Tuesday Hour X Hour

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Innit Friday yet??? :D

Morning everyone! Happy Tuesday.

Another hectic day ahead at work.

Did I mention here that I am going to be quitting smoking in a few days? I have an appointment Thursday evening with my nurse to discuss options - I know I want patches, but doc says I have to go through the clinic BS in order to get them on the NHS. So - days are ticking down....and soon the butts will be out the window. I'm glad to be doing it now while I can't eat!! LOL May be the only way to quit smoking AND lose weight! :D

Hope you all have a great day! Drink that water everyone!!! :)

x

Good luck BL - think you'll find it quiet easy. It's all down to will power, and by keeping to this diet, you know you have plenty of that!

Thanks COrey - that was my line of thought as well. If I can do this, I can do anything!! lol

I have quite before, using patches. I had a 7 week supply, and only needed them for one week. I then quite for 2 years. Made the mistake one rainy sunday when I wanted to do something naught and had a smoke. That set off the addiciton again eventually, so I know this time, once I pack them in, there can never, ever be "just one" - it just doesn't work that way for me.

I am also highly motived as smoking will just make my spine condition worse. So, thats good enough incentive for me!

And I am truly fed up with it anyway!!

xx

Morning All.

Wow BL you are brave, good for you.
I have quit once before, and believe it or not it was after I quit I lost weight :D Trust me to do things backward.
I am going to give the quitting a go once this diet is finished, don't think I could do it now. and I am terrified I will become the moody cow I was the last time I gave up.

Its a lovely day in London hope it lasts.

Morning peeps,
It's a sunny day in Lincoln again and I think I might finish off sorting out the house today.

Good luck BL with giving up fags, I gave up 4 years ago after 1 hypnotherapy session and have never craved them since :D best £100 I ever spent.
Unfortunately I then managed to put on a few stone :( (getting a car instead of walking and having another baby also helped) :eek:

Morning All, it is a beautiful day here! Hope everyone is fine, good luck to those who have their WI's today and well done to those who have lost yesterday!

BL- I'm soooo proud of you, well done the new you, a HEALTHY you! Thats very brave of you and takes a lot of WILLPOWER to do both, lose weight and quit smoking so Bravo!

I have never smoked, never even tried a puff, however went through a phase 10 years ago when i like the smell of B & H, but that only lasted 1 day, hehe, lol! So i am glad i never got in to it, as i would probably like it and didn't want to get into another addiction on top of eating!

Still haven't had the TOTM yet, its been like 5 weeks, doctor said give it 3 months. I also have PCOS, so that could also affect it, but prior to that i more or less always had TOTM regularly (apart from 1-2 occassions whilst on the diet).

I have also started taking Folic Acid vitamin tablets (as i want to start trying for a baby by end of this year) and want to just lose the rest of my weight through exercise and healthy eating.

I tell you something, my taste buds have changed soo much in these last 7.5 months. I now love strawberries, cottage cheese, tofu and am daring to try healthy food (whatever i am allowed). So i will have no problem eating healthy in the future ( i will work hard to maintain that in my mind).

My hubby is being strict with me now (as i was lazy) in working out in our garage on the Crosstrainer, Leg-Magic and Abcruncher and then Skipping. So have started getting in to it and am enjoying it!

Can't wait for a local gym to be opening end of June (was supposed to be joining in Feb, but been delays :(..

Here's to a healthy future everyone.................. :) :)

Good luck with the quiting smoking BL the patches make it a lot easier. It really is a glorious day here today & looks like being good for the weekend (so DH says) enjoy the afternoon & good luck to all who WI today

Hi all, BL good luck with the quitting, I haven't had one in 2 and a half weeks now and its really easy now, still fancy one but not dying for it or anything. Think this an ideal time to give up actually cos we cant overeat to make up for it.

Good luck, know you can do it!!

I quit a 60 a day habit in 2000 .When rob was dying i started again and now i am totally hooked .I hate it and will try again after the weight has gone but the patches did it for me.Good luck blonde.

Afternoon, I am back from the dentist - totally numb on the right hand side of my mouth - speech is slurred, and have little chance of being able to keep water in my gob at the moment.

My day at work was pretty uneventful, can't wait for a day off on Thursday (on strike), can get some leaflets dropped around the ward if it stays like this!

enjoy the rest of your day

Well it's a gorgeous sunny evening here, really lovely .... not got any plans to go out and do anything in it mind but it's still nice to see.

BL good on you for giving up the smoking - got every confidence in you :) Well done to you too Donna, you're doing great. I gave up in 2001, got to say that I'm not an anti anti smoker though, I still think it's lovely ..... just not good for me so I can't do it.

Corey hope the mouth soon starts feeling better - pop some tablets before the anaesthetic fully wears off ((hugs))

I've had an okay day at work, slowly finishing off things and rounding up bits - got onto IT today about setting up a transfer file for all my old emails for when I change servers and networks etc, so have spent some of today going through stuff ---boy do I hoard rubbish!

Good luck with the quitting BL... I gave up in 2000 after a health scare (see a pattern emerging? only do things when there is extreme circumstances!!):)

Back