Trying out JUDDD - any advice

curlyzcoop

Hiya everyone - I've been doing SW unsuccessfully since Christmas and am now heavier than when I started! I've been lurking around the forum and really like the sound of JUDDD. Did a bit of googling to find out more and have decided to give it a go so just wanted to say hi! :)

I had a DD yesterday and really enjoying having an UD today. I felt ok on my DD though, probably because of all the indulgence over the weekend!!

This forum is great - found it really helpful to learn more about JUDDD from people who are doing it at the moment. Thank you for all your advice and giving a real insight into what to do :)

Fingers crossed the weight starts to come off :)
X

Hi and welcome, so lovely to have so many new members, really hope it works for you, I am sure it will. Well done on your 1st DD, it gets easier when you have done a few x

Hi and welcome. This is such an easy diet to follow. The down days can be tough to get through but you can have what you want within reason the next day. Yay!

Hiya - thank you for the warm welcome :)
I've loved having so much choice today on my first UD. I used the calorie calculator on the JUDDD website and am going to try to stick to those limits to start off with. My DD limit is 382 and UD 1912.
X

Welcome to this lovely group :)

I started yesterday and I absolutely love it and I'm sure that you will too :)

Hope that you've had a good day!!!

Ruth
X

Thank you :)

Really enjoyed eating yesterday - a bit nervous about my DD today - but should be busy at work so that should stop me thinking about food!

Have great days everyone x

Been really good all day - stuck to fruit, water and 100mls of milk in my coffee totalling to just over 200 cals. Just got home from work and the OH wants to go for a curry!!! Arghhhh!!! He will have to wait for tomorrow! :/

How is everyone else getting on?

I have felt a bit woozy today, but not really hungry.

X

I felt v sleepy mid morning, but otherwise fine, not hungry at all. I have had a black coffee for brekkie, soup for lunch (137 cal) and a small soya latte (93) just now. Am sitting in McDonald's drinking a large diet coke whilst my kids have happy meals but doing okay.

Thing I'm loving about this diet is that for every day I complete, I can actually tick off two coz the uds are so easy and really not a diet

curlyzcoop said:
Been really good all day - stuck to fruit, water and 100mls of milk in my coffee totalling to just over 200 cals. Just got home from work and the OH wants to go for a curry!!! Arghhhh!!! He will have to wait for tomorrow! :/

X

Well done you! I'm planning tomorrow's food already! Def smoked salmon & scrambled eggs first thing!

X
Well done you, my OH did the opposite yesterday, it was my UP day and all he wanted for tea was a tin of soup !!, he had his tin of soup and I ended up with a ready meal and oven chips, which I enjoyed but would much rather have cooked us both something nice, men eh haha

I felt v sleepy mid morning, but otherwise fine, not hungry at all. I have had a black coffee for brekkie, soup for lunch (137 cal) and a small soya latte (93) just now. Am sitting in McDonald's drinking a large diet coke whilst my kids have happy meals but doing okay.

Thing I'm loving about this diet is that for every day I complete, I can actually tick off two coz the uds are so easy and really not a diet
Well done excellent DD, esp sitting in Mac d's . Enjoy your UP day tomorrow x

curlyzcoop said:
Hiya - thank you for the warm welcome :)
I've loved having so much choice today on my first UD. I used the calorie calculator on the JUDDD website and am going to try to stick to those limits to start off with. My DD limit is 382 and UD 1912.
X

Do the DD have to be so low? Can you increase the DD and decrease the UD or does it not have the same effect?

Phoenyx said:

Well done you, that's what threw me last week and messed up all my days so as I'm now on opposite days from you guys!

14 lost : 53 to goal

I can't imagine it would have the same effect. The idea is to kick your body into ketosis (fat burning) so upping your calories on the DD wouldn't really help. If you wanted to up the DD and lower the UD then you might as well calorie count (usually 1200 to 1400 for most people) everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LizzieF said:
Do the DD have to be so low? Can you increase the DD and decrease the UD or does it not have the same effect?

I don't know - I only started Monday, but from what I read it's the contrast between your DD and UD that kicks your skinny gene into action. I'm going to do my best to stick to those limits for now and see how the week goes x

Phoenyx said:

I agree :) loving it so far :)

Well done on your DD - especially sitting in maccies - I don't think I could have done that :)

X

bajoleth said:
Well done you, my OH did the opposite yesterday, it was my UP day and all he wanted for tea was a tin of soup !!, he had his tin of soup and I ended up with a ready meal and oven chips, which I enjoyed but would much rather have cooked us both something nice, men eh haha

I know! What are they like!! I've convinced him he wants to cook something for himself and we will go out tomorrow :) the joys of this diet :) love it :) x

Back