trying to lose 40lbs by end of March 2017

What is the SW Red days? When I did slimming World I was on the EE plan (or whatever they call it now.)

So.. I didn't end up going to the gym yesterday evening and actually I am glad I didn't.. as this morning my shin's are REALLY achey. I think the "30 day shred" is harder on the joints then it looks. :confused:

We are off out to a team building exercise later which is "sushi making" which should be interesting.. Gonna try and put more fish than rice in mine! :D

Day 10 (in the Big Brother House) haha

Breakfast- 4x slices of Salami
Snacks- 3x seafood sticks, 2x mini cheddar and 1x babyel.

I haven't packed a lunch as I think we are meant to be eating the sushi later.. yum!

Weight- 14st 13.2lbs (yey back in the 14's.)

Big brother house lmao :D I done the shred years ago, IMO it's all you need at the moment to build yourself up to working out. I might start it again actually to ease myself back in.
Red days or the Original plan let's you have two HEBs but no potatoes, rice or pasta is a free food. You can use you HEB on bits of these food, it's a measured small amount. The fruit is still free but if you want to keep your sugar low avoid it. It works out, without fruit that you'll nearly always be under 80g carbs per day, well under a lot of the time. I did it but again I got to be a greedy guts, carbs and me really don't agree and I just crave sugar all the time if I have them.

Well done on being back in the 14's wohoo and enjoy the sushi making :)

So.. I've kinda gone off the rails for the past couple of days. :( Who am I kidding.. this whole week has been a bit of a write off! I've been majorly stressed this week with work and wedding planning (been having issues with one of my bridesmaids basically poo-pooing every suggestion that I make!) Plus Auntie Flow decided to vist and I basically just gave into every craving that I had. So.. Yeah.. I have been doing 30 day shred pretty much every day! Only day I missed was Tuesday.. which is a massive improvment as before this week, I had basically been doing NO exercise.

I am going to try and get straight back onto it though.. I really want to be able to lose at least a stone a month.. Time to decrease the amount I'm eating and up my exercise I think. I just need to be better organsied I guess!

Weight- 15stone 0.6lb.

I know what you mean about your wedding. It's so irritating when people behave like that, as if you aren't stressed enough as it is.
Ease yourself back in and then go hell for leather on Monday. This is the easiest diet ever once you can keep them pesky cravings at bay and plan, plan ,plan :)

Oh Marysu.. you have no idea.. This woman is driving me crazy! I only picked her because she is part of the family that I'm marrying into.. and I thought it would be a nice gesture you know? But absolutly nothing is good enough for her! The big fiasco at the moment is shoes.. I wanted all my bridesmaids to be in the same shoe.. but because I have two pretty tall bridesmaids and two short (her being one of the short ones) I thought I would put the tall ones in flats and the short ones in a 3.5inch heel to even it out.

3.5inches is not HIGH enough for her. She wants blasted 6inch heels. I am NOT putting my bridesmaids in bloody 6inch shoes?!:mad: She would be tottering down the aisle.. its ridiculous. GAH! She's basically putting all her body worrys onto me.. and I don't think its fair. "I have to be in 6inchs otherwise I'm going to be dumpy and fat." Not my problem.. (Harsh I know.. but its my bloody wedding.)

AGH!

Sorry..

Back to diet.. I'm going to try and fit more exercise into the day.. I wanted to get up at 6.. do half an hour before work.. but I've struggled to get up in the mornings. :( I basically need to tell myself that I can't have much of a social life.. until the weight is lost! haha

6 inch heels as a bridesmaid WTF, is she crazy :/ That's incredibly selfish, it's your wedding. Don't let her dull the magic of planning. I got so overwhelmed with 'demands' that I didn't enjoy the planning as much as I should have. Tell your hubby to be to deal with her lol.

In regards to exercise, imo it's important for the how your over all look will be on the day so whatever blips you've had, bravo on keeping the exercise up :0clapper:

I know right?! What happened to " You wear what the bride wants you to wear?" :D

It has been quite hard to not get overwhelmed with the "demands." Suddenly everyone has their own opinion on how your wedding should be.. It's been exhausting telling people.. "well actually no I dont like that."

Also my husband-to-be is taking more of an interest in it compared to other partners.. which means i've had to comprimise! haha

I was saying to someone today actually that I don't care what the scales tell me as long as I feel and look trim. I really just want to be a couple or so dress sizes smaller by March. (I better get on with it!)

Food today:

Breakfast: 4x seafood sticks, 1x cheddar cheese slice and 4x salami slices (I was really hungry apparently!)
Lunch- lamb rague with spiralised courgette and carrots and parmizan cheese. (Team lunch at Bella Italia... SO TEMPTED to have pasta.. so happy with this. :p)

Well done on today so far. I have no idea what to have for dinner myself.

OH I forgot to say earlier.. I had a bit of a NSV this morning.

In a moment of weakness at the garage I grabbed a bag of brownie bites whilst paying for my fuel. Didn't open them in the car coz thought I would save them for later. Got to work and was like.. NO.. I don't need these! Why did I pick them up??

So.. I gave them to my co-workers. :)

This whole thing about the bridesmaid issue has spurred me a little.. This is gonna sound mean but I really don't want to be the fat one out of them all.. so if I can lose more weight then her.. then bonus for me! (I shouldnt really say that.. its a mean thing to say.. but im so irritated right now.) I wanna show her that I'm not weak in a way.. you know? I know she's trying to get me to cave in and I wont do it.

I'm the bride.. I'm meant to be the beautiful one.. and i'm not having her trying to outshine me!!:cool:

Well done on the brownies woo hoo. I totally get you on the skinnier thing I was the same :D :D Some bridesmaids can be down right bitc#hes, especially if you aren't actually close to them. I purposely get skinnier to wipe the smug look off her face lol.

