trying to work out ww points into calories

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
just curious as to how many calories there are in ww points, from what i can see online there are 40 cals per ww point so for example i am allocated 31 pp on ww so in calories that would be 1240 then u have the extra 49 per week which is 1960 spread out through the week which is 280 extra day therefore daily mine would be 1520 but then fruit n veg is 0pp so in that case would i be allowed 1520 daily and then just dont count fruit n veg seein as it 0pp or what do u think? xx

I think exactly the same.

I've just switched from WW to CC, (After briefly trying SF for a week!) and yesterday I used my online WW membership to input what I had eaten in cals, into my tracker. After lunch, I had around 800cals left and on WW, 12pt. After adding everything in after tea, I had used 1510 cals, and 34 propoints. I was on 29 propoints, so I reckon if you had 36pp a day (29 plus 7 per day from your weeklies) you'd be at about 1500cals.

Does all that make sense?!

If you're choosing to switch over to CC rather than WW then I'd make a complete break and start a fresh. Each diet works differently and if you want to CC I'd advise you to use the mifflin equation or an online calorie counter to work out your daily calorie needs, and then just count every single thing you eat via calories.. There are calories in veg, even if it's only 33cals per 100g of broccoli it's still calories that need to be counted, because if you eat a lot of veg, whereas it would've been free on WW it's not here and you could be consuming a lot of calories that you didn't realise! Good luck x

Yeah thats what i think too :) and do u think the same about not countin fruit n veg into ur cals? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Please count the calories of fruit and veg! On a typical day I could eat a banana, two apples, some berries and broccoli and that would mount up to just short of 400 calories.. If you don't count your fruit & veg cals then you could be consuming up to 2000 cals a day if you allow yourself 1500 a day - or if you eat a lot of fruit and veg then it'd be more!

I worked out the cals and ww stuff yesterday out a sheer curiosity. I have no intention of mixing the two, this is my fresh start.

I know what you mean about not counting cals for the "Free Stuff" that was on WW. But I think WW prob came short of 1500 slightly to make up for the cals you would eat from free stuff. Its hard to start counting things that you never had to count before. For me, I want, in fact I NEED to be completely honest with myself on this, so I am counting EVERYTHING, even the 34cals for 100ml milk that I use on 3 cuppas! I never bothered with that on WW! Feels quite good to know I've been honest for a change!

I count milk too, I use skimmed and always have 100ml in each cup of coffee! I wasn't meaning to sound bossy or anything by the way, so sorry if it came across that way. Just want you both to succeed with CC :) how many calories are you choosing to have a day? I'm on 1200 x

Not bossy :)

On my first day CC, I put 100ml into a measuring jug and used it for cuppas throughout the day to see how far it spread!

I'm aiming for 1500, which should lose me a lb a week, but I'd like to lose 2 a week! haha, never happy. I'll see how I get on this first week.

You should try the mifflin equation cause it's quite generous with calories, it gave me 1360 a day to lose 2lbs a week but I chose to drop down to 1200 for now just to see how I get on cause I've got three stone to lose!

There's a thread in the main CC section about the mifflin equation and how to use it :)

Thank you :) I will have a look in a min....my 2 yr old is being a whinge bum!

Ahhh yes! My littlest was 2 last Sat and she has woken up from her nap in the foulest mood imaginable! She's quite high maintenance at the best of times tho! Highly amusing tho :)

Thank u for ur replies:) ur not bossy at all:) im on 153o cals a day thats to lose 1lb a week.. Im currently at a sw group but switchin to cc and just gettin weighed at sw group:) usin mfp to count cals ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back