Tubby teen's transformation (:) hopefully)

17 (going on 18 in 2 weeks!) year old slimming worlder. 1 day into my second week. I've always been overweight as long as I have been a teenager and I really want to become someone who I can be proud of and who has confidence in themselves. I guess moving to university in September didn't help me, fast food and flatmates who bake (such 'lish brownies *drool*) lead to a starting weight of 14 stone 1.5 lb on the 25th November 2009. Working hard towards my first goal (club 10 at 12 stone 10lb- it will be the first time I've been below 13 stone since I was 13 :)). Exams are in less than 1 week then my birthday a week later and then... well, what other tricky times can there be in December :p? But if I can make it through this month, I can make it through any month! And even if I fall, there's always new years resolutions right?

Extra easy for exams

Less than 1 week til my first exam and I'm nervous :S which unfortunately is giving me stress hunger :(. This morning I decided that I'd give extra easy a go (only been green so far). Tuna on toast with an apple for breakfast. Popped down to Lidl for supplies and made myself a huge prawn paella for lunch with a nice green salad on the side :). I've got to get some work done today (hence procrastination on the slimming diary :eek:). I popped into Tesco to get bread and saw fabs and thought they would be a good low syn smackeral. Then I saw the Tesco assorted cherryade, lemonade and cola lollies (£1 :eek:) and decided on them instead. Turns out they're only 2 1/5 syns each. Right! Enough time wasting! Revision time. x

hello lowfatedinburger,

just joined myself, been on it three days now and managing so far, done green, green, extra easy and green today, its gonna be a long haul but im sure with the help and support on here we can achieve our goals..
anyway, best of luck with it and keep me updated,

rich x

Hey! Didnt see your thread untill now.. but hello fellow teen :)

I'm 17, 18 in Jan.

- My starting weight was 14.st 8.5 lbs for i was a lil bit heavier than you, but i just wanted to say well done for sticking to plan during stressful times, i know it can be difficult.. but the best way to learn for life is to do it now, rather than leaving it untill after the stressful time has been and gone.

let us know how you get on at Wi :)

xxx

Thanks for the support :D And hi! Fern, if you don't mind you're going to be my inspiration :p. Congratz on achieving your target.
For my diary- 3 chunks of butterscotch fairtrade choccie (2 syns each says the calculator) brings my syns today so far up to 8.5. A nice bowl of cheese and bacon pasta and I'm ready for the evening :)! Munchies do your worst for I am armed with pickled onions! x

Hiya ive just turned 19

And since August have lost 30lbs so I really wish you the best of luck and this forum has helped me so much and I hope it will help you too if you have any questions or anything just get in touch and good luck :) x

Hiya ive just turned 19

And since August have lost 30lbs so I really wish you the best of luck and this forum has helped me so much and I hope it will help you too if you have any questions or anything just get in touch and good luck :) x

Hi and thanks :) Also congratz on your weight loss so far :eek: and good luck with the rest :D

Diary- Ok, I'm putting together a list of things to eat when I get the evening munchies (coz that's when they hit me hard).

HEs (if I have any left :p)- alpine light bars, cheese on toast

Super-Free- Pickled onions (have to watch out coz I could eat these til my head explodes and once I start eating...), boiled eggs, carrots, fruit (ditto pickled onions)

Red- cooked and peeled prawns, tuna, bacon omelette,

Green- Tilda microwavable pilau rice (2.5 syns :eek: I really need to buy some! I love it, had no idea it would be so cheap on SW),

Mmm... all of this is reminding me how hungry I am :) Extra-easy today so I'm gonna go with bacon omelette and cucumber ^-^ x

Thanks for the support :D And hi! Fern, if you don't mind you're going to be my inspiration :p. Congratz on achieving your target.
For my diary- 3 chunks of butterscotch fairtrade choccie (2 syns each says the calculator) brings my syns today so far up to 8.5. A nice bowl of cheese and bacon pasta and I'm ready for the evening :)! Munchies do your worst for I am armed with pickled onions! x

YUCK! lol. I armed myself with a mini meringue and squirty cream adn forest fruits last night, it really worked! lol. Has to be said i was expecting the meringue to be slightley les mini when i took it out the box :( lol!!

