Treat Night / Cheat Night

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, so lets admit it - who turns their weigh in day into the forgotten day when it comes to syns? I always have a treat but it's more of a cheat really as I do know that all syns need to be accounted for!

To soften the blow and limit the damage, I do keep the 'treat' to the Tuesday evening whereas I know some members go home and eat all day.

I think it keeps me going over the weekend knowing that I will be having a teakeaway or choc and know that I wont be getting on the dreaded scales for another week but I also know that the nearer I get to target, I may have to start behaving all 7 nights a week! Ironically, the one treat night i didn;t indulge and was good all week, I only lost half a pound. Hmmm.

Any thoughts welcome as to what you all get up to after weigh in? x

stivesliz said:
Ok, so lets admit it - who turns their weigh in day into the forgotten day when it comes to syns? I always have a treat but it's more of a cheat really as I do know that all syns need to be accounted for!

To soften the blow and limit the damage, I do keep the 'treat' to the Tuesday evening whereas I know some members go home and eat all day.

I think it keeps me going over the weekend knowing that I will be having a teakeaway or choc and know that I wont be getting on the dreaded scales for another week but I also know that the nearer I get to target, I may have to start behaving all 7 nights a week! Ironically, the one treat night i didn;t indulge and was good all week, I only lost half a pound. Hmmm.

Any thoughts welcome as to what you all get up to after weigh in? x

If you use the search facility on here, this question has been asked before and if I remember rightly, has quite a lot of responses that may help you :) x

I don't because i know it will slow my losses, but i will use all my syns now and again for a treat :)

Yep definatly, if i never had any chocolate, i would fall straight off the wagon hehe

I try not to have a cheat night, less it turns into a cheat week. Like weekend just gone.

Hehe we don't have a chippy near here, so not tempted by them. i do like a nice chinese but I just order boiled rice and beef and mushrooms, so quite low syn anyway :)

I agree with you PatchworkPuss....when you cheat, the only person you're cheating is yourself.

Isn't that the point of having syns?...so you can have treats within the plan?

It's the fish and chips that always tempt me! x

There is a gorgeous chip shop right behind the building we weigh in in. It's torture, but I couldn't ever go to it because i'd be scared someone from SW might see me.

I have a treat every weigh day, it works for me because without that to look forward to I wouldn't be able to stay on the wagon. I know I might not get away with it forever but I do for now and I don't have as good losses when I don't have it. If it works for you then I don't see a problem with it. x

Ah thanks - couldn't find that earlier. I have had a treat every Tuesday since joining apart from once and have lost most weeks - I just think it's better to get it out the way rather than have naughties a couple of days before WI. Having said that, I eat a normal brekkie and lunch and if I really dont fancy a takeaway I wont have it just for the sake of it. Some of my fellow class members go home to eat all day long which i think is a bit daft. x

I have a cheat 'day' after my weigh in day on Saturday and then Sunday and the rest of the week I'm back on Slimming World - I've always done it and 9 times out of 10, I've lost weight! I don't know if that's the best way to go about it though!

I do have a choccy bar and maybe an extra something on my tea such as cheese, but i rarely use all my syns during the week so probably not much of a cheat :)

I tend to not avidly count my syns after weigh-in, but still keep to plan, so I might have some low-fat cheese or a fun size chocolate bar but not fish and chips or a pizza. During the day before weigh in I only use a couple of syns so usually have a lot to play with anyway.

I always have a treat night on wi day,keeps me going and it hasn't affected my losses as yet.That would be the first thing to stop if it did :)

MrsFordy said:
I always have a treat night on wi day,keeps me going and it hasn't affected my losses as yet.That would be the first thing to stop if it did :)

Altho, if you've always done it, how do you know it hasn't effected your losses!! You may have lost more if you'd not had it ;)

Back