Trying a new Diet again .......

Martcu

Hi all
I've been really pee'd off all things diabetes lately my bg is all over the place my diet is gone to pieces would just prefer to eat a bar of chocolate three times a day if I could. Just really fed up of being fat, tired, depressed feeling useless, old am 46 by the way, and always watching what I eat I always seem to be waiting for something to change possibly miraculously of course, however I know only I can take myself in hand ( but you really do get fed up always trying but never getting there iykwim!!!)
I have decided to do the Atkins diet I have just gotten the book from amazon and am getting through it now, I take 35 units of insulin in the am and 25 pm also 500 metformin 4 daily and 60mg of diamicron mr a day the insulin is humilin now for those of you on insulin and if any of you lovely girls are doing Atkins could you tell me should i just continue with that amount of insulin or lower it and any ideas for breakfasts at work have access to microwave my diabetes care doctors etc is not good so they'd be of no help you know eat loads of carbs rubbish
So there you are my rant for today and my plan for the future all in one any comments gratefully received

Mary xxxxxx

Hi Mary. I am a diabetic and an atkinser. The Atkins lifestyle has gotten my bg's completely under control and I now take less insulin than I ever have. Apart from that the weight has been dropping off me with almost no effort at all. I am delighted and so is my doctor.
Come on over to the Atkins forum and have a good read of the stickies, especially Jim's "So you are thinking of starting Atkins." We are a really friendly crowd and will do everything we can to help and support you. :)

Thanks Leanne I really want to get myself together both for my health and my self esteem which has never been lower, I have read Jim's sticky really helpful am writing down all I need to be doing I have a wedding on the 6th August so will hold off starting til after that then I hope to start an atkins diary so I can stay on track I will appreciate the help Thanks a mill
Mary xxxx

I just wanna share that Diabetic people can already include natural sweeteners on their diet. It has no impact on their blood sugar level and very healthy. One good natural sweetener I know is Natvia.

I restarted Slimming world a couple of weeks ago after getting out of hospital again. I have to say it has kept my sugars to below 10. The odd occasion it has gone up to about 17, but that's my own fault (sometimes i have my tea earlier or later than usual..and the time i take my insulin changes).

For my breakfast i tend to have a banana and weetabix or fruit and yogurt, or even egg and beans! This seems to give me energy throughout the day and stops me dropping into a hypo.
I was shocked today, that at 1pm my sugar was 6!

I have never looked into Atkins. But i hope it works for you :D

Back