Trying to say Hello - gettin lost on the site

Thanks Beegee
Looks like you're doing really well yourself there.
Keep up the good work
x

Thanks Sue

Good luck to you too :D
Here's to us all in our quest for that smaller size, whatever it may be ;-D
xx

Hi Twinkletoes, and hello from a grt gran.

Just a little added info - the sooner you get your diary up and running the better, or come to that you could keep this thread going, but we then know where to contact you to offer advice abd support which is what it is all about.

Interesting to read that you hav'nt done anything like this before - does that mean you are new to computers, I wonder?
Not been doing it long myself but am amazed at how much I have picked up in just a short time.

Well done in a terrific start and look forward to seeing your progress....:)

Welcome to the board and slimming world twinkle. This forum is sooo helpful and the people so supportive whether you want specific advice or more general support. Congratulations on a fab first loss!

Hi Emmaline :-D
Thank you so much for your message. Sorry I didn't reply before now but I 'got lost' last night and couldn't find this page at all. Then, hey presto I discovered it via Quick Links at the top a wee while ago! Woo hoo!
It's so nice to meet someone who isn't 21, (your not a phenomenomenom are you ;-). I was hesitant to join because everyone seems to be very young (compared to me) and looking for that 'perfect' figure. Where as I will be happy just to be able to put my socks on easily, haha. I am very happy with my first week, it has given my the spur I need. Doubt it will continue in the same vein, but ynn.
I'm not new to computers, been using for over ten years, but just never had the 'use' for a forum, or chat room before. Looked plenty times but that's all.
Now I know where I started, I will be back, haha
xx

Many thanks Krupskaya for your kind words :-D
As I said to Emmaline, I do apologise for not replying earlier but 'got lost' amongst all the different threads, pages, stories, messages ad infinitum ;-/
I love your nick name, The Tortoise, but very apt in this situation. Slow and steady does seem to be the best way, (so i've heard)
Good luck to you and do come back
:-D x

Many thanks Krupskaya for your kind words :-D
As I said to Emmaline, I do apologise for not replying earlier but 'got lost' amongst all the different threads, pages, stories, messages ad infinitum ;-/
I love your nick name, The Tortoise, but very apt in this situation. Slow and steady does seem to be the best way, (so i've heard)
Good luck to you and do come back
:-D x

Thanks Twink. Yeah, slow and steady wins the race alright. I used to go to WW and the weight came off quicker than SW but I found it really hard to keep going as counting points started to do my head in :(. Much prefer the SW eating plan, I can keep going on this ad infinitum.

How are you getting on today? Keep posting but be warned - this site becomes addictive ;)! Hope all is going well and you're enjoying loads of yummy SW food.

Hiya Krupskaya

Just viewing whilst carrots are cooking for lo. And there you were ;)
Had an enjoyable food day so far. Had SW quiche and SW chips for lunch. Yum and very filling. Having the quiche again for dinner but with salad. Awul weather tho' rain snow sleet rain snow rain, and at the moment the suns getting a look in :)
This site is adictive, but for me it's because I'm obsessed with food haha. Sad I know :eek:
I too did WW but felt too deprived. My best friend started SW the week before I did and I liked what I was hearing about it so did some reading before joining. She lives where she can go to meetings, there aren't any near me. Do you attend meetings at all?
Take care x :D

Hi Twink - your lunch sounds yummy! I know what you mean about feeling deprived on WW. Once i stopped going (because I was going into hospital for a hysterectomy) I went mad eating loads to make up for feeling so deprived on the diet. I hope that doesn't happen this time :eek:. I don't go to meetings although I did attend a few last year so have all the books etc. Just doing it from home now. I find this site gives me the support and motivation I need.

At the moment I'm so chuffed because I've pulled out an old pair of size 14 jeans and lo and behold they fit. Am thrilled!

Hi Twinkletoes!
I'm new too, just joined today after observing for a few weeks. Seems a great site for support. I'm doing slimming world too, it's a fab plan. Well done on a fantastic loss in your first week x

Woo hoo, that's awesome Krupskaya :553: and such a morale boost :D
Hubby just nipped to shop so took chance to nip back on here before dinner hehe :giggle:
x

Hi Twinkletoes!
I'm new too, just joined today after observing for a few weeks. Seems a great site for support. I'm doing slimming world too, it's a fab plan. Well done on a fantastic loss in your first week x
Hiya Trimtrixy & Welcome :D
This site is gr8 and there's so much to see and so much to learn. Hopefully a be a lot trimmer by the time I get the hang of it all. Doubt the loss will continue in the same vein, but I can but hope even for two or three weeks ;-) Then a lb or two a week will be gr8.
Going to try and attach a ticker later.
Better get dinner sorted for the masses, lol
ttfn :-D
x

Woo hoo, that's awesome Krupskaya :553: and such a morale boost :D
Hubby just nipped to shop so took chance to nip back on here before dinner hehe :giggle:
x

See - you're getting addicted already tee hee!

May I be so bold as to offer you a little tip as I know myself how frustrating it can be to find your way around.
If you want to trace one of your posts click on your own name and it will give a drop down menu and you can click on where it says " more posts by TwinkleToes"
Hope that helps.
Thanks Emmaline :D
Good to live and learn eh, :)
How's your day been?
x

Well, just recuperated after a blip and am back on track hoping for a loss this next Monday WI.
Spend far too much time on here altho' if I wan't doing this I would most prob just be watching TV!!?!
Find other peoples experiences fascinating and like to help where I can. ( Being nosy really..:D)

Keep up the good work.

Onwards and Downwards!!

Good Morning Emmaline :D

You're an early bird aren't you ;)
A quick question if I may? I'm doing an Extra Easy day today and only had half of my milk 'allowance' yesterday, can I carry that over to today and have some 'free' cheese too?
I'm lucky enough to have a laptop (xmas prezzie for the next 10 yrs) so I watch tv as well as do this. I too am nosy and like to see what others are upto, but haven't initiated contact yet as unsure what to say. Nosy but shy about it, haha :p
Oops, check the time, better get lo ready for nursery
Spk later
x
ps, check the new Avatar & Ticker ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, can't answer your quuestion as I am not doing the SW diet. Better if you start another thread with your question and then you can get some replies by those that are experts in that field.

As for not knowing what to say - I just follow my instincts and my heart and hope I can help someone else just like I have had soo much help myself..(Excuse me while I polish my halo..Ahem!!..:D)

Great stuff the Avatar and the Ticker.
Took me AGES to get my ticker up and running so well done!!

Oh yeah, silly me :rolleyes: never noticed it on your profile bitty.
You're obviously a very caring and thoughtful person, ppl will be naturally drawn to you. As have I ;) Your halo isn't slipping so you're doing something right :D
Will try to find someone on SW in one of the other bits like syns and ask there before trying another thread first ;)

Hi twinkletoes don't think u can carry Ur hex's over to next day. Each day needs to be treated separately ( although syns can be carried over)

Back