Treats - what do you do?

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Do you have, what you consider a treat, every day or save one day for a bigger treat.
I usually have an alpen light bar after lunch and a highlights and a ww biscuit after dinner but im thinking this might be too many treats and a bad habit. I also have a special treat on a Friday.

As long as I stay in my points I'll treat myself most days. I know a lot of people prefer not to waste points on sugary stuff but personally I can't live without it and my sweet tooth hasn't done any damage to me weight loss wise.

i have low pointed snacks/treats after my dinner like crisps (1.5pts) iced gems (1.5pts) jelly (0pts) jelly tots (2pts) merangues (1.5pts for 2) things like that, but i have a right sweet tooth and i need treats like that to keep me on the diet. i never (bar once in 8weeks) go over my points and it hasnt affected my WL either. although i have cut out bread as that really does slow my losses down!

Do you have, what you consider a treat, every day or save one day for a bigger treat.
I usually have an alpen light bar after lunch and a highlights and a ww biscuit after dinner but im thinking this might be too many treats and a bad habit. I also have a special treat on a Friday.

Personally I wouldnt even consider something like that a treat, that would just be something Id have in my points allowance.

A treat for me is something like a meal out or a takeaway :)

hmmmm i usually cut out all treats because i seem to want more and more once i've had a taste of it BUT because im so close to my goal now im thinking i may have pic n mix (my favourite as i love the retro sweets) on friday each week as my treat :)

I have quite a high daily points allowance so I allow myself a low point treat every day and then save points for a higher point treat on a weekend like a meal or a bottle of wine. That's why I like weight watchers, it is totally flexible. And like others on here i can't cope without a treat most days, certainly a sweet one.

I dont really count anything as treats cos I just have what I want - in moderation of course ;)

I would count meals out, wine. takeaway as treats cos they're something I dont have all the time.

Treats to me are a Takeaway and choccie bar on a saturday night.. Usually a chicken chow mein and a galaxy bubbles bar which fits into my daily points nicely :)

The reason I do WW is because nothing is off limits, you tell me I cant have something and Ill want it. If I know I can have it most of the time I dont actually bother lol

Snap!! If I get something like that in my head I'll just cave and binge. I've saved myself a fortune not having take aways not cos i can't have them but because i don't seem to want them now I don't view them as naughty. Ive had some new trainers and a handbag instead :D

Its just like the old 'wet paint' thing - the rebellious child thats inside me still has to touch. Same with food - tell me I cant have it and I want it all the more. Just bliddy minded really :D

I too tend to have treats daily... pink n whites seem to be a sure favourite with our ww friends and at .5 points each then you are sure to stay within your points... Mumzys tip for a gorgeous treat is pop your pink n white in the microwave for 10 seconds and OMG it's devine :drool:
Mumzy, we gotta spread your word to all our ww friends.... lol:talk017: heeee heeeeee :D

How do you only ahve one pink and white. I had some delivere with the shopping yesterday. And all 6 were gone by the time I had put the shopping away. EAch popped in the Microwave for a few secs. I would have enjoyed them so much more if I had sat down to enjoy them properly too. I never learn

Lynda

i've got into flumps lately so im gonna try pink n whites soon when i see em around.

I would say my takeaway is a treat for me always look forward to it :D

a skinny mocha 1.5
cadbury choc highlights 1
pink /whites 0.5
all within points its nice to not feel guilty about treats ,and it keeps me from a total blowout

The reason I do WW is because nothing is off limits, you tell me I cant have something and Ill want it. If I know I can have it most of the time I dont actually bother lol

I know exactly what you mean.. like: I could have a mars bars OR prawn chow mein.. it's a bit of a no-brainer..

I probably have a takeaway... I've managed to cut back on these, instead of having one, maybe two a week [well 4 a week when I was at my worst, 3 years ago], the fella and I have 1, maybe 2 a month, and one meal out generally speaking.

And if it's Indian, instead of having a starter, curry, rice, bread and poppadoms, we share a starter, have curry, and share the bread. Obviously he still gets his heaps of rice and poppadoms. I only like the red onion-y stuff that comes with them though :p

Agree with the flexibility of WW. I am happy that I can have anything I want! :)

But for treats: I keep ww crisps (1point) in stock or French fries (2points), curly wurlys (2.5 points), Go ahead yoghurt breaks (1point per biscuit and they are yummy), ww biscuits (1.5), go ahead biscuits (1point each)

How do you only ahve one pink and white. I had some delivere with the shopping yesterday. And all 6 were gone by the time I had put the shopping away. EAch popped in the Microwave for a few secs. I would have enjoyed them so much more if I had sat down to enjoy them properly too. I never learn

Lynda
omg, that sounds like me :D

Back