Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Oh your pudding looks lovely! You can't beat a meringue- sweet hit but low syn :)
Thank you, I'm going to study the menu and see what will be my safest bet before I go.. Tough one!
Work was good but I was shattered again last night haha. I used all my syns on making a s'more with the kids- it was well worth it! X

Well I hope you have a lovely time! I love meringues! They're my new thing!!! Aww that sounds lovely with the kids! Hope you've had a fab day!

Ruth
X

Dinner!
image.jpeg
4x Asda Hot and Spicy Chicken Breasts (2) with stir fry veg. Then 2x meringues (6) with a Skyr Apple and Loganberry yogurt (1) yum yum!

38/105

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Had a bit of a funny day...

I had my presentation interview for that position at work for the Installations Team Leader which went well, although I am unsure I have got through due to the period of time I have been with the company!

I then phoned my mum and dad when leaving work to report back to be told that my grandad fell ill last night but they didn't want to bother me what with my interview being today. Unfortunately he has got worse this evening.... So I've got that on my mind :/ he fell in the street yesterday and keeps having seizures but he has a bleed on the brain now too. He is 84 but I still don't know what to do or say to my mum...

Ruth
X

So sorry to hear about your grandad hun. Got everything crossed he will start to improve. My grandma is 96 and think everything seems worse when they are a bit older but I am sure he will bounce back. Big hug x

Thanks @Hunny85 im hoping he will be ok. They were about to discharge him because he seemed ok but confused and my uncle had just come to pick him up but then he started having seizures so he's been kept in. They've sedated him which is for the best. He is as tough as an old boot so hoping that things will be fine. Will find out tomorrow hopefully. My parents are going over first thing.

Ruth
X

Sending hugs and positive vibes - hope things look up soon for your granddad.

I love those Skyr yogurts - they feel so 'naughty' for just one syn

Thanks @Torn_Tranquility im just hoping that because they've sedated him it will give his body a bit of a rest :)

That's the first time I've had those yogurts, I was on my own last night and I wanted something nice to go over my meringues. They've gone on the shopping list!!!! Yum yum!!
Hope you're ok- well done on your loss you star!

Ruth
X

Food for today
image.jpeg
Porridge HEXB with frozen fruit and honey (1) my bloomin honey has gone hard, it's driving me mad! And also a coffee. Stir fry mixed veg left over yesterday with chopped up chicken breasts and hot sauce (1) with 2x boiled eggs.

Ruth
X

Well done on the interview Ruth, everything crossed for you! I'm sure if you impressed them and are right for the job then your history at the company shouldn't factor in too much.
Sorry to hear about your grandad, I do hope he is feeling better today :-( Scary times. Thinking of you x

Thanks very much @Poppet12 :) he isn't having seizures anymore as they've given him meds but his brain is very scrambled. Fingers crossed he gets better over the weekend.
Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Well unfortunately I didn't get the job (as I thought) but they had good reasoning... They said how brilliant my presentation was and that I obviously had a flare for things like that and that they could see me going far in the company, particularly in the technical and design sides (my overall goal) so they want to push and train me a bit harder. Therefore I have technical knowledge training starting at the end of this month, and I have been given the hardest and most varied area of the country to look after with all of the major contracts etc- London and the South East. So bye bye to North West and North Wales! A big task, but I am raring to go!

My grandad is on an acute ward, he isn't having seizures as they've given him some medication. He seems to be having internal conversations with himself and is very confused so we will see how he goes this weekend.

Having a glass of low alcohol fizzy blackcurrant wine stuff (4%!) that my brother bought me from M&S for my birthday! Any ideas of Syns? Can't find it anywhere.. On MFP, the app or anything...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ruth
X

Oooo and my Fitbit band which is pink went a really funny colour, nothing would get it off so I got this in the post today! Yay!
image.jpeg

Ruth
X

So I had a fruity pop for afters at 1.5 Syns. No idea re the wine but I had 1.5 glasses worth and it was lovely. Going to call it 15.

