Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Thursday 14th April

Breakfast:
1/2 Grapefruit
Smooth Toffee Mullerlight
Black Coffee
NAS Summer Fruit Squash and Boiling Water

Lunch:
Wafer Thin Ham Slices
2x Boiled Eggs
Mixed Salad Leaves
Celery
Olives
1 Tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayonnaise

Dinner- Chicken Carbonara
Chicken Breast
Pasta
1Tbsp Olive Oil (HEB)
35g Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA)
1 Chilli
3 Egg Yolks
Garlic
Frozen Fruit defrosted in microwave
NAS Peach Squash and Boiling Water

Syns = 3

What a yummy day!!!

Ruth
x

I thought I would try really hard with my dinner (home alone tonight as OH has gone out to play Xbox with his mates...) and I saw a recipe on a site on Facebook so I made it slimming world friendly!
I don't often eat bread as it doesn't particularly agree with me and there was a recipe for fajita stuffed chicken, basically breadless fajitas!

The recipe is as follows:
1x Red Pepper- diced
1x Orange Pepper- diced
1x Yellow Pepper- diced
Salt & Pepper
1x Red Onion- diced
Frylight
2x skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2x tsps chilli powder
2x tsps cumin powder
1 crushed garlic clove
HEA reduced fat cheddar
1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
Water- 1 tbsp

Method:
Dice the onion and peppers, fry in a pan with salt and pepper until soft and almost caramelised. Pour into a dish, add the cheese, yogurt and water, mix and set aside.
Grab two chicken breasts and an extra bowl. Coat the chicken evenly with salt, pepper, cumin powder, chilli powder and garlic. Then cut a pocket in each breast and add some of the pepper and onion filling. Pat closed.
Then sear for 5 minutes in a hot pan with frylight and bake in an oven at 190 degrees fan for 30 minutes.

I must admit, I really struggled to pat mine shut so I packed mine on top! It also made loads of filling which was yum as an aside! I also did homemade slimming world chips with smoked paprika.

Syn free.... Totally gorgeous!
The original recipe had around 4 different types of cheese and lots of oil! That's all I changed!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I failed to upload my dinner from the other day too so here it is! (Well I tried, but the new version of this site is confusing!)

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Friday 15th April

Breakfast
Mandarin Segments
Cherry Mullerlight
Black Coffee

Lunch:
Mixed Salad Leaves
Celery
Wafer Thin Ham Pieces
2x Boiled Eggs
Olives
1 tbsp Light Hellmanns Mayonnaise
2x Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell Bars (HEB)

Dinner:
Fajita stuffed chicken and homemade chips
3x Peppers
Red onion
Salt & Pepper
Chicken Breasts
Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA)
1 Tbsp Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Water
2 tsp Chilli Powder
2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 garlic clove
2 potatoes
Smoked paprika
1 tbsp Olive Oil- split 1/2 across griddle pan for the chicken and 1/2 across the wok for the onion and peppers.
Frozen mango, pineapple and mixed melon pieces
Black Coffee

Syns = 9

Ruth
X

Just been doing a little bit of reading and thinking and completely forgot about my plans for the weekend!

Tomorrow we are going to York to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Grand Opera House, we are also staying overnight even though it's only 45 minutes away by train. My OH has a brain injury and tires easily due to this coupled with Grand Mal Epilepsy so we don't often get to go away or out of Harrogate so it's a bit of a novelty to have a night away!
Anyway, we often cook Indian and Thai food at home, and have decided to go to Akbar's curry house (we love it there!) as a treat!
This has been decided for a while, but it's only just occurred to me how horrendous Indian food is syn wise whilst on SW. The main isn't an issue as I often have a mixed grill which is generally the best item to have on the menu, and it often comes with a salad; neither of us drink, it's just the lovely starters! This will need a lot of planning and thought...

Any advice would be welcomed!

Ruth
X

I cant abide indian food so i have no advice, sorry. but enjoy yourself, nonetheless!! :) I love York x

Thank you I'm hoping it will be a lovely stop over! Aww that's a shame we both love it! Done a bit of reading up and going in fully prepared!

I hope that you have a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

Brunch!

Left over dinner from yesterday with 3 egg whites (left over In the fridge) and two eggs with some shredded ham and salt and pepper. Lovely to keep me going along with some frozen melon! Sometimes omelettes don't turn out right though eek!

Hoping that this will keep me going through until this evening for my curry!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Just getting ready to have breakfast after a wonderful stay in York! The Rocky Horror Show was amazing! I kind of went dressed as Magenta and my partner as Eddie...
image.jpeg
We also had a lovely meal at Akbar's curry house where I was pretty good and really enjoyed myself and didn't actually feel like I was "dieting" at all.
We are just waiting for continental breakfast to come to our room so that will be interesting to see what there is...
Will post my food diary below!

