Treats

poogatch

One thing I've found really helpfull is something I consider a treat that's still within the rules and I wonderd if anyone else did this? I find that if I "treat" myself every now and then it makes eating healthy feel a lot more dooable.

I've got two kinds of treats: additions and deserts.

Additions are things like low fat cheese, if a meal I'm making has scope for a product that isn't within the 100g rule on it's own but combined with a low fat meal still fits in I'll occasionally add it. So for example if I'm making pasta and bolognaise I can sprinkle a low amount of low fat cheese on top. It feels naughty and indulgent but in reality still fits within the rules.

For deserts I only really have one thing and it's some kind of miracle food haha. Ben and Jerrys frozen yoghurt is within the 5% rule. I nearly fainted when I found out I must admit but was curious as to how it would stand up to it's big brother but it tastes great! Phish food and chocolate fudge brownie are available as frozen yoghurts and these where my favourite ice cream versions and I can hardly tell the difference.

Obviously it's still got a reasonably high amount of calories so you can't go eating a whole tub everyday :p but I like to treat myself to a bowl once or twice a week after a meal.

I also really like the weight watchers desert pots, love the chocolate one.

So anyone else do this kind of thing? would love to share info on the really nice and suprisingly healthy things people have discovered :)

Oh i'll need to try and get some of that ben and jerry's. On a sunday night after dinner i normally make up some angel delight with skimmed milk and have a portion of that. I also freeze the kwenchy kups that i get for the kids and have that as a after dinner treat if i want it xx

I didn't know ben and jerrys frozen yogurt was within the 5% rule *runs to tesco*!!!

I treat myself to a weight watchers dessert on weigh day usually, I go and cook a nice lunch for me and my mum and then have a ww dessert afterwards.
Also (as I am a crisp fanatic :() I will have a bag (or 2) of tesco light choice potato thins a week.

Other than that I am as good as gold but only because I am terrified of ever getting any dodgy side effects! Xenical obv doing it's job then!

x

Sainsburys have B&J on buy one get one free atm btw :)

Although my local one only stocks phish food frozen yoghurt

Iced gems are great for a sugar fix! Also you know the little cheapy lollies you get 10 for a pound? Smart price and the like are only 25 ish cals!

Ive just discovered velvet crunch from Tescos! They are over the 100g rule at 9.8 but over all they are just 2.0g and 83 cals (less that SAJ's)! They taste like a cross between snack a jacks and poppadoms! And are lovey for a friday night treat!

xxx

weight watchers puddings... some of them are in the rules..
i had a cheesecake thing (lemon one) and it was really nice (small but nice) and i also had a chocolate brownie ice thing... which once again small but nice.

sainsburys does a frozen large cheesecake that you could get out for the whole family for sunday lunch or something like that...

Jelly... i love jelly. and if you get the sugar free stuff then some go down a treat...

Back