Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Hi Ruth, sounds like a hectic week for you!

In future, unless there is a reason to keep it secret you are entitled to time off for interviews. An employer can't prevent you attending or force you to take it out of holiday entitlement. Although you may have to take it as unpaid leave.

However it's totally possible that you may not want an employer to know you are scouting. You may already know this so I'm sorry if I'm jumping in! As a law teacher I'm quite keen that everyone knows their rights haha!

Considering how busy you have been you are doing amazingly well to keep on top of your food! I'm impressed by your dedication my lovely x

Hello!!!
It has been a little hectic but it doesn't hurt :)

Thank you for the advice- when the company was going under back in March they let me off for interviews and I applied for every job under the sun- a lot of the interviews are coming back now and I'm not allowed to go, even though we are barely hanging on.

I also work through all of my lunches... Which is why they gave me this afternoon off! I didn't tell them why I needed the afternoon off, but my manager just text me regarding my elbow so I think they believe it's linked to that... I am also going to have to tell them that tomorrow morning, as I have no other option!
Total nightmare.... However my elbow is unbelievably sore and I've had to put my arm in a sling so I could get away with it, but I don't do creeping around or lying and it frightens me :(

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope that you've had a fab weekend and that all is ok with your little ones :)

Cannot wait for tomorrow to be over....

Ruth
X

They can't stop you going completely. That's a breach of contract. It's classed as "reasonable" time off. The only time they can stop you is if there is a particular reason for you to be at work that particular day, so a meeting etc.
Although I get that sometimes it's a hard fight and they may make hints awkward (although they really shouldn't!) Possibly when you tell them make it known that you are aware of this as its a right not a privilege! (My pet hate is employers who take the P. Can you tell???)

Sorry to hear your arm is bothering you. :( physical pain can be such a mental drag :( I hope it improves soon for you!! X

They can't stop you going completely. That's a breach of contract. It's classed as "reasonable" time off. The only time they can stop you is if there is a particular reason for you to be at work that particular day, so a meeting etc.
Although I get that sometimes it's a hard fight and they may make hints awkward (although they really shouldn't!) Possibly when you tell them make it known that you are aware of this as its a right not a privilege! (My pet hate is employers who take the P. Can you tell???)

Sorry to hear your arm is bothering you. :( physical pain can be such a mental drag :( I hope it improves soon for you!! X

Don't worry, I went Hahahahahaha! My mum and dad think that they made up the 6 month no leave rule. Everyone I have told about it thinks that it is totally ludicrous!

I've put a support bandage and dressing on it today, driving me totally nuts! Hopefully it will be ok soon- can't wait to get it seen to and removed. I'm not a pain killer taker either (I'm generally in love with my wheat bag and ice packs) so I find this a bit difficult!

Thank you for your kind words!!

Ruth
X

Well, I am here, I have a migraine (I got a bit stressed out last night)

I am at work alone as everyone else has gone home! I went to my interview this morning closer to home (in Harrogate) and I got offered it there and then, so accepted!!!! I start on Monday 23rd May. Need to resign tomorrow... Which is my worst nightmare! Only need to give 1 week though! So I feel really pleased! Very excited for the future :) Got exactly what I wanted, only female in a group of lads hahaha, Regional Installations Controller for Scotland for a company called EnviroVent :) I could cry I am that pleased! They get free fruit on a Monday and I can still get to class :D

Also, this is a picture of my dinner from last night that I forgot to post...

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Yay well done hun so happy for you.

Dinner looks lovely xxxx

Yay well done hun so happy for you.

Dinner looks lovely xxxx

Thank you very much I am totally elated!!!
My dinner last night was very nice indeed :) leaving my OH to cook for me tonight as I'm not feeling so good! How are you doing?

Ruth
X

Thursday 12th May

Breakfast
Mandarins
Copacabana Mullerlight
Coffee

Lunch
Rest of potato salad (it has been so lovely! Will definitely make it again!!!) with olives, ham and Spring onions (3)
Bitter Lemon-SUGAR FREE (after yesterday's incident)

Dinner
Chicken with Italian Roasted Vegetables
Chicken Breasts
Aubergine
Courgettes
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Onions
Garlic
Chillies
Oregano
Olives (1)
Olive Oil (6)
1.5 Tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayo (3)
Black Seedless Grapes

= 13 Syns

Ruth
X

Oops I forgot to post my meals last night. Didn't feel so well yesterday and ended up going to bed straight after dinner. Totally stressed myself out over lack of leave/job situation and gave myself a hideous migraine so it is my fault and my fault alone!

