Tuesday Hour x Hour

Hi all

having a foul time at the moment,went to the chiropractor this morning and boy did i get bad news.No reflexes in my left leg,no sensation,leg is over an inch shorter than the other,pelvis and sacrum out of line,and she says this is serious!!!!.I start twice weekly treatment for six sessions and if the nerves and reflexes havent returned then its the MRI scanner for me.I went for one in November and got stuck in the machine so they abandoned it,so needless to say i am not to happy about having to go again. After all the pushing and shoving i am in agony and feeling very very fed up,but she says it will get worse before it gets better (no kidding).On a brighter note i lost 4.5 lbs today taking me to 37lbs loss in 6 weeks,so i guess i should feel chuffed.4.5 lbs to go to 3 stone.The girls at work seem to like my funky new hairdo which cheered me up ,but the dog is glaring at me as she hasn't had a walk today.

think its an early night and a nytol for me

love liz

Last edited:
:( Cookey that sounds awful - sadly it will hurt more before it gets better but at least you're getting it all seen to now, hopefully it will feel easier for you soon.

Re the diet coke - there will be none for the new me ...... unless it's got vodka in it - low calorie drink ;)

Off out to visit my in-laws ..... okay I really want to see my niece :D She'll be 1 next week, that's really flown by!

I agree, new start, clean slate, just hope that I never go back to Chocolates, or at least in moderation (1 per week, or 1 per month and low cal). Only if I ever have a sweet tooth, but I htink I will ok with Chocs as well, as its been 7 months since I have tasted any, so why go back to one of my biggest weakness in all my life :)

Hey Slimss.....I clipped this from an article on AOL:

"Chocolate (dark chocolate, that is) is good for you. It has a balance of fats that don't harm your body and tons of healthy chemicals that your body needs. The only draw-back is that chocolate also has calories. Have a little square every day, but don't overdue it. "

:)

(I am glad they say Dark Chocolate - I love dark chocolate the most)

Hi all, hope everyone having a good day. Slightly worried about me getting dizzy every time I stand up. Wasn't worried til other people have mentioned it and I've thought hmm should this be happening? Decided also I'm going to try some black tea (haven't had tea since starting LL) do you know if it's ok to have normal tetleys tea?

Normal Tetleys is fine (if you like it)

Cheers

P.S. our LLC (well Corey and mine) gave us tea with some St Clements in it - very nice too!

I am having one now with Earl Grey.

It was really nice, but what sucked is that our LLC had no stock of St Clements - AARRGHH!! Role on Thursday.

Up to my eyes in preparing for the elections on 1st May - I'm running for both Town and District Council seats. If I get elected will certainly keep me occupied - less time for food when I finish the diet

Hi all,

I agree on the Coke thing, its vile stuff and the only time it ever did anything for me was when I was hungover :eek: but not as good a cure as choclate milk ( I will have to not go back there)

BL great news about the dark choclate I love it too, all except the 90% one eeew that is vile.

Funny its not the sweet stuff I miss, its savory savory with me especially biltong (BL you will know it as jerky) now that I am sure will be a trigger for me.

But till that time when I have a plate and a knife and fork infront of me again, I am particularly happy with chicken soup and thai chilli crisps yum.

Cookey hope u get better soon hun!

Corey- well done with the WL!

BL- thanks for the wonderful advice, it is much appreciated! I think i will give that ago, i agree, i used to have around 2 cans of diet coke per day! I would rather have the dark chocolate (in moderation), even though i don't like! So Tange at least u like dark chocloate, heheh, :)

Corey- well done with the WL!

I would rather have the dark chocolate (in moderation), even though i don't like!

Thanks Slims!

Re the dark chocolate - how many times do we hear that our tastes change on this diet? Like you I hate dark chocolate, but am looking forward to giving it a try after the diet - just in case. I only intend to have milk chocolate or white chocolate on two occasions - the first is if I am out to dinner and it's part of the dessert (although I won't seek it out on the menu) and the second is a little divulge at Christmas - that said if it turns out that I like the dark stuff - I may just keep with that at Crimbo - who knows.

