Triathlon Challenge

synstar

In order to try and get my lazy bottom off the sofa and doing some exercise I have decided to set myself the challenge of completing the Ironman Triathlon - not all on the same day, though, obviously - that'd be crazy :eek:!!! The distances for this

Swim: 3.86km - I usually swim 1km when I go to the pool, so this should be straightforward.
Cycle: 180km - This is much more challenging. I collapsed in heap after just 10 mins last time I went on the exercise bike. I do better when out on a real bike though, so will be dragging darling son for bike rides (weather permitting)
Run/walk: 42.2km - I'm going to start the c25k, but will also include any 'extra' walks etc I do.

If anybody would like to join me on this challenge, it would be great to have folks to share it with. :)

Hello, yes I would love to join this idea!

I'll start it from what I've done today :)

Swimming: 400m out of 3.86km
Cycling: 3 miles out of the 112 miles
Running/Walking: 2 miles out of the 26 miles - Edited: 11/9/12... Up to 5 miles today :)

Looking forward to this, such a good idea!!

Last edited:
Haannah - yay! So glad someone else want to join in!!

Kimboowee - just keep track of how far you walk/run, cycle or swim and keep updating on here until you have completed all the distances. Can be done in the gym, or in the great outdoors - swimming is best done in the pool though ;)

Sounds like fun, I've not been swimming in ages. I'll have to convert to miles though:rolleyes: I'm not in to km.

Me me me I wana join in!! I love swimming and do go swimming quite a lot so that part will probs b completed quite quickly but I want 2 broaden my variety of sport!!!

Swim day is friday so depending on weather 2moro I mite try a run/walk/crawl while my sons at school!!!

Well, I have been so busy at work that apart from a 3km walk the other day I haven't m,ade much headway on this yet!! I did go any buy some running shoes today though, and have downloaded c25k, so hopefully over the weekend should make some good progress!!

Me me me I wana join in!! I love swimming and do go swimming quite a lot so that part will probs b completed quite quickly but I want 2 broaden my variety of sport!!!

Hi Pececito! I'm just the same - love swimming, but have never really got into running and cycling. My son just learnt to ride a bike though, and I want to take him out as much as possible so that he can get confident on it. And I'd like to try running so i can go when the pool is closed.:)

So I've put the swimmings into metres (because then I can work it out by widths of the pool if that's ok) and the others into miles.
Also think I'm going to stick with the running being that rather than walking :)

Swim: 3864 metres - 400 metres
Cycle: 111.85 miles - 3 miles
Run : 26.22 miles - 7.5 miles

Still love this idea as these are my three forms of body magic really, so perfect motivation, thank you!

Well I haven't done much work since sayin I was goin 2 do this!!! Hangover took over yesterday so Neva got 2 the pool. I start Uni on Monday do I'm going to try fit in as much as I can inbetweener. I will b walking 2milea each day gettin 2 and from Uni so that'll help :D

What a wonderful idea. I took part in the London Duathlon on Sunday (5k run/11k cycle/5k run) which was very tough.

I'm not a swimmer or I would join you.

Good luck :)

Went for a really lovely bike ride with the boy today. Did about 4km out and 4km back. Would have done more, but he was tired. He only learned (rather belatedly) to ride a bike this summer, so didn't want to push it too much. I might try and get out and do the whole trail (10km each way) myself soon.

Went swimming this morning, but can't really count it towards the distance as it was with the kids so couldn't do lengths. Will be going Monday night, though, and will do at least 1km then.

My new running shoes (Sketcher's Run) are the most comfortable thing that have ever been on my feet - makes me want to go out running just to wear them...:)

I'm going to struggle with the swimming, I love swimming, but all the pools around here are 'fun' pools:confused: so I may have to do a bit of thinking!!

Anyway we went geocaching yesterday & walked 4miles.

Swim: 2.39 miles
Cycle: 111.85 miles - 2.7 done 109.15 remaining
Run/walk: 26.22 miles - 6.75 done 19.47 remaining

Lovely morning here today, so took myself off for a bike ride after dropping the kids off at school. Managed to go slightly further than the other day, but found it much harder work as didn't have an excuse to keep stopping (which my ds provided last time). So reckon 5km out and 5km back. Add that to the 5km I did on the exercise bike last night and I'm starting to make some headway. I find the exercise bike an absolute killer compared to cycling for real, so will try and get out on the bike as much as I can while the weather holds. The plan was to go swimming tonight, but that might be overdoing it for one day (didn't want to miss the lovely weather this morning in favour of the pool!). See how I feel later.

I realised as I cycled to work today, I only put the miles in for cycling to work & not back, silly me:eek: So I've now updated what I've done so far with the correct info.

Cycle to work & back today + 2.7 = 8.1 & yesterdays geocaching 4miles.

Swim: 2.39 miles
Cycle: 111.85 miles - 10.8 done 101.05 remaining
Run/walk: 26.22 miles - 10.75 done 15.47 remaining

Hey!!! Finally got my act together and have done my first run. I've had to convert everythin to miles though as I'm not so good with km!

Run - 1.4miles done
24.82 miles left

Swim - 0.6 miles done
1.8 miles left

Cycle - 111.85 miles left

The cycle is going to be a little difficult for me as I don't have a bike and I'm not a member of a gym however I'm going to seein my darlin bf will bring his round to mine for a bit

Well that's me for today! Goin to try do some more tomorrow see how I feel

Last edited:
Another successful visit to the swimming pool

1.2 miles done
1.2 miles left

I'm going out this evening so nothing will be getting done tomorrow and I'm takin the kids tubing on Sunday so again day off. Will pick back up next week when I have the time around Uni

Hope everyone else is loving the challenge

Back