Tsarina's Food Diary. Going it alone!!!

Tsarina

Hi everyone,

Well after lurking on here for ages, I finally decided it was time to get my bum in gear and start one of these diaries.

I started doing Slimming World on my own today. I have the books from a few years ago, and have got loads of ideas from this site.:D

I'm going it alone, as I'm a student with a young son and don't really have the time to go to a group, so could be doing with all the help going if possible to keep me right!;)

I aim to lose roughly 6 stone:eek::D (Possibly a bit less). I haven't managed to weigh myself yet, but will do that tomorrow in Boots on the way to uni. :)

Anyway, enough rambling!:eek:

I tried EE today, but not sure if I got it right, as my book doesn't have this plan in it, so if I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks!:p

Breakfast : 2 Weetabix(HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and bannana

Lunch: Subway salad bowl (I'm addicted to these!!:eek:) with ham, turkey, lettuce, cucumber, onion and 2 small cheese slices. (Not sure of syns for the cheese:confused:)
Pkt of Walkers baked Cheese and Onion. (5syns) Muller Light

Snack: Mugshot and Muller Light

Dinner: Wholemeal Pasta with quorn mince, onions, mushrooms, bovril and chilli powder. Muller Light

I know I've gone a bit OTT with the muller lights, but I didn't have any fruit in to snack on.

Does this look ok? If not, what can I improve on?!:D

Thanks in advance!:)

Breakfast : 2 Weetabix(HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and bannana

Lunch: Subway salad bowl (I'm addicted to these!!:eek:) with ham, turkey, lettuce, cucumber, onion and 2 small cheese slices. (Not sure of syns for the cheese:confused:) - cheese would be 6 syns - did it come with a dressing/mayo???
Pkt of Walkers baked Cheese and Onion. (5syns) Muller Light

Snack: Mugshot and Muller Light

Dinner: Wholemeal Pasta with quorn mince, you could also have mince beef if on EE plan onions, mushrooms, bovril and chilli powder. Muller Light

I know I've gone a bit OTT with the muller lights, but I didn't have any fruit in to snack on.

Does this look ok? If not, what can I improve on?!:D

Thanks in advance!:)

Just try and throw in some more fruits and veg Hun, as you are not eating enough super free foods. You may also find that Mullerlights slow your weight loss down if you eat too many of them in one day, so try and restrict yourself to one a day.
I would also stay clear of Subway (but that would be my preference), just incase there are some hidden nasties..unless you have access to the syns on line/directory thats up to date.
Have a look at some of the other food diaries to give you some ideas...I went alone for a very long time and managed to shed 7 stone..its only now that there are too many changes for me to keep up with have I decided to loose my last 4 stone 10 in a class.

Good luck!
xx

Thanks very much for replying Mrs V. :)

You've done amazingly well to lose 7 stone!!! :D Do you do a lot of exercise?

I don't have any dressings or mayo on my subway salad box. Just the salad, a few slices of meat and cheese. I had another one today before I saw your post.:eek: That will be the last though, as I'm trying to save money as well as lose weight lol!

Anyway, here's what I've had today:

Breakfast: 2 alpen light bars (HEB) and a mullerlight

Lunch: Subway Salad Bowl (Lettuce, cucumber, onions, peppers, ham, turkey and cheese (HEA), 2 tangerines

Dinner: Chicken Curry with Slimming World Chips. Made with mayflower curry sauce mix(4 syns) followed by 1 pear and 2 tangerines.

Snacks: 1 mugshot, 1 pear and 1 banana

I know my dinner didn't have enough superfree foods again, I had loads of onions in the curry, but not enough to make up 1/3 I don't think. I'm working on it though, and even if it takes me this week to get used to it, at least my diet is a million times better than it was last week.:)

I weighed myself today and I'm half a stone heavier than I was when I weighed myself a fortnight ago.:(

At least I have a starting figure now though!:)

I've struggled with my superfreefoods again today, so think I'm going to have to go to a class for 1 week to get the up to date books.:sigh:

I also had another subway, as I was running about like a maniac this morning and didn't have time to make any lunch!:eek:

Anyway, here's what I've had today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix(HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana and a pear

Lunch: Subway salad (Lettuce, cucumber, peppers, onions, ham, turkey and cheese (6syns)) Pkt of walkers baked (5syns) Muller light

Dinner: Slimming world chips and low fat supernoodles. 2 pears, 2 bananas, mullerlight.

