Trying to keep track!

catkin69

Hello everyone,
I am new here. Have been doing slimming world at home now for a week and was delighted to weigh today to find I have lost 4 and 3/4lbs.
I have stayed mostly on plan with only a hiccough on Sunday when my husband cooked a fantastic steak and Guinness pie!
I have decided to keep a diary to try and keep track of what I have eaten and to use it for reference on good and not so good weeks!
I work nights which does put a spanner in the works a bit but I am trying to find my way.
So today a green day!
B 1 slice WM toast (hexb) ketchup (1) fried egg (1)
banana

L Cheese salad, (hexa) dressing (1)
muller light

D chicken curry(hexb), rice, salad with fat free yoghurt and mint dressing.

tea and coffee with skimmed milk (hexa)

snacks digestive biscuit (3.5) grapes
Will be back tomorrow!
Catherine

Last edited:
I worked last night so meals are a bit back to front but todays plan is/has been!
Red

B at 2am! chicken mug shot (free) , salad of ham (free),cheese (Hexa), lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes and dressing (1),

B at 9am! cocoa (1+ 1/2hexa)
slice wholemeal toast flora (1) honey( )

1430 big cup coffee and digestive (3.5)

1730 1/2 bag crisps (3.5)

1930 cottage pie (Hexb), carrots and mange tout

Rest of hexa for hot drinks.

Thanks Den,
Usually when I am tired and need to keep going I would reach for the rubbish but now I will keep the fridge full of free stuff to grab. Its not too bad at work. Any choccies I lock away in the drawer till the morning so I wont be tempted!
Congratulations on your loss so far. Thats fabulous,
Take care,

Todays plan!
Green!

B. museli (hexb), fat free yoghurt (free), forest fruits with lots sweetener!! (free)

L. lentil and spinach soup (mostly free but will be back with any syns once found recipe book!! Emptying freezer at present!)

D. chicken breast (hexb) with pesto (4) cous cous with roasted vegetables (free) and side salad (free) dressing (1)

hexa will be used in hot drinks and laughing cow triangles if I get the munchies
snacks, fruit.

What a beautiful day!

Well another green day here for ease!

B: 2 slices wm ww bread (hexb) ketchup (1) fried egg (1/2)

L: 1/2 pack pasta and sauce with added peas and corn,
melon

D: salad, ham (hexb), jacket potato, flora(2), cheese (hexa) and a spoon of coleslaw (3)

the other hexa is used for hot drinks for the day

snacks banana, fat free yoghurt and berries with sweetener

I try and keep well under my syns to account for the extras I eat without thinking about!!

Forgive me slimming world for I have synned big style!!
I knew yesterday would be bad because we had friends over. The bottle of fizzy slipped down all too easily in the sunshine which meant I lost all self control and ate a large piece of belgian chocolate cheesecake!!
I havent even tried to add the syns. Too many I know so today is another day!

Today will be green.
B: mushrooms, baked beans, weight watchers bread (hexb) flora (2).

L: will see how hungry I am. Either fruit and yoghurt or pasta and sauce!

D: Either chiili and rice or frittata depending on timings!!

Had the fruit and yoghurt for lunch and a bowl of chilli and rice (hexb) for dinner so have had a good day.
Off to work soon so no evening munchies!

Well I weighed this morning and just a pound off which was a bit depressing but over 2 weeks I guess its not a bad loss!!

Yesterday was a red day and I stuck to plan with 9 syns used.

Today is a green day
B: Mushrooms, baked beans and a fried egg (1/2)
L: ryvita (hexb) with laughing cow cheese (hexa) tomatoes and black pepper. Muller light yoghurt.
S: apple, small piece fruit cake()
D: Jacket potato, flora (2), chilli with lots onions peppers, kidney beans and a hexb of beef!

Have a couple more days of being good before our holiday in the lakes. Lots of walking followed by pub grub!!

Today is another green day.
B: 2 slices of ww bread (hexb), flora (2) and a banana.
L: mushrooms, beans, potato fritters, eggs and bacon (hexb)
D: will be a salad with hexa of cheese and dressing (1)
S: Alpen bar () , mugshot, apple, finger scoop of peanut butter() hangs head in shame!!

Well!!
Lets just say I had a fabulous 10 days away and started well, ended badly.
I have made the decision to join a group to try and keep me motivated. I have found a local one starting tomorrow so will change my weigh days to Thursday.
My husband is also starting a low carb diet tomorrow as its what works for him.
watch this space!!