Anyway, I kept eating! Which I don't normally do and spend the day sipping water and sleeping so pleased myself by managing to eat and keep my energy levels up. Pic of my dinner is below- which was scrummy! I also had mayonnaise for the first time in a while as a side sauce (I eat a lot of Fromage Frais and Greek yogurt instead with mustard now) but used to be a total mayonnaise fiend and had it piled high on everything. Weird to say I didn't miss it much and I will be saving it for every so often :)

Today is also D Day when I am going to have to resign and I am a bit worried. I read through my contract last night for my current role and I need to give 1 week, which I am doing. I just hope that they don't get nasty with me. Anyway, we will see how that goes! I have always worked very hard for them and these job opportunities came up as a result of them almost going bust at the end of March, they told me to apply for jobs and see agencies ASAP so I did, but stopped me attending interviews mid way through April so there's not a lot more that I can say really. I do feel a bit sick at the thought of it though :(

Will let you know how it all goes :) have a fab day everyone! This is the last hurdle to get through...

Ruth
X

Oh hun good luck with work hope it goes ok sweetie.

I am ok just had my first weeks weigh and and lost 7 lbs :)

xxxx

Oh hun good luck with work hope it goes ok sweetie.

I am ok just had my first weeks weigh and and lost 7 lbs :)

xxxx
Wow that's amazing!!!!! Well done! I bet you are totally thrilled!!!!

Ruth
X

I ended up having two lunches- totally starving.
Which I always am after feeling poorly but used to buy loads of rubbish from the shop to keep me going.
Not anymore...

Got home a couple of hours early and made this bad boy. I used to eat this when I did SW when I lived in Scarborough
Wholewheat Pasta, fat removed bacon, capers, lots of mushrooms!!!!, olives, garlic, S&P, frylight. Cook the pasta and fry the other bits at the same time. Drain the pasta then put the bacon etc in the pasta pan and add the pasta back to it with more frylight.
Take off the heat for 5 mins and add 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt (so it's cool enough that it doesn't curdle). Yum yum and it tastes naughty!!!!
I had an avocado and ham salad for my first lunch too (oops), I was so close to running to Asda for naughty things too.. Blumming TOTM :/ anyway so far so good!
Now to plan tea Hahahah!
That below is 1 Syn :eek:

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Surprise Date Night!
We are going to Sukhothai (Thai for anyone that didn't guess) help! I have no idea what to eat!!! Just scouring the menu now for ideas!

Ruth
X

I was extremely well behaved! I am now totally stuffed- although it was the perfect meal for totm
It was all 100% fresh and individually cooked to order. No MSG and no nasties.
I ordered Gluten Free but they don't serve bread products really so I was ok.
I ate:
2x Homemade Thai Crackers (about the size of a prawn cracker each- they tasted similar but of salmon and pepper?)
Jasmine Thai Tea
1x Diet Coke
Starter: Chicken Spicy Thai Salad:
Served on an iceberg lettuce leaf it was chicken pieces with fresh Chillies, onions, coriander, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, tomatoes, yellow peppers and pak choi. So nice and very spicy!
Main Meal: Mixed Seafood in Oyster Sauce with Steamed Vegetables:
Squid, Prawns and Mussels served with Shoots, Spring Onions, Regular Onions, Peppers, Chilli, Garlic and Coriander in an Oyster Sauce with a side order of undressed freshly steamed carrots, Bok choi, broccoli, white onions and Spring onions.
Oh goodness it was so nice!!
I also wore a dress that I couldn't fit into in January (below)

Off to bed soon as very stuffed indeed!
No idea how to syn tonight either!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Friday 13th May

Breakfast:
Coconut & Lime Mullerlight
Mandarins
Coffee

Lunch #1
Avocado 50g (5)
Cider Vinegar
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Ham Slices
2x Jaffa Alpen Light Bars (HEB)

Lunch #2
Wholemeal Pasta
Fat Removed Smoked Bacon
Mushrooms
Olives (1)
Capers
Frylight
Garlic
Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Dinner:
Diet Coke
Jasmin Tea
Spicy Chicken Thai Salad (I'm putting the rest of my Syns for this just in case) (2.5)
Mixed Seafood In Oyster Sauce with Steamed Vegetables (Chinese takeaway Syns in eating out guide say chicken in oyster sauce is 6.5 so I will take that?) (6.5)

