most of my cosmetics on eBay, so I can treat myself to things I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

Some time out wandering around with my camera, taking pictures of anything I come across.

Crossword puzzles - the general knowledge ones, not the cryptic ones (don't understand those!). The Telegraph and Times on Saturday have good ones, so does the Sunday Express magazine. Prospect Magazine has a really fiendish one on their website which I do in collaboration with two friends, one in Luxembourg and one in Ireland - we send emails back and forth when we get stuck!

Hmm - that sounds like lots of treats!!! I am obviously a very self-indulgent person! ;)

Perfume! I just love (expensive :eek: ) perfume!

manicure, pedicure and facial - my halfway treat!

my OH matches my weight loss lb for £ so when i have lost enough to buy what i want i get the money whether its a cd or top or shoes good incentive

Difficult to eat when you're x stitching ;)

Excellent - I like the photography idea.

I like to do some drawing too - not that I'm any good at it, but its still fun.

Oh I'd love to have my eyebrows waxed and dyed!

Back