Trying to please everyone

newme

I lost three stone on the Cambridge diet but have put most of it back on again. I've switched to Exante and after two failed attempts I've decided to restart tomorrow. The thing is I know I've got the willpower to do it but my husband is fed up with the restrictions it puts on our lives. He has never had a weight problem and can't understand why I've let the weight creep back on again. I stick to the diet but then something comes up which means I have to eat again I think I'll take a day off but that puts me back to square one and trying to get back into ketosis again. I seem to lose and then regain the same 7lb or so. He's a great husband in every other way and was so supportive first time round I feel I've let him down. Anyone been in this situation and what can I do to compromise ?

I've only been on Exante 10 days but I've had 2 WS days in this time, and still lost 10lbs. Just tell urself that if u are going out for a meal/social event that u will have a WS day and then get back onto TS the next day. If u opt for a day off, it's only one day, get straight back on it the next, it's better than going back to eating rubbish all the time, just make sure ur making healthy choices when u do eat. U sound a bit like me in the fact that dieting is an all or nothing thing, but this hasn't got me very far in the past, u have to work the diet around what works for u.

Spot on Shelliewoo83 it's all or nothing for me and if I have a day off it puts me back to day one in my mind. I know this is the quickest way to lose the weight and when I get on a roll I feel great. Maybe I'm just looking for excuses, X

Back