= 15 Syns

Ruth
X

Today we are going to see my Grandad. Stopping at Waitrose first so going to get a black coffee and some grapes! Then nipping to see my grandad to make sure he is ok.
Then we would normally go out for lunch to a really nice little Farm Shop Cafe. I have been on their website and looked and their menu and I kid you not, nothing is SW friendly. My mum says I'm not allowed to just go and sit in the car (as if I would ;) )
I think I am going to have their chicken Caesar salad and then call it quits for the day. They do omelettes but my mum said she's not happy about me having that... (As she could make it at home) I must stress that before SW I used to eat either a steak baguette with homemade chips and salad or a club sandwich with salad :eek: which are both very nice, but also a bad idea!

Ho hum. We will see

Ruth
X

Well I was very good (very proud of myself)
Ordered a chicken Caesar salad but with the dressing and croutons separately on the side.
Therefore I had a massive bowl of different types of shredded lettuce, shredded bacon- with no fat (I told them!!!) with a lovely runny orange poached egg, 3 anchovies and some Parmesan shavings.
I didn't touch the croutons but had about a tsp worth of dressing- it was so rich! But very tasty :) very yummy indeed!
I had a Diet Coke and a black filter coffee for afters. On my way home now to have some frozen fruit so pretty pleased with my efforts as far as eating out is concerned!

On another note, went to Barnsley market and managed to get 1lb of Ham for my salads for £1.99. Can't beat it really! Yum yum!
My wonderful parents have also bought me some curried cauliflower and potatoes that they made me last night which I thought was nice of them. My grandad has also given me some potatoes from his garden so I am drowning in potatoes!!!

Ruth
X

Hey Ruth :D , sorry I've been AWOL from diaries. Just catching up now. Wow its good to see you posting regular and I love reading your diary, so much more interesting than my life right now :p . Congrats on your new job and I'm loving the pics you have posted of yourself, you look gorgeous hun :), your shrinking by the day :eek: . Sorry you've been having pain in your arm, hope your feeling better now. Well done on eating out sensibly last night, I need your will power :1461:, I'm still not quiet there yet ;) .

I've been loving your food pics too, some yummy meals you've made :eat: . You said it's raining potatoes :D so thought I'd post up a SW recipe for you. Don't know if your a fan of curries, but this is one of my fav's from the SW website, it's called `Aloo Gobi ' which is potato and cauliflower curry, it's yummy and only takes 30 mins to make and just a few ingredients (if you have some spices already at home). It's lovely served with plain boiled rice :).

Here it is :-

http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/aloo-gobi.aspx

Hope your having a lovely weekend ! Speak soon.

Kay xx

Hey Ruth :D , sorry I've been AWOL from diaries. Just catching up now. Wow its good to see you posting regular and I love reading your diary, so much more interesting than my life right now :p . Congrats on your new job and I'm loving the pics you have posted of yourself, you look gorgeous hun :), your shrinking by the day :eek: . Sorry you've been having pain in your arm, hope your feeling better now. Well done on eating out sensibly last night, I need your will power :1461:, I'm still not quiet there yet ;) .

I've been loving your food pics too, some yummy meals you've made :eat: . You said it's raining potatoes :D so thought I'd post up a SW recipe for you. Don't know if your a fan of curries, but this is one of my fav's from the SW website, it's called `Aloo Gobi ' which is potato and cauliflower curry, it's yummy and only takes 30 mins to make and just a few ingredients (if you have some spices already at home). It's lovely served with plain boiled rice :).

Here it is :-

http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/aloo-gobi.aspx

Hope your having a lovely weekend ! Speak soon.

Kay xx

Hello lovely Kay!

No problem at all, you have enough on your plate!!
Thank you for all of your kind words, and also for the recipe too! We tend to eat Indian food roughly twice a week so that's excellent, I can't wait to try it!!! :D
I love posting on here and I feel in control, whereas I never think that I did before. It's a good feeling :) looking forward to getting out of the 13s and into the 12s. That's something really major for me, but got to take it so slowly!!
It's so lovely to hear from you Kay, we have so many spices at home it's ridiculous haha, my OH used to be a chef before he had his accident which is one of the reasons that we cook from scratch so often so I really can't wait to try the Aloo Gobi!!

Take care, I hope that you're having a fab weekend!

Ruth
X

Back