53/105

Ruth
X

Well unfortunately I didn't get the job (as I thought) but they had good reasoning... They said how brilliant my presentation was and that I obviously had a flare for things like that and that they could see me going far in the company, particularly in the technical and design sides (my overall goal) so they want to push and train me a bit harder. Therefore I have technical knowledge training starting at the end of this month, and I have been given the hardest and most varied area of the country to look after with all of the major contracts etc- London and the South East. So bye bye to North West and North Wales! A big task, but I am raring to go!

My grandad is on an acute ward, he isn't having seizures as they've given him some medication. He seems to be having internal conversations with himself and is very confused so we will see how he goes this weekend.

Having a glass of low alcohol fizzy blackcurrant wine stuff (4%!) that my brother bought me from M&S for my birthday! Any ideas of Syns? Can't find it anywhere.. On MFP, the app or anything...
View attachment 183644
View attachment 183642

View attachment 183643

Ruth
X
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but looking on the positive side if they are willing to offer you training they must think you are worth investing in, take all the training on offer and when the next position becomes available it will have your name written all over it.
Hope you're Grandad gets better real soon, thinking of you and your family at this worrying time xx

Had a bit of a funny day...

I had my presentation interview for that position at work for the Installations Team Leader which went well, although I am unsure I have got through due to the period of time I have been with the company!

I then phoned my mum and dad when leaving work to report back to be told that my grandad fell ill last night but they didn't want to bother me what with my interview being today. Unfortunately he has got worse this evening.... So I've got that on my mind :/ he fell in the street yesterday and keeps having seizures but he has a bleed on the brain now too. He is 84 but I still don't know what to do or say to my mum...

Ruth
X
Times like this sometimes there are no words... Just you being there for your Mum is more important than what you say.
Take care xx

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but looking on the positive side if they are willing to offer you training they must think you are worth investing in, take all the training on offer and when the next position becomes available it will have your name written all over it.
Hope you're Grandad gets better real soon, thinking of you and your family at this worrying time xx

Thank you for kind your words and advice, it's appreciated. I will indeed take all of the training that I can with open arms! They seem to have other plans for me, in a different sense... It's weird as my current role isn't really linked to the technical side in any way (but its where I want to end up!) and they're already starting to give me training!
I think my mum and me are going to get the train to see my Grandad this afternoon so thank you for the well wishes.
I also hope that you are ok too and that you have a lovely weekend :)

Ruth
X

Times like this sometimes there are no words... Just you being there for your Mum is more important than what you say.
Take care xx

That is very true- my mum did ring to thank me for listening and 'being there' it is so strong and important. It does put it all in perspective. Thank you, and hope you're ok

Ruth
X

Sorry you didn't get the job Ruth, but good to hear they are training you and you have obviously done something right if they are putting you in charge of London! I agree with Ra-ra that the next one will have your name on it :)
Good to hear that the seizures are under control- hopefully over the weekend things will improve!
Re the fizzy wine- I'm sure lower alcohol stuff is less syns- there's something about it in the booklet in the syns section? X

Sorry you didn't get the job Ruth, but good to hear they are training you and you have obviously done something right if they are putting you in charge of London! I agree with Ra-ra that the next one will have your name on it :)
Good to hear that the seizures are under control- hopefully over the weekend things will improve!
Re the fizzy wine- I'm sure lower alcohol stuff is less syns- there's something about it in the booklet in the syns section? X

Yes I am very excited to start my new area with my new engineers although I know it will be a bit of a challenge :) how exciting! I think if another job comes up it will be out of the department I'm in now so I will stay put for a bit, learn as much as I can and try and get myself over to design and technical :)
Thank you, I'm sure he will improve I just keep having to explain to my mum that it's a matter of time. I know that when my OH has seizures he is often very confused for around 3+ days, and my grandad is in his mid 80s so we need to keep that in mind :)
Yes I did have a look at the low alcohol stuff! 5.5 Syns for a 250ml glass, so I would call it 8 overall. They are lovely drinks and very refreshing! They do a mojito and peach Bellini one too... They don't really interfere with my medication either so if they really are that low (I think I may email SW) then they will be something I can rely on as a treat!!
How are you doing? You feeling back to normal?

Ruth
X

Back