I did my first extra easy day yesterday which all went to plan.
B: egg fired in fry light, slice wm bread (hexb), ketchup (1)
L: salad with chicken and dressing (1), mugshot
D: skinny lizzie sausage (2), casserole mix (2) jacket potato, flora (2), carrots and french beans,
S: muller light, banana, grapes, choc truffle (2.5)
Total of 10.5 syns.
I used a lot more processed things than I normally would but all a bit chaotic with new diets, kids off and sleepovers!!

Have done all my eating for today as off to work shortly and will be too busy to eat!!
B: porridge (hexb)with half water, half milk (hexa)
L: north african vege stew with salad and dressing (1)
D:pork loin, ratatouille and rice
S: 2 crisps and 2 mini chocs ?4, grapes

Have worked the weekend so a bit behind with my food diary but will post it anyway as a reminder!

Saturday:
Because I have worked nights my meals have been at strange times so in no particular order
Chicken salad sandwich (hexb) with mayo (1) flora (1)
Muller light.
Salmon, boiled rice, peas, corn sweet chilli sauce (1.5) and fruit salad.
Toast (4)
Cocoa (hexa) (2)

Sunday
chicken salad with dressing (1)
Toast (hexb) flora (1.5)
Cocoa (hexa) (2)
Muller light.
Roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast carrots, leeks, broccoli, green beans flora (1.5) gravy (1)
celebration (2)

Really enjoyed my roast veg cooked in my pampered chef roaster with a little flora spray. Yum!

Another Monday.
Have had a good day today. Strange weather. Freezing one minute too hot the next. Had a brisk 40 minute walk with the dog so exercise done!
B: 2 slices wm bread with flora (2) and a banana.
L: Puy lentil soup which had carrots, spinach and onion for the superfree 3rd
D: Bolognaise style!! Mince, onions, courgette, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes with jacket potato, reduced fat cheese (1/2 hexa) and a side salad with dressing (1)
S: 1/2hexa for drinks, plum, celebration(2)

Feel really full so dont think any danger of snacking later!!

Tuesday was
B: WM toast (hexb) with flora (2) and a banana.
L: leftover bolognaise, jacket potato, flora (1) and salad with dressing (1) and a small grating low fat cheese (1/2 hexa)
Snacks: banana, plum, various bits chocolate (6.5) excuse *

Wednesday.
B: chicken salad, dressing (1), muller light and grapes
L: wm bread (hexb), flora (2) and a banana
D: lamb, couscous, roasted veg and a side salad, dressing (1).
S: cocoa (2) banana, grapefruit, a celebration (2)

My first week has been 100%!

Very excited by my 5 1/2 lb loss today. Was going to celebrate with a glass of vino tonight but why spoil it!
Today I have eaten,

B: banana and alpen light bar (1/2hexb)
L: bacon, eggs, mushrooms (2 for butter!), baked beans and grilled tomatoes
D: chicken curry, boiled rice, salad and raita!
S: truffle (2) fruit pastilles (0.5), banana, apple mikado (1)

Hello :) wow just read about your 5 and a half pound loss that's great...I've only just started my diet properly as I keep coming off it n giving in :( I don't go to classes anymore I just go by the boom but would love some comments on my diary if there Is anything I need to improve would be much appreciated :) x

Hi,
I will take a look at your diary. I am no expert and have just eaten as listed!

Friday!
Its not been my best day today. I have been in and out of the house and have felt hungry! Am totally full now though after my supper!
B: 1 slice of hovis granary, wholemeal bread (hexb) with flora (1) and a banana.
L: vege sushi and pineapple.
D: Steak, slimming world chips, salad leaves, coleslaw (1/2)
S: apple, birthday cake (?10.5)

Really fancy a glass of wine but that will take me over my syns and have been 100% for 8 days why spoil it!!

I worked Saturday night so very tired yesterday and forgot to post my diary so here goes!
Feeling really bloated at the moment. think it might be down to all the super free have to confess to not having any with a meal on Sunday!!

Saturday:
B: Dippy egg, wm bread (hexb), flora (1) and a banana.
L: Couscous with roasted veg and a salad with dressing (1)
D: Pork stir fry with noodles.
S: milk (hexa) for drinks, muller light, grapes, apple, choc truffle (2.5) and 2 mikado (1)

Sunday:
B: ham salad, dressing (1), grapes, muller light
L: toast (hexb) scrambled egg, flora (1), ketchup (1), cocoa (hexa +1)
D: beef, new pots, carrots green beans, leeks, onions, sauce (hexa, hexb, +1) horseradish (1)
S: apple, grapes, truffle (2.5)

Had a sneaky weigh and things seem to be still going in the right direction so I guess Im doing ok!!

Back