trying to lose 40lbs by end of March 2017

Day 4 continued again..

So I ate the Olives.. which means my total carb count has gone up to 25g so far.

Supper- I am thinking about... smoked salmon with cream cheese ontop of a plate of salad. And maybe some cucumber.

Just put that into MFP and that would make my carb totals 30g!! that would be my lowest ever!

Sodium is not so great today.. I am in the red by 1k. oops. o_O it appears my homemade soup is the biggest culprit and the olives.

Every weekend goes wrong for me lately. Hoping this weekend I can do it 100% You should Google cream cheese pancakes. My life has changed forever lol, bit of sweetened cream on the side and it's pure heaven. Im so sick of bacon and eggs too, and chicken... Chicken bores me to tears now. Do you have an aldi or Lidl near you?

Oh the sodium is needed in this diet. Critical even. You lose so much salt from your body on this diet, even drinking broth is recommended at times lol. So don't worry at all.

So.. I failed last night. Went to the gym and ran a 5k (in 41 mins which I was happy about! Beat my time of 42mins. lol) Got home and I was so exhausted.. I reached for the birthday cake and 3 peices of Toblerone. *Sigh* So my total carbs for yesterday was 110g :( :(

Marysu.. We have a Lidl near us. Its my main shopping supermarket! How comes?
With regards to the sodium.. I had terrible cramp last night in my calf muscle after going to the gym. Could this be due to not eating enough sodium?

Day 5

Breakfast- 2x bacon, 1x egg and 3x HECK chicken sausages.
Lunch- Ham, pattypan (squash) and Cauli soup with cottage cheese and celery.
Snacks- 2x light babybel and 1x cheddar babybel.

Weight-
14 stone, 13.4 lbs. (I have got to stop weighing everyday! :p)

Last edited:
Woo hoo, you're in the 14's now. Yes that's exactly what happens to me if I don't get enough salt. Also low potassium causes too so the simplest thing is to use LoSalt. It has potassium and sodium.
Was wondering about your supermarket as it's low carb paradise there without the hefty price tag. Our Lidl does a Caesar salad bowl and it's so handy when your are busy, just ditch the croutons. Have you heard of the crustless pizza, just all the toppings fried, baked or microwaved it's absolutely a lifesaver at the weekend.

Thanks for the wahoo. :) I have actually seen this number a couple of times over the past month.. Once I pass 14stone 10.. then I will happy! :D

Thanks for the tip on the salad bowl idea.. I might try that next time I am in a rush for a "grab-and-go" lunch. At the moment I am trying to finish my batches of soup. I made far too much. :rolleyes:

I have never heard of crustless pizza.. how on earth? Do you just slice tomato and put cheese and toppings onto them? lol

So.. are there any "low-faffing" reciepes that you would suggest? I thought about making cloud bread.. then saw how it was made and went.. NAH! :p

Day 5 continued..

So.. someone has bought doughnuts into the office. I am desperatly trying to avoid them after my downfall yesterday. Plus it is my future brother-in-laws birthday today and i'm not sure how we are celebrating. Knowing them.. it will be chinese and birthday cake!

Sadly I am already over on my carbs count. It has to be that damn soup! I am up to 36g. Still below 40g at least.. I just have to be very careful with my dinner. :confused:

The squash will have plenty of carbs in it unfortunately.
At the Chinese I have dry salt and chilli ribs, chicken soup, Cantonese duck or beef dry wok style with stir fry green veg.Do your homework on the menu before you go as every Chinese is different.

The pizza isn't really a pizza but has all the ingredients so it's satisfying. Personally I fry peppers mushrooms onion etc then put it in what even dish you'll be using whether it's oven or microwave, leave off the excess water that comes out of the veg. Then I add some Passata (add basil, oregano and garlic powder if you want) on top off that then I put ham, chicken, pepperoni etc then top off with mozzarella and stick in the microwave or oven.

No faffing, I'd make egg muffins, these last a couple of days in the fridge. There's a good chilli recipe on the Atkins site too, simple cauliflower cheese is another quick one, Thai green curry( just Thai paste, watch the carbs as brands differ and coconut milk and few green beans, some Lidl frozen quarter pounders have like 0.2g of carbs.

Anything I do really is quick or something I can add carbs to for the rest of the family. It's a right pain cooking two lots of dinners. There's a site online called Linda's low carb recipes and I used that religiously when I started, anything marked with an * is suitable for induction.

BTW cloud bread isn't all its cracked up to be IMO anyway.

So I have just had a look at Linda's low carb recipes.. WOW! There is TONS on there. Thank you so much!

I like the sound of the pizza.. I might try that one day.

Chinese wise.. They normally just order a few dishes and let everyone have whatever. Hopefully I can pitch in and go.. please can we have this instead of this? LOL We will see.

I don't have such regular access to the internet over the weekend so wont be updating my diary as often as in the week. lets hope I can try and stay on track as much as possible!

Day 5 continued.

So I was craving for something sweet.. so I went for a hot chocolate with almond milk. I have the Cadbury Highlights one.. which is sadly 4g a serving... But I thought this would be better then grabbing a chocolate bar from the vending machine.. or the blasted doughnuts which are in my eye range! o_O

Day 6, 7 and 8

So.. my weekend food wise was dismal... In all honesty I did not stick to this diet ONE BIT! I tried in the mornings and had my babybels but as the days went on, I just got waylaid.