Sorry about your Bridesmaid. I think she doesn't understand that her role is to look terrible.

My sister got married a couple of years ago, but they did a small destination wedding thinking they would avoid stuff like this. There weren't any groomsmen or bridesmaids, just me and the grooms friend as witnesses, and then 30 other guests. Even that though caused issues, particularly as it turns out our mother, and my sisters MIL are not very nice people. Our mother didn't actually attend, and it might have been better if the MIL hadn't shown up.

I previously had thought I would have a big wedding, but after my sister's experience, I am going to elope. No-one but me and whoever I marry. I pass this on as my helpful suggestion in dealing with your wedding - elope! ;)

Hahah Thanks Buffy... I would elope but sadly (well not really sadly) we have already booked tons of stuff... And I always dreamed of a big wedding.. so this is the way it will have to be. As it turns out.. the shoes don't fit one of them anyway so they are out of the running! :mad: This whole thing is exhasuting!

Day.. I have no idea as I have lost count.

So the weekend was terrible. I woke up on Saturday morning and weighed myself and was OVER THE MOON as I weighed in at 14stone 11lbs. The lowest I have been in FOREVER! You would think that this would spur me on to eat well.. but no.. I had porridge for breakfast... as I just couldnt face bacon and eggs and cheese.

We then went to dump (SO and I had a bit of a clear out) and met "difficult bridesmaid" and her partner for "brunch." I had a small english breakfast. I left my fried potatoes but had fried bread AND a peice of toast. like what the hell?

We then went out to an All you can eat brazilian place in the evening with some friends, where i ate far too much.. and then decided to have pick and mix when we went to the Cinema. We saw Fantastic Beasts at the IMAX and OMG! It was awesome!!

Sunday I spent the day in the garden digging out a veg patch with my family.. so had a healthy lunch.. but had half a pint of Cider at the pub. Got home... SO and I crumbled into having a Dominos. :confused:

Woke up this morning and weighed in at 15stone 1lb. :( Thats a 4lb gain over the weekend.

Breakfast- 2x hard boiled eggs
Lunch- Bowl of Courgette and Cauliflower soup, Cottage cheese with 1x Carrot and 1/2 cucumber.

I haven't packed any snacks and am not sure what I'm going to have later for supper. Will be going to the gym tonight OR working out with a friend of mine with "pump it up" dance dvd.. (if she is up for it.) I am hoping she says she isnt as it means I can get a better workout at the gym. o_O

So.. somehow today I have literally only eaten what I put in my last post. Normally I would be complaining that I am hungry, but so far I seem to be okay! We will have to see how I survive in the gym later though.. My friend hasn't come back to me about the dance dvd so I am guessing she doesn't want to do it.

Oh wait I lie.. I have 4 tic tacs ontop of that!

So im pretty proud of myself.. Went to the gym last night and managed to knock off 2mins off my average time for my 5k run. :) Althought I have to admit I wanted to collapse afterwards. haha.

Food today is as follows:

Breakfast- 1x apple and 2x hard boiled eggs
Lunch- stir fry veg and chicken breast.
Snacks- cottage chese with carott and cucumber.

I'm quite shocked that yesterday I managed to stick with only 1,400 odd calories.. but I found myself focusing too much on the calories instead of carb count.. which meant I had about 95grams. :( Still a lot better then I used to be.. but far far too high!

Weight- 14stone 13lbs. :p

Hi Pinkemi, nice to see you on chat so thought I would look you up. I know it is not for everyone but have you tried the Fast Diet, 5/2? Since I did I have found I can't stomach too much food.
As for SW, my friend joined and in 3 weeks put ON 5 lbs. She has done WW and lost loads. I guess it is a matter of finding what works best for you.......
As for that bridesmaid. Stand firm!!! 6 inch heels!!!
Blimey, I'm glad I'm not getting married, been married for long long time anyway. lol Chin up you can crack this. xxx :)

Hi Solange! It was good chatting with you... even if it was very briefly! haha..

I thought about the 5/2 diet but to be honest the days where you are only able to eat 500 calories would kill me. Ive been on VLCD before (like Exante) and the days where I really stuck to it.. i felt sick and headache-y.

Slimming world I think works for some.. but not for others. My biggest issue with it is the fact that they say eat as much as you like of these foods until you are full! If you are like me and have learnt to ignore that "i'm full feeling" then you only end up getting bigger.. like your friend! Saying that though.. I did manage to lose some weight on SW but I think thats because I was actively trying to eat better.

So today I am struggling.. time seems to be moving far too slowly for my liking! Trying my hardest not to bordem eat!!:eek:

So yesterday I was doing really well.. until I got home! I raided the buscuit tin and had 4 "oreo" style cookies (They are called Nero.) Which meant this pushed my total carb count up to 108grams for yesterday. :( Still not the worst but not the best! I'm meant to be eating below 40g for goodness sake! I also rushed around like a blue bottomed fly trying to sort out shopping etc.. which meant I didn't get a chance to go to the gym. Hoping I get a chance to go today! I did manage to make time to cook up another batch of soup.. so thats what I am having for lunch today. :) Oh and I remembered to hard boil some more eggs.

Breakfast- 2x hard boiled eggs and 2x Babybel
Lunch- Homemade Cauli, Cabbage, Brocilli soup and then Red Pepper humous with 1x carrot, 1x celery stalk and cucumber.
Snacks- hot Peperami

So far this has taken me to a total of 35grams of carbs. How on earth do everyone keep their carb counts so low?! Am I eating too many veggies??:confused:

Back