Trying to decide

Debsie

Hiya,

I need to lose about 4.5 stones after giving birth in October. I'm still breastfeeding so it can't be an aggressive plan but I really need to do something as I'm getting bit depressed abound my weight. I was thinking of either SW or WW. I've done SW before and like the plan but don't like going t group meetings. I like the not having to weigh food though so SW seems better for me that BUT I like the idea of the WW iphone app advertised on the telly. The SW app doesn't seem to be much good.
Any guidance from people who've tried both recently?

Not really done either . But I agree if your breast feeding make sure it's a well balanced sensible plan . Good luck and congratulations on your little one x

Coo-eee! I'm new on here and have successfully lost weight on SW in the past. I'm nursing my 3 mo and intend to go back to group for the first time 2 mo but my Dr won't sign the consent forms for my return so I'm debating whether I should lie and tell group that my daughter is on formula, or to be honest and just hope they bend the rules for me?!

My experience of the two plans is the SW is far more flexible in the real world, encouraging you to cook healthy food everyone can enjoy without taking you down the convenience food path. As a vegetarian it's great as I opt for green days, eating as much quorn, rice, pasta and potatoes as I like! I kid you not!

Really looking forward to following the weight loss path with you, whichever plan you choose!

Hiya,

Thanks for all your encouraging responses. I'd not thought to check with my doctor first - I wonder if I will need to get signed permission? I would think that a supervised plan is preferable to an unsupervised one though.
Looking forward to tagging along with you all :)

Debsie

Back