Treats - what do you do?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by shrinkingannie, 27 April 2010 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Do you have, what you consider a treat, every day or save one day for a bigger treat.
    I usually have an alpen light bar after lunch and a highlights and a ww biscuit after dinner but im thinking this might be too many treats and a bad habit. I also have a special treat on a Friday.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Katie_Victoria

Katie_Victoria Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    As long as I stay in my points I'll treat myself most days. I know a lot of people prefer not to waste points on sugary stuff but personally I can't live without it and my sweet tooth hasn't done any damage to me weight loss wise.

4. nicoleaimee

nicoleaimee chunky chick :-)

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.63%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i have low pointed snacks/treats after my dinner like crisps (1.5pts) iced gems (1.5pts) jelly (0pts) jelly tots (2pts) merangues (1.5pts for 2) things like that, but i have a right sweet tooth and i need treats like that to keep me on the diet. i never (bar once in 8weeks) go over my points and it hasnt affected my WL either. although i have cut out bread as that really does slow my losses down!

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Personally I wouldnt even consider something like that a treat, that would just be something Id have in my points allowance.

A treat for me is something like a meal out or a takeaway :)

6. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hmmmm i usually cut out all treats because i seem to want more and more once i've had a taste of it BUT because im so close to my goal now im thinking i may have pic n mix (my favourite as i love the retro sweets) on friday each week as my treat :)

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The reason I do WW is because nothing is off limits, you tell me I cant have something and Ill want it. If I know I can have it most of the time I dont actually bother lol

8. geordiemoo

geordiemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.88%)
    I have quite a high daily points allowance so I allow myself a low point treat every day and then save points for a higher point treat on a weekend like a meal or a bottle of wine. That's why I like weight watchers, it is totally flexible. And like others on here i can't cope without a treat most days, certainly a sweet one.

9. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I dont really count anything as treats cos I just have what I want - in moderation of course ;)

I would count meals out, wine. takeaway as treats cos they're something I dont have all the time.

10. Mumzy

Mumzy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Treats to me are a Takeaway and choccie bar on a saturday night.. Usually a chicken chow mein and a galaxy bubbles bar which fits into my daily points nicely :)

11. x_ali_x

x_ali_x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.1%)
    Snap!! If I get something like that in my head I'll just cave and binge. I've saved myself a fortune not having take aways not cos i can't have them but because i don't seem to want them now I don't view them as naughty. Ive had some new trainers and a handbag instead :D

12. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Its just like the old 'wet paint' thing - the rebellious child thats inside me still has to touch. Same with food - tell me I cant have it and I want it all the more. Just bliddy minded really :D

13. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

I too tend to have treats daily... pink n whites seem to be a sure favourite with our ww friends and at .5 points each then you are sure to stay within your points... Mumzys tip for a gorgeous treat is pop your pink n white in the microwave for 10 seconds and OMG it's devine :drool:
    Mumzy, we gotta spread your word to all our ww friends.... lol:talk017: heeee heeeeee :D

14. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    How do you only ahve one pink and white. I had some delivere with the shopping yesterday. And all 6 were gone by the time I had put the shopping away. EAch popped in the Microwave for a few secs. I would have enjoyed them so much more if I had sat down to enjoy them properly too. I never learn

Lynda

15. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i've got into flumps lately so im gonna try pink n whites soon when i see em around.

16. Trendytracz

Trendytracz Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I would say my takeaway is a treat for me always look forward to it :D

17. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    a skinny mocha 1.5
    cadbury choc highlights 1
    pink /whites 0.5
    all within points its nice to not feel guilty about treats ,and it keeps me from a total blowout

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Eless

Eless Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know exactly what you mean.. like: I could have a mars bars OR prawn chow mein.. it's a bit of a no-brainer..

20. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I probably have a takeaway... I've managed to cut back on these, instead of having one, maybe two a week [well 4 a week when I was at my worst, 3 years ago], the fella and I have 1, maybe 2 a month, and one meal out generally speaking.

And if it's Indian, instead of having a starter, curry, rice, bread and poppadoms, we share a starter, have curry, and share the bread. Obviously he still gets his heaps of rice and poppadoms. I only like the red onion-y stuff that comes with them though :p

Agree with the flexibility of WW. I am happy that I can have anything I want! :)

21. Eless

Eless Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    But for treats: I keep ww crisps (1point) in stock or French fries (2points), curly wurlys (2.5 points), Go ahead yoghurt breaks (1point per biscuit and they are yummy), ww biscuits (1.5), go ahead biscuits (1point each)

22. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

omg, that sounds like me :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.