trying to lose 40lbs by end of March 2017

You know.. I can't resist chocolate. I apparently need to not have it in the house.. otherwise I want to eat ALL OF IT! I have a bar of Toblerone.. and Ive had two peices (which is okay.. decent amount.) But I can't stop thinking about it..

Need more water.. try and keep my mind off it.

Actually I'll have a fruit tea! I'm craving something sweet!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but fruit tea often has carbs. Re the chocolate, get some 80% plus chocolate to ease that craving - or make chocolate bark, loads of recipes on the net.

Are you kidding me?! even fruit tea has carbs. :mad::( I feel like I'm never going to get my head around this!

Yesterday was a complete shambles. My total carb count was 192grams. Dismal.. :oops: Im going to put a line under it and move on. Today is a new day.. and all that jazz!

Breakfast- 1x hard boiled egg, 2x babybel and 3x seafood sticks
Lunch- bowl of homemade cauli soup with 1x peperami hot
Snacks- 3 snacking kabanos sticks

total carbs so far are at 25g. That's better.. I must pick up some more almond milk for work so that I'm not drinking so much milk in my tea and coffee!

Weight- 15stone 2lbs.

You really need to be a food label detective, carbs lurk everywhere! Have a good read of the Atkins section here on Minis eg - Jim's fab post - https://www.minimins.com/threads/so-youre-thinking-of-starting-atkins.82208/ (which says to avoid herb teas with barley or fruit sugar).

Also this one - bit hard to read, being all in one par, but some really sage advice - https://www.minimins.com/threads/low-carb-and-cheating.81971/

And this one I started 6 years ago, haven't updated for ages as I don't live in the Uk anymore but worthwhile reading through - https://www.minimins.com/threads/low-carb-no-carb-shopping-list.171642/

Thanks Susie.. I was taking a look at the shopping list one earlier.. just to try and get an idea! You live in Italy now right?

I have a friend who is really strict with her low carb. She has 20 grams a day and NO MORE! I sent her a message yesterday saying how much I admire her.. it's really not easy to stick to. She has that mindset that food is fuel and that is it. I think having it that low I would be so bored with my food.

But then.. if I am really really that serious about losing the 3 stone that I want to lose before my wedding.. (in 4 months now.. gah!) then you would think that I would put up with only 3 months worth of "boring eating!"

I'm obviously just in a funk and finding it hard to get out of.

I'm one of these people though that picks up a plan.. does it for a few weeks (with varying degrees of sucess) and then I get bored/discouraged/fed up and move onto something else. I honestly don't think there is a diet out there which I now haven't tried! SO frustrating!

So far so good.. The only thing extra I ate today was a gluten free millionaire shortbread bite.. Which has bumped my total carb count up a bit.. but not drastically!

I am currently on 41grams... so if I can make my supper as low carb as I possibly can then it will be all good!

Meant to get up early and workout.. but we had a new lodger move in late last night (about 11pm!) as she flew in from Germany.. and I seriously struggled to get out of bed.

Just seen a notification from my OH that he went for a 2.5mile run... :confused: Now its making me feel like I should do one too. lol

Got to do some shopping on the way home.. and then maybe ill go running.

I've just realised that I started this diary on the 7th November.. and from then until now.. bearing in mind its nearly month... I have only lost 3LBS.. 3 MEASLY LBS! :mad::mad: Like.. WTF is wrong with me? I gotta get my head in gear.. seriously! It's now December and I still have 37lbs to go...

37lbs in about 3 months.. basically 12lbs a month. I must get ON WITH IT!

I'm back in the 14s! woo!!!

Weight- 14 stone 13lbs

So I got home and was like.. this is stupid.. I need to go running. So i did! I normally do this 2.5mile route but was so bored of it, so thought I would do the other route which I used to do when I was marathon training a couple of years ago. I "believed" that it was about 3.2miles... 4MILES LATER! :D

I felt like such a zombie when I got in.. I just had a babybel and a chicken drumstick for supper... watched a bit of tv and then went to bed. But it felt good...

Hurting a little this morning.. but its a good hurting! :cool:

Breakfast- 2x babybel and 3x seafood sticks
Lunch- homemade soup with 100g of mozerella and 1x peperami

Snacks- Apple

I'ev got this! 3 Months to lose 34lbs. :whacky068::character00116:

Struggling a little.. feel very tired.. which means I am automatically reaching for things I shouldn't be eating.

