Trying new thing!

Wairimu

I did my weekly shop tonight, and trying to find new things to eat to get out of the fry up/meat & veg routine. So to night I bought.
Grilled cheese to try, not a big fan! Tasted like rubber as soon as it cooled down a bit, but ok hot.
Tinned Mackerel Fillets in a hot chilli dressing (trace carbs, 2 tins for £1 on offer) and these were lush. Not really hot but sooo good. Will be stocking up for salads!

Was wondering what new things have you tried recently, any good?

OOOO, love frying cheese, halloumi or something like that even better when its slightly blackened and mackeral, good choice of dinner :)

I love Halloumi... makes my teeth squeak!

Don't over cook the halloumi (or it gets REALLY rubbery), and try it with some lemon juice. If it's too salty, try washing it first under running cold water.

Drool... now I want some!

If there was a competition between Stilton and Halloumi for World's Sexiest Cheese I'd be hard pressed to pick a winner!

I did my weekly shop tonight, and trying to find new things to eat to get out of the fry up/meat & veg routine. So to night I bought.
Grilled cheese to try, not a big fan! Tasted like rubber as soon as it cooled down a bit, but ok hot.
Tinned Mackerel Fillets in a hot chilli dressing (trace carbs, 2 tins for £1 on offer) and these were lush. Not really hot but sooo good. Will be stocking up for salads!

Was wondering what new things have you tried recently, any good?
I did cajun chicken skewers and spicy wedges last night. lush!!

Piglet, get yourself to the cheese isle and start working your way through. You'll find something that floats your boat.

:)

Piglet, get yourself to the cheese isle and start working your way through. You'll find something that floats your boat.

:)

OMG! I love loads of cheese! I'm a bit concerned about the number of people that say it stalls them though.....is this loats of people or just the "rare" ones?

You gotta try first and see how you get on, Piglet :) The scales will soon tell you if you are one of the "rare" ones, like me.

You certainly are rare Susie. :)

As in exotic. :)

Like me and the diabetic chocolate. I just won't be told. :D

In my opinion just follow what the Atkins book recommends, a little bit of cheese and take it from there. Like the ladies say, the scales will tell you all you need to know!

I can say from my perspective though that I think I would have failed the low carb lifestyle without cheese. Good on you those who manage to do without.

I love my cheese, just miss the toast to put it on lol (and no, it just isn't the same on a mim for me unfortunately, I like my mim to be sweet)

Back