Friday evening we had Chinese to celebrate my future brother-in-laws birthday. I tried my best to have a smaller portion then normal and I didn't go for seconds. My OH even commented when we got home how much smaller my portion was than normal.. So I felt okay about that. And birthday cake was a small homemade cinabun.

Saturday I had a haircut and the weather was horrible.. raining cats and dogs! Stupidly walked past the Starbucks in town and realised that the Christmas flavours are now in stock. I can't resist an Egg Nog latte.. it is one of my favourite things of all time! So naturally, before I thought about it.. I bought one. I did buy a normal size instead of a large.. because I was trying to be good. But still.. the calories in that is awful! Then in the evening my future Mother-In-Law came over for supper and treated us to Fish and Chips.

Sunday I woke up and thought.. Enough! Only had a coffee for breakfast before rushing out of the door to see my mum. Mum always cooks healthy things, so for lunch we had a chicken stew (too many potoatoes and parsnips though) with cabbage. Cheese and crackers for afters... Okay so not great carbs wise but okay healthy wise. Got home and just couldn't be bothered to cook so ordered an Indian takeaway. o_O

Day 8 food

Breakfast- 1x light babybel and 1x Babybel
Lunch- Cauliflower and Courgette Soup, Light Cottage Cheese with 4x sticks Celery
Snacks- Green Olives

Weight- 15stone 0.8lb (How I have only put on 1.4lbs I don't know! But not complaining! lol)

Day 8 continued

So I am thinking I need to start doing some more exercsie. I have the "30 Day Shred" just sitting there gathering dust on my shelf.. and really its only 30mins ish a day. I should be able to put aside just 30mins or so for exercise! I always feel so much better when I have properly worked out. :confused:

This is probably TMI... but I am having issues with.. getting things moving... Anyone got suggestions on how to eat more fiber? I thought about linseed but I am told the carb count in them are a bit high. o_O

I went off the rails at the weekend as per usual too :D The important thing is getting back on the wagon immediately. In regards to getting things moving, I used aloe Vera juice, the health ship one not the one you get in the supermarket. It's only two cap fulls you drink. The supermarket one is a drink that you consume the whole carton of and is full of sugar and a poor quality aloe juice at that. I found linseed didn't help me at all. Made me even worse, but everyone is different. Dr.Atkins recommends psyllium husk but I never tried them.
We have serious damage control needed to make up for our Naughty weekend :D

Glad to hear I am not the only naughty person this weekend!! (From a selfish point of view! lol)

Thanks for the tip about the Aloe Vera.. I do actually have some stocked at the back of my cupboard. Will start taking that again in the morning!

Back onto the wagon we go. ;)

Day 8 continued

I am not sure whats wrong with me today but I just don't feel that hungry today at all! I had one of my babybels for brekkie at about 8am.. Then my stomach didn't rumble until about 11.. when I had my second babybel.

12pm came and went.. which is normally when I'm feeling ravenous for lunch! Didn't eat my soup until about 1pm..

It has just turned 4pm and Im only just thinking about my celery and cottage cheese. Normally by now I would have been wanting to pick at things.

Maybe I am just busier today then normal? I dunno... o_O

It's totally normal not to be hungry, it usually happens two weeks in.

Day 8 continued

Got home and thought I have to do some exercise.. so I dug out my "30 day shred" video and did a level 1 workout. OMG.. I hurt. Not sure I am doing the squats properly as my knees ache. :confused: I can actually hear them creaking when I bend.. I'm sure thats not good.

Day 9

So the delight of "non-hunger" has gone.. I got to work this morning and started thinking about food. But I think this has to do with the fact that the first thing I saw when I got in was a plate of cakes. :mad: And me being the weakling that I am.. I had a millionare shortbread slice before I even THOUGHT about the fact that I'm trying to cut carbs. So yeah.. up to 34 grams of carbs already for the day as I've pre-logged my food. *sigh*

Breakfast- 3x slices of salami (thought I would try this instead of bacon,) 1x babybel
Lunch- 3x seafood sticks, cauliflower and courgette soup (homemade) and 2x mini cheddar squares

I left the house in a MAJOR hurry this morning as I woke up late! Had basically half an hour to get ready instead of over an hour... so I have no snacks with me. I hope the physical hunger stays away.. and I can deal with my emotional hunger.. now that I have eaten that shortbread. NO MORE Naughty stuff for me today!!!!!!! :oops:

Weight- 15stone 0.4lbs

If you can keep it at under 50 today so you'll get the. You need to start planning lol, every bite you think you have then a list of emergancy items such as nuts, olives, pepperamis etc. You can do this :)

Nope.. today is a write off. Had an emotional moment at work and grabbed a flapjack that I had left in my desk drawer. So now my carb count is up to 109grams. :(

Going to try and make the gym later and burn some calories. Hopefully that will help.

Not as bad as I used to be.. but still not low enough to make too much of a difference!:mad:

Have you thought about doing SW red days? Just with no fruit, that's fairly low carb and you can still have treats. I don't do it as I like wine to much other than that I would.

Back