Treated myself to 2 small mini gluten free millionaire bites.. then remembered the post in the main forum about how you shouldn't cheat on this diet! So feeling a bit glum.. carb total is up to 76grams. (Sigh)

I think my biggest issue is i'm still calorie counting! I'm still trying to eat only 1,200 calories.. unless I exercise and I then eat that back. So all in all.. i'm probably eating roughly 1,500 to 1800 on a good day.. but only if i exercise. (or just go off the rails. ) Try as I might I am really struggling to get out of this mindsett! I'm finding i'm not craving sweet stuff as much as I used to. Normally i would get to 4pm everyday and want something sweet.. but i still find it hard not to "treat" myself every now and then.

Might put my headphones on and listen to some music.. to stop me getting bored and want to boredem eat at work!!
:badmood:

Urgh.. Didn't resist the Chocolate Tiffin and now I'm up to 105grams. Not going to give up but its making me feel guilty enough to go running again tonight! I got to keep the momentum up!

Just have to keep chanting "3 months, 34lbs..."

3 months, 34 lbs.... 3 months, 34lbs... 3MONTHS, 34LBS!!! :upyours:

Hi Pinkemi nice to see you.

I do want to reiterate Susies post - you need to just focus on carbs & not cals especially to start with. Also no such thing as willpower - empty the house!

The first two weeks are critical to get through all the sugar withdrawals - if you are serious then need to plan your way through it. Eat when hungry but low carb only, prepare ahead etc have low carb treats! Be a label detective!

Low carb works - but only if you follow it and its not easy when surrounded by others. There is no problem to lose what you want in time BUT need to focus. If you can't imagine sticking to 20g then seriously another system might suit better:(

Feel free to read my diary & my struggles along the way - but also success too. 5.5 years in I'm still sitting just above target and loving food and life. I've got ideas & recipes on my website so perhaps that helps too

Feel free to ask any questions:) best wishes

Hi everyone..

So I realised that I am sounding like a real drag.. constantly mumbling and whining about how I'm not losing any weight.. how hard it is.. Why isn't it working... blah blah blah. I'm sorry about that. :(

Kat1e.. thanks for the added information... but I think.. hand on heart.. I'm just not motivated enough to eat this way. I keep looking at fruit and going.. " sigh" I wish I could have that. I'm begining to get obsessive about my food again and I'm sure its not healthy. being an emotinal eater.. It's worse when I start telling myself i CANT have something.. as I just end up wanting it even more!

I just dont know what to do anymore! I'm so desperate to lose this weight before my wedding.. but at the same time i struggle to fully commit to a "program."

I'm thinking maybe I should just focus on eating less and exercising more. just.. meh.

Don't worry if it's not right for you hun, we've all been there.

Why not try SW? So many people I know have had great success with it, especially if you find a good consultant. It's easy to follow and you can have anything in moderation (more or less).

Yeah I used to be part of a slimming world group. (Funnily enough I found my membership card in my purse this morning and thought about re-joining.) I was really good for a few weeks but then slipped back into bad habits and kept yo-yoing over the same 5lbs. BASICALLY what I am doing now! lol

But actually.. I liked the felxibility of it. I NEVER in a millions years thought I would end up missing fruit.. It's surprising how Atkins has made me want to eat more fruit and veggies. :eek:

I might have a read tonight over my old books for SW and try and make my mind up. I do feel better for not eating so much rice, bread and pasta though I have to admit.. So if i DO start SW again, I will try and still limit those 3 things.

I just have to get out of this rut of being really good in the week and then blowing it at the weekend.
Like this W/K for example, I weighed in at 14stone 13lbs. This morning.. I weighed in at 15stone 3lbs. :( 4lb gain over the weekend.

I had my christmas party on the saturday night and didn't go crazy... but i ate and drank a lot more then I normally do... BUT i made sure i hardly ate all saturday and then I tried to eat well on Sunday to try and counter-act saturday night. It didn't work.

Right.. so.. I messaged my SW consultant and have decided to re-join tonight! :confused: The meeting is after work so "fingers crossed" it will go okay.

Not sure what to do about my diary... should I just carry this on? Seems a bit silly when I'm not following Atkins anymore.. Might just start a new one in the members diary section.. so if i change plans again, i don't then have to start a new diary! haha

Good luck with SW - if you can find a plan that you feel you can stick to, then I have no doubt you can be successful:)

Back