trying again

realme2B

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd say hello! Just setting out with SW again today. TBH I'm a bit apprehensive - I've lost weight with SW in the past, so I know it works, but I also feel like I have been down this road before, and now I'm back where I started :-(. I'm so fed up of being this size, I'm ready to try again - but I think I'm going to need a little help to get going and lots of support along the way!! I'd love to be out of the 'obese' category - so into the 12st something bracket by my birthday in December. Please help me get there!!

A xxx

Good luck.. My advice is don't look at it as a diet otherwise you get fedup. See it as a life change, healthy eating. It helps me get to where Im heading to. The word diet sounds depressing lol. Life style change sounds fun, the change of what you want to become x

Hi there - i've done sw many times - got to target once but last couple of times have lost weight then put it back on - and some. Started again in may with completely different attitude. Not in it for a quick fix this time with no time limit. I'll get to my goal when I do - i've learnt that if I set myself goals/targets for holidays/Xmas etc I fail. I will have holidays/ birthdays but will carry on my weight loss after that. I enjoy the eating plan & feel so much better when i'm following it.
Good luck with your weight loss.
Angela x

Hi there!

Thanks for the words of welcome!! I totally agree about the dangers of setting target dates - especially unrealistic ones!! I've fallen into that trap before too!! I know this has to be a long term lifestyle change, and tbh that is what I want. But I also don't want to turn 37 feeling as miserable about myself as I did when I turned 36 (and for that matter 35...). 30lbs in 23 weeks isn't too unrealistic is it?

A xxx

Hi,

30 lbs in 23 weeks is manageable. Good luck with restarting :)

I joined sw in october, and by feb had lost 2 stone 8 to get to target. That took about 16 weeks. Everyone is different though, so as long as the scales go in the right direction it's all good. haven't gone back to class since, but have stayed in and around target by following the plan on and off. I restarted properly on sunday, just to see if i can still be disciplined to stick to it. I weighed myself on sunday and i am a little under target. I am considering trying to lose another half a stone.

To be honest, after nearly 3 days 100% on plan I feel really well. It's a great plan!

Lauren

I think that's a realistic target. There is so much support here to help you on your way too.

Good luck & enjoy x

Yeah its a realistic target. Good luck x

Welcome back to SW, Go for it! you should be able to achieve your target within your time scale, remember we are all here for you should you stray of the path, be positive, see that final weight in your mind and think of how you will feel when you get there. If you need help, just ask!
Pete

Welcome back. I've lost count of the times Ive restarted. I've had a great 1st week - plenty superfree, water, walks with the dog etc only to get weighed last nite & I'd put on 2lbs!!! Mortified. I practically ran out of that meeting there was no way I was staying for class. I can honestly say hand on heart I stuck to the green plan. Bizarre thing is I felt thinner just prior the wi !! Anyway I will NOT give up I can not be this weight for a minute longer. Anyone got any theories on this one lol

hunca said:
Welcome back. I've lost count of the times Ive restarted. I've had a great 1st week - plenty superfree, water, walks with the dog etc only to get weighed last nite & I'd put on 2lbs!!! Mortified. I practically ran out of that meeting there was no way I was staying for class. I can honestly say hand on heart I stuck to the green plan. Bizarre thing is I felt thinner just prior the wi !! Anyway I will NOT give up I can not be this weight for a minute longer. Anyone got any theories on this one lol

It does happen sometimes. Obviously its only week one so maybe it could be that you've misUnderstood part of the plan? Or that green just isn't the right plan for you? Maybe try it for another week and see.

Also if your drinking lots of water that can affect things but it's just SO good for you I wouldn't want to say don't!! The extra exercise can have an effect too. Did you leave a food diary with your C? If not keep one all week and ask him/her to Have a quick look to check theres nothing majorly wrong. Next time you have a gain pleeeeeease stay to class!! That's EXACTLY when you need the support the most!! I don't think there's a person out there who gets to target WITHOUT a single glitch. I gained 1.5lb the other week and lost 4lb the next.

Back