Ruth
X

Saturday 16th April

Brunch:
Coffee with 1% milk from HEA allowance
1.5 Egg Whites
1 Egg
Shredded Ham
Left over potatoes, peppers, chicken, onions, paprika and spices from my dinner yesterday.
Olive Oil HEB
Frozen mixed melon
NAS Peach Squash and Hot Water

Dinner:
1 1/4 Diet Coke* (will explain)
3 glasses water
1 Poppadom (4)
Mango Chutney 1 tsp (1)
Raita 1 tsp (1)
Boiled Rice
Mini Tandoori Chicken Pieces (cut up)- dry (9.5)
I was quite lucky as the main came with a side salad which was yummy so I had that too so got some of my Superfree!

First time I have used all of my Syns and I really enjoyed it- very nice. I also felt totally in control! *i picked up some Diet Pepsi and my OH turned around into me and it fell all down my dress and all over the floor, what a nightmare....

Ruth
X

Breakfast isn't so good, a tray of croissants, orange juice, petits filous, cornflakes, weetabix and then a banana, orange and apple.
My OH has eaten every single thing except the orange and apple.... The greedy bugger haha (I'm allergic to bananas) I also don't eat cereal :/
Oh well, got the rest of the day to look forward to!

Ruth
X

Had a bit of a nightmare getting home. Engineering works on the railway line meant a coach and it ended up taking triple the time. Hey-Ho. Did a bit of gardening and then made myself some lunch.

2 poached eggs with shredded ham, tomatoes, salad and light mayo with 1/2 tsp English mustard. I put cider vinegar on the salad and tomatoes too. So delicious and very filling- looking forward to a lazy afternoon now, extremely tired after all of that walking around York!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Hi Ruth!

I see you stop smoking, well done! I give up over 18 years ago.:)

You both look cute in your outfits!

Love your diary and food photos...you look to be well organised.

Hi Ruth!

I see you stop smoking, well done! I give up over 18 years ago.:)

You both look cute in your outfits!

Love your diary and food photos...you look to be well organised.

Hello Mini!

Thank you for the lovely comments! Well done on the stopping smoking! It's amazing the change its made to my fitness level and sense of taste!
I do hope that I am organised, when I have done SW in the past I was always so tired when working shifts and so unorganised and reliant on Hotel food. Now I'm just having fun experimenting and cooking properly for the first time!
I do hope that you're well and that you're having a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

I worked in the hotel industry many moons ago and after awhile hotel food becomes very boring ...Nothing like your own home cooked food :)

Relaxing here before heading out to visit some friends...I hope you are having a nice relaxing Sunday.

I worked in the hotel industry many moons ago and after awhile hotel food becomes very boring ...Nothing like your own home cooked food :)

Relaxing here before heading out to visit some friends...I hope you are having a nice relaxing Sunday.

Definitely I couldn't agree more! Have a lovely time with your friends!

Ruth
X

Sunday 17th April

Breakfast (of sorts)
Black Coffee
Apple
Satsuma

Late Lunch!
Mixed Salad Leaves
Tomatoes
Cider Vinegar
Shredded wafer thin ham
2x Poached Eggs
1 tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayo (2)
1/2 tsp English Mustard (1/2)
Defrosted Grapes
Tea & Milk HEA

Dinner
Tinned tomatoes
Aubergine
Sweetcorn
Onion
Garlic
Red Chillies
Olives (1)
Dill
Basil
Chicken Breast
Olive Oil HEB
Salt & Pepper
1/4 Baguette Asda Garlic Bread (4)
Frozen Melon

7.5 Syns

Ruth
X

This is my dinner!
I gave 2 slices of garlic bread to my OH. It's funny, it was ok, but I haven't really missed it (the bread) I don't really eat bread at all, but will eat wholemeal wraps and garlic bread every so often. Tonight was the first time I ate some and it was ok, but I'm going to find a substitute.

However, the rest of it was totally scrummy!

Ruth
X
image.jpeg

Hi there. Funny how a new regime can change habits. I never went back to regularly eating bread when I stopped eating it whilst on a vlcd. Have a great week,

Ali

Hi there. Funny how a new regime can change habits. I never went back to regularly eating bread when I stopped eating it whilst on a vlcd. Have a great week,

Ali

Hi there Ali!

Thank you for your post! I'm hoping that it totally stops with me really, it's good to see that a regime can help to kick certain habits into touch, although a slice of bread generally turns my stomach now if I think about it :/
I hope that you're well, have a lovely week!

Ruth
X

Back