Trying SW 5 stone to lose

clair561

Hi everyone after failing dismally on Exante a few months ago:eek: I've decided I've got to do something about my weight but in a realistic way that involves food.
I've got 5 stone to lose so I'm in for the long haul any help would def be appreciated I'm starting tomorrow. I know I can do it I'm fed up with being fat and want to be able to enjoy clothes shopping and taking my kids out without wanting to hide in a corner! :)
Clairxx

:welcome2::welcome2:Hi Clair, welcome to minimins and to SW. Don't be afaid topost any questions you may have or search through all the 1000's of posts on here. I would suggest reading the thread "Advice for newcomers as this info has been written brilliantly and not by a consultant but by someone just like you and me who is on the road to losing weight.

Good luck on your weight lose journey and I will be starting once again with SW tomorrow after trying and failing other weightloss plans have about the same amount of weight to lose.

xxxx

Hi thanks for that Lynne at least I wont be alone in starting tomorrow!! Good luck for your start too, I'm going to have a read of advice for newcomers. Bunny well done on your loss so far! I hope I can be as successful as you.xx

I have nine stone to lose. Exactly half of myself. It sounds awful when I read it in plain black and white, and a bit daunting too, but like you, I'm fed up hanging back and not taking an active part in my own life, or being able to play with the kids.

Hey there I just want to say to you that it can be done! When I first started I felt like I had a mammoth task ahead of me but now I'm nearly 5 and a half stone lighter and reaping the benefits all of that is forgotten! I'd advise you just to break it down into small chucks - each half a stone or clothes size down etc. It just makes it feel more achievable.

Keep checking in here for help and support and don't give up no matter what! If you keep going you will succeed. Best of luck in achieving your goals! x

Good luck :)

I joined online yesterday an I have 5st to lose as well - I have broke mines down Into 1st targets to make it seem less scary xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone thanks so much for your messages it makes me feel a lot better knowing that some have you have already done it. I've started today and so far so good lol! I'm going to take your advice and break into smaller chunks then I wont get down and give up!xx

Good luck Clair from me as well. SW does work but as others have said, work in half stone amounts as trust me 5 stone seems a long way off at the start. Enjoy x

Welcome Clair,

I have lost almost 7 stone since starting last august & although I havent tried other diets in the past I know SW fits in with my day to day life & sets a good example to my kids about healthy eating & moderation. My one piece of advice would be to enjoy the journey instead of focussing too much on the end result as this is what will keep you going on those tough days. Look back & reflect on your journey, how far you have come & how your eating habits have changed since starting.

Good luck :)

I have taken my bust,underbust,waist,bum/hips measurement today as I thought I could redo them every so often as an incentive to carry one, especially if I have a period of STS as I am going to join the local gym and do more walking with my youngest daughter so may see changes in inches / centimetres if not in lbs for a couple of weeks.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck to everyone who has posted on their weight loss journeys if you are just beginning or someway down the road xxx

Back