treating

duncan

Silver Member
Does anyone treat themselves when they loose a certain amount, i.e a stone or maybe two??
I have some chocolate in the cupboard, i did aay when ive lost 2 stone i was going to have a piece, not sure that thats a good idea tho

I definitely do. Every week I put £2 for every lb I lose into a sealed money box for my big treat at the end, but when I hit milestones I buy myself something like perfume, or more expensive make up or things like that. Big treats for st milestones and small treats for half st milestones. It's the only way to stay motivated.

I wouldn't risk treating myself with food though, I don't think it's worth it. You run the risk of losing motivation. xxx

Last edited:
I do although not very often , I 'treated' myself to xmas dinner and tonight we are going out for a valentines meal which I descided to treat myself too as I have just hit the 5 stone mark ... so I thought I deserved it !!!! I am not going to go mad but may have a desert as its been so long !!!!

Not sure how much is in there now, can't get at it either. It's quite exciting.

I do treat myself but not to food - trying to stay away from that. I buy things that will pamper me or make me feel better dietwise such as creams, potions, smaller sized clothes .... and it feels lovely ;)

my theory on the food thing,is not sure im going to do it, when it comes to me and choclate its all or nothing, the fact that it hasnt been opened is ok at the mo, its when its opened :(, maybe i wont do it:sigh:

I'm exactly the same. First time round I had a pile of Wispa's (cos I thought they were limited edition I stock piled them) which were fine where they were in the cupboard, I wasn't tempted by them cos they weren't open. If I'd opened one I'd have muched my way through the lot so I kept them til I got to my target.... Which prob then contributed to me putting 2st back on lol.

Duncan i wouldnt do that chick.! think of something else?

when i first started ww i saved altogether 45pounds i did well.xand it worked for me too.x

I'm exactly the same. First time round I had a pile of Wispa's (cos I thought they were limited edition I stock piled them) which were fine where they were in the cupboard, I wasn't tempted by them cos they weren't open. If I'd opened one I'd have muched my way through the lot so I kept them til I got to my target.... Which prob then contributed to me putting 2st back on lol.
hahahahahha naughty girl

Yup, I try and have some non food related treat. Normally clothes shoes or beauty products. I've promised myself a pot of creme de la mer when I get into the 200's for example. Cannot wait!

Last edited:
Oh wow Chika, Creme de la Mer, thats some treat, but you deserve it!! I can't think of anything better!! It's such a fab idea! Maybe when I get to target I'll have enough money for some. x

wow creme de le mar, how fab x

I know its the ultimate extravagance but I'm actually saving money being on CD. I used to spend a fortune on drinks, snacks , sandwiches so I should be able to have a pot soon... Ladies, you should def get some!

i used to have a money tin but had to open it and use the money when a family emergancy came up ( nearly opened my daughters for an emergancy tonight, didnt thou ), need to buy another tin and replace the money and add in more for how much ive lost now and i was previously adding in £10 for every week i was on cd, need the money to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes when i get to goal

as for treats on the way down they are all non food, need to break the mindset of treating myself with food ( had a good day, have some choccy, had a bad day, have some cheesecake etc )
so far ive bought a necklace, braclet, oils, clothes.
next weigh in willll confirm ive lost over 5 stone and im treating myself to some books on overcoming emotional eating, books on binge eating etc ( i think for me its best to read up on these things and to put coping stratagys in place before maintenance as i know i have issues with both )
aprils my birthday and the meet in birmingham so im treating myself to a weekend away

Claire, if you do get the books will you let me know which you got and what you think about them. I'm all for self-help books. I love them. I need a self-help book on how to beat a self-help book addiction:D

Back