I'd love to be your inspiration hon :)
Drop us a pm anytime you need to, you'l hit a few rough spots along the way, emotionally and food wise.. im always here to help :)

let us know how your weigh in goes, what day do you weigh in? xxxx

YUCK! lol. I armed myself with a mini meringue and squirty cream adn forest fruits last night
Mmmm meringue. How much are they then? Thanks :) Today was a bit of a fail though. 13.5 syns... over the limit :s. I blame oversleeping (I did have noble plans to pack a healthy lunch and eat a filling breakfast, in the end I had no breakfast and only managed to grab an apple to take for lunch so I had to buy something- from a shop with chocolate :S). I'm a Tuesday WI :) x

LOl i think they like 2/2.5 syns.. i really should check but i know the others are like 4, so i dunno LOL

they are super yum, and its not like choc were you cants top at one, .. one really is enough, even though they look tiny once broken up etc its perfect. x

Help! :( I oversynned by 16 yesterday, 8 today. I'm losing my grip on the back of this wagon and I really don't want to be left behind T_T.

Hon, your not off the wagon, and your not loosing your grip, cause your working out your syns and writeing them down, your aware of your situation, what you'v done eaten and most likley why..

swing that leg back on missy. .

i suggest you keep your syns to 5-8 (which is what i do) for the rest of the week and stock up on loooooaaads of super/free food to give you that healthy positive feeling that eating well gives you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK! Going well so far today. I've had my hebs and heas but no syns as yet. I'll try to have a free dinner. And I bought some sugar free jelly :)D) so if I can find some plastic cups to put it in I'll be set ;).

Looking up with tear filled eyes and a chocolate stained mouth but greatly appreciating the positive vibes :(.
I had a... well, a splurge lets say, over the exams. I ate a lot. A lot a lot. Last exam being over I'm going to try to get back to it but I'm dreading weigh in because of how much weight I'll have put on T_T. *sigh* oh well, back to the start it seems (maybe even further back than that *sob*) x

Looking up with tear filled eyes and a chocolate stained mouth but greatly appreciating the positive vibes :(.
I had a... well, a splurge lets say, over the exams. I ate a lot. A lot a lot. Last exam being over I'm going to try to get back to it but I'm dreading weigh in because of how much weight I'll have put on T_T. *sigh* oh well, back to the start it seems (maybe even further back than that *sob*) x

Oh hunny. I had a feeling, i go rather quiet when iv been too naughty for words too..:rolleyes:

- Dont fret too much over it, its bin and gone now.. and theres no point 'starting again' still holding that guilt, time to draw a line under it.

I also suggest that you write a list of the things you felt and what food you ate somewhere, so that you can recognise when you are most likley to feel you need a binge,. and tackle it a different way when you can spot the rough approaching next time? i'd also suggest (if there are any..?) getting rid of any naughtys that are left over or still lingering in your house..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya lowfatedinburger,

ive been wondering where you have been, aint seen any posts for a bit.
hope all's ok and s/w is going well, if you have had a few bad days im sure it wont take long to get back on track, i had my 3rd weigh in this week and lost 1lb, that was after having an indian and wine and some choccies over the weekend , i did feel bad sunday evening but hey, everyone's human and we arent robot's so hang on in there and im sure you will be very successful in your journey

rich x

Hello SW!!! Since coming home for the Christmas hols (17th Dec) I have not been to class and I have hardly food optimised! *shame faced*. I feel really rubbish about this but it is 2010 and those lbs (ok, stones) won't loose themselves so I am going to keep at it. As soon as I get back to Edinburgh I'm going to get back to class, pay for the missed weeks and get back into the swing. I can do it I can do it!

YAY!!

I'v been thinking about you recently! ( no im not some weird stalker LOL)
- just that with your age and everything you very much remind me of myself when i first started, and i so wish i could do somthing to help you! I know it can be so difficult. The only way forward is to just throw yourself at it and never contemplate a life without sw. That way its not so easy to fall of the wagon if you have a constant compelling feeling to do it.. if that makes any sence.

one thing i used to say to myself was 'theres no life without sw, because without sw, i wont be able to lead a proper healthy life.'

I really wish you all the best in your new start :eek:)
Let us know if you need any advise or help!

You CAN do it!! x

glad to see you back on here, a new year and a new start all around, good luck with ur classes and look forward to seeing your progress on here :)

Back