Cor blimey, don't I waffle on?

mmmm I just know I'll always be a Cadbury's girl - milk chocolate for me so it will have to be in moderation.

Good on you Corey for standing for election - very good thing to do.

Well I've just had a gorgeous few hours with my niece - oh and her parents - she was a joy ..... specially the last bottle as I got to give it to her and enjoy snuggle time :D

Dark Chocolate, and a nice glass of Merlot, or Cabernet Sauvignon - sublime. :)

Chair is very nice Slims...thank!! It has all the buzzers and whistle one could imagine....every bit is adjustable, it reclines, it rocks, it locks, it has inflatable lumbar support - its crackin.

Typical, some staff got jealous. Made comments like, "Geez, what do I have to do to get a chair like that!?" I advised them - "get a spinal and disc degenerative disease and they can have one too." I added, "Personally, I would rather have a crap chair and not be in pain every day". That shut 'em up. :D The only thing I wish it had was a head rest, as my neck does get so tired by the end of the day, but I think that can be added on later if necessary.

SO yeah - happy with my manager for getting it so quicly forme, and seems to be very comfy.

Thanks Slimss!!

XX

Good to hear you're going to get some comfort at work now BL - I'd see about getting the head rest now though - better now than more agonising pain for you in the future because you didn't have it.

Good on your boss - too many companies let people suffer and therefore aggravate medical complaints ..... hope you get the comfort you need.

Guys, regarding chocolate, It is important to know (and I am really not meaning to patronise) what it is about the chocolate that you crave (I don't just mean like - as of course it tastes nice). What I am talking about is the craving that means you eat the whole bar even though you tell yourself that 1 chunk will suffice.

I have found that with real chocolate, I only need a small chunk or 2 and it does me - Sure I could carry on and eat the whole bar, but I don't have the craving. (I do not eat any whilst on LL of course!). I am positive that the craving comes because of the high sugar content in every standard milk chocolate - just check out the carb and sugar content on Galaxy, Cadburys etc, and compare with an 80% cocoa dark chocolate. With the milk chocolate bars you are actually getting very little chocolate at all - so much so that the EU tried to get the name chocolate removed from those products. If the hit you really need is chocolate, then a small amount of 75 - 80 % cocoa chocolate WILL hit the spot. If, however the desire (as is more likely) is sugar-based then you need to address that pretty damn quickly!

I'd also like to point out that, just like coffee, tea , wine and beer, there are many many different types of chocolate/cocoa beans from around the world and that the tastes and textures can be different. A cheap way to perhaps try this out and see what you like is to go to your local LIDL where they have a range of about 4 different dark chocolates from different parts of the world.

If you can find a dark chocolate that you like, then you will be able to carry on (after LL) with an occasional hit of chocolate (and it is VERY good for you). If not, then you will need massive will power to counter the addictive properties of all the sugar in the so-called Milk Chocolate (should really be called chocolate flavoured sugar and fat)

I don't crave chocolate. I like it, but it is not one of my trouble foods so I don;t "long" for it, fortunately for me....I tend to prefer savoury and salty to sweet anyday. Those are my weaknesses, and I generally crave very spicy, and I mean VERY - paint peeling hot - have yet to meet a Brit that can eat food as hot as I like it!! :D (It helps growing up next to Mexico and the fact my mom ate raw chili peppers every day of her pregnancy with me! :D ) Actually, Mexican food is my weakness - that is what I crave, almost always. :)

I'm the same in that I like chocolate and can happily eat it (cadburys dairy milk) but I don't and never have ate it much - I'm also a savoury person and would rather have olives/nuts snack things. Have tried dark chocolate of varying cocoa levels and expense but I'll always be a cadbury's fan if I'm going to have any.

Back