Snacks: mugshot, 2 tangerines.

Is it possible to eat too much fruit? I'm a bit worried about that.

Had a bit of a tough day today, so didn't have time to cook or prepare anything and ate all my meals "on the run" so to speak.:(

I know I haven't eaten anywhere near enough superfree foods today, but it was just impossible the way things panned out. Oh well, tomorrow's another day I guess.

Anyway, today I have had :

Breakfast: 2 alpen light bars (HEB), 1 banana, 1 mullerlight.

Lunch: 1 banana, 1 mullerlight, 1 pkt of walkers French Fries (4.5syns)

Dinner: Chicken noodle soup and plain chow mein (Chinese takeaway) (Guessing about 15 syns :()

Having a green day today.:)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix(HEB) with milk (HEA) 2 bananas

Lunch : Plate of slimming world chips with loaaaads of vinegar! shape fat free yoghurt, 3 tangerines, some grapes

Dinner : wholewheat pasta, quorn mince, onions and chilli powder
shape fat free yoghurt, 4 tangerines, some grapes

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars (HEB), grapes, tangerines

I'm a bit worried about the amount of fruit I'm eating. today I've eaten a full bag of tangerines, a full tub of green grapes, half a tub of red grapes and 2 bananas. Will this slow down my weight loss?

Not stuck to plan today, as I was awake all night with excruciating stomach pain, and then couldn't stop puking until about 5pm this evening.:(

Not sure if it's to do with eating too much fruit or not, but it's made me really wary now.

My tummy is still a bit sore, so all I've eaten today is 2 slices wholewheat toast with a scraping of I can't believe it's not butter light.

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and will be back on track.

Oh no Tsarina!! Really hope you're feeling better very soon. I've had a crappy, ill day today too, but I have managed to eat some stuff.
About the fruit, personally I think you could be overdoing it a bit. Do you have an upset tummy? Well, before you were ill last night? I've noticed on a few threads about fruit that people have noticed bigger losses if they have more veg than fruit. I eat more veg than fruit but, to be honest, it's more because I can't afford the bloody fruit :eek:
I eat a lot of veg anyway being an 'almost veggie' so feel free to have a look in my food diary-it's nothing spectacular and I don't do anything 'clever' with the veg, I just eat a quite a bit of it and if it gives you some ideas then YAY :p

Have a big get well soon hug.
Kelly.x

Oh no Tsarina!! Really hope you're feeling better very soon. I've had a crappy, ill day today too, but I have managed to eat some stuff.
About the fruit, personally I think you could be overdoing it a bit. Do you have an upset tummy? Well, before you were ill last night? I've noticed on a few threads about fruit that people have noticed bigger losses if they have more veg than fruit. I eat more veg than fruit but, to be honest, it's more because I can't afford the bloody fruit :eek:
I eat a lot of veg anyway being an 'almost veggie' so feel free to have a look in my food diary-it's nothing spectacular and I don't do anything 'clever' with the veg, I just eat a quite a bit of it and if it gives you some ideas then YAY :p

Have a big get well soon hug.
Kelly.x

Aww thanks Kelly! I'm feeling much better today! Hope you are too!:)

I'm rubbish with veggies, really only like them raw so tend not to have them as part of a meal, but will be trying harder from now on so as not to be too reliant on fruit for getting my 1/3 of superfree foods.

Anyway, today I decided to have a red day.:)

Breakfast: 2 slices on wholemeal bread (HEB)with bacon.

Lunch: shape fat free yogurt and a banana

Dinner: Gammon steak, small baked potato(HEB) and loads of salad 5 laughing cows light(HEA)

Snacks : rice krispie square (6 syns)

I'm glad you're feeling better today :D I'm still feeling rather crappy, but not quite as bad as yesterday :p I understand about the veggies, but even raw veggies with a meal is good. When I do a stir fry I like my veggies nice and crunchy, and not squishy, so I don't cook them for v long :) I'm a bit rubbish with fruit. I mean, I absolutely love it, but I'm so lazy with it and hardly ever make the